DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Aiel Heart

The Brown Field Trip

- Senexx is very interested in economics and is so learned and knowledgeable about it I wouldn't know where to start. 

Only because it is the solution to many of our social ills

Hello Browns,

my name is Tamcha and I'm new to the Tower (or rather, I'm a returnee, but I have been here so long ago, that it feels like I am new). Anyway, I love books of course, but unfortunately I don't have the time anymore to read as much as I used to. But a few pages before sleeping are a must :-)

Boredom at work ^^ That's the sad truth. I was browsing through the net looking for things to do and then remembered DM :-D

I think that’s what kept me here so long. I’m not working atm so lol I'm not here as much.

It’s good to see you :)

Are you doing the whole deal from initiate again? Where were you at when you left?

Welcome back Tamcha! Lovely to have you here  :happy:

I go through phases with reading that sometimes I barely read and I feel so busy with other hobbies and then I can't...not read, ya know!

When did you first join?

Elgee found a post from me from January 2017, so I think I joined in 2006 maybe!? I don't remember XD

And yes, I decided to start from scratch, I'm quite sure a lot of things have changed and I wanted to exlore the different groups. I have been of the Red Ajah, when I left, but I don't want to be biassed.

2006? Whaaaaaaaaat? That's awesome lady!

I think it's cool you're starting from the bottom and getting to know everyone again and see how things have changed. I reckon you'll be a lot happier where you end up knowing you done the ground work...even if you go Red again, it's nice having that confirmation!

So tell us a little about yourself Tamcha!

Yes, that's exactly what I thought.

So, what would you like to know? I'm 33, I live in Germany and am working as a pharmaceutical Engineer. I have 4 Axolotl and I'm an archer. When I have time left, I like to read, go hiking or to play video or board games.

What about you?

Hi! I am new here, currently doing my WT/DM class. I have an assignment to post in each of the field trips thread, but I was really happy when I saw this one, because I love books and good stories in general! I grew up with two librarians as parents, so I suppose I was "damaged" from birth (or blessed, as I see it).

I love to read a lot of different stuff, if I have any reading new year's resolutions, it would probably be to read a bit more nonfiction. I have a lot of nonfiction books, but every time I begin to read them, I get derailed by all the wonderful stories out there... Reality is great, and this world is fascinating, but why live in this world when you can live in a world with magic and DRAGONS, amirite? 

haha thats pretty much why i stick to fiction. living inthis world is hard enough, we’re designed to create, so why not dwell a little while in someone elses creation?

I’m trying to read more non fiction this year too! Non fiction books definitely take me longer to get through so I’m going to try have a non fiction and a fiction book on the go at the one time!

also welcome to the Browns, lovely to have you here :)

I'm with Cross on this one . . . we live the real world so I want to enjoy some fantasy with magic and dragons and talking horses and other fantastical creatures!

*says the person who hasn't read a fiction book for nearly 2 years . . . *

I was a bit busy . . . but graduated in December! I read a lot the last 2 years, but just not fiction. :biggrin:

well time to treat yourself to some fiction then! rebel and rejoice in your lack of school and read something just for the heck of it

Hello Olwena! Having librarians as your parents must have made fora very bookish household growing up.  :happy:

Edited by Basel Gill

12 hours ago, Basel Gill said:

Hello Olwena! Having librarians as your parents must have made fora very bookish household growing up.  :happy:

Yes and no - they don't really read that much on their spare time xD but we were always surrounded by books, yes, and thety were very serious about reading for us as we grew up. 

It's difficult to choose :P I love the Harry Potter series, and think those will follow me throughout life. Except for that, I'm not sure I can say I have any definitive favourites.

You know when I’m listing my favourite books series I never say Harry Potter anymore.

Which is silly because it was honestly the most formative books of my teen years and it easily the books I spent the most time thinking about and reading fan fiction etc. And if i hadn’t got involved in the HP fab boards when I was younger I probably would have never have joined Dragonmount.

I actually reread the Harry Potter books last year for the first time as a proper adultish lady. I was 27 at the time. They still totally hold up!

*waves* Hello! Starting my rounds of introducing myself to the different Ajah's. (It's been years!) 

(Not realizing the time while I was posting, i'll have to come back to this. .. ) I'm 34, married with two kiddo's. I'm an ooooold green from back in the day, red too. (The world was complicated back then.) I was once drawn to Brown back in the day because I loved learning, I still do. I love learning how to do things, as a builder. So I'm probably less bookish though I love reading for the joy of stories. 

So.. yeah, hi! :)

On 2/9/2018 at 8:50 PM, Arie said:

*waves* Hello! Starting my rounds of introducing myself to the different Ajah's. (It's been years!) 

(Not realizing the time while I was posting, i'll have to come back to this. .. ) I'm 34, married with two kiddo's. I'm an ooooold green from back in the day, red too. (The world was complicated back then.) I was once drawn to Brown back in the day because I loved learning, I still do. I love learning how to do things, as a builder. So I'm probably less bookish though I love reading for the joy of stories. 

So.. yeah, hi! :)

Hey Arie, welcome back!

My guess a lot has changed since last time you were here so no wonder you want to do the class again! I feel like that's an awesome idea.

Cool job. 

You reading anything good at the moment?

Hey,

Also doing my rounds of the field trip threads. I got you these chocolate souffle's in homage to your chocolate week.

Image result for chocolate souffle