DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Aiel Heart

The Brown Field Trip

Thats such a cool think to do Myra!

we don't really have camps here in the UK but they always sounded fun in books haha!

Greetings everyone! Dropping by to pay my respects to the grand Brown Ajah and say hello to everyone. :3

Hey Eclipse, nice to see you here!

How are you finding the Tower so far? Settle in and get cosy and tell us a bit about yourself.

Here's some hot chocolate

d9f91961-8b29-41e5-9627-063dd9af4bfa--d3

Hey there Blank! and Mrs Cindy Gill

Oh yes! I am actually making my rounds as I visit the Ajahs during my class. :) Getting a little deeper look at what exactly each Ajah has to offer. :P

*Graciously accepts the yummy coco*

Well. A bit about me. I am a single gal, nurse, avid pet owner of two wonderful (but very peepy) cockatiels and two snakes. I enjoy reading, writing, art, mythology, playing mafia, picking around and collecting on pet sites, gaming (both console and PC) and socializing. I spend a good chunk of my free time when not out with friends or my gaming group, hanging out with friends online and watching anime. Right now I am just trying to enjoy life the best I can despite it can be difficult. ^^

What kind of snakes?

You'll find other bird lovers in the tower, but I'm not sure anyone has mentioned snakes.

Mr. Gill and myself have two kitties :)

We have a couple of nurses in the Tower too! And with those kind of interests I'm sure you'll fit in everywhere  :tongue:

I don't have any pets myself and have no plans to get one but sometimes I look after my little brother's puppy and that's a delight!

What kind of things do you like to read?

Greetings, Brown Ajah. As I know books and learning are greatly associated with this Ajah, I will be very comfortable here during my Field Trip visit. Among my earliest memories, was sitting on the floor flipping through the encyclopedia set my parents had. It was for the pictures to begin with, but once I could read, it was to learn what I could about anything I happened to come across.

Thank you kindly for your warm welcome and the delicious treats.

My area of focus in college was History. I went on and got a Graduate Certificate in Women's Studies with an emphasis in History. While my area of focus was mid-1800s, I have always been fascinated by the Ancient Greeks and Romans, as well as ancient Asian studies.

Most of my reading is fantasy. Raised on Tolkien. Enjoyed Frost. So glad that I have returned to WoT. As it brought me to all of you.

There is an awesome mystery series set in Ancient Rome by Lindsey Davis. Fascinating characters and fun plots, and history comes to life.

I like to learn about everyday way of life, but from different time periods and regions. It's always fascinating to see what is similar and what is different.

Aw man Cindy, get out of here with that amazing looking snack. I'm trying to eat healthier and looking at gooey deliciousness does not help  :laugh: (*files away image for next chocolate week*)

Also, Dar'Jen! Lovely to have you here in the Brown ajah! I've been catching up on threads most of today and I've noticed you have such a big range of hobbies and interests, looking forward to seeing more from you around the Tower!

I'm Blank, I'm Head of the Brown Ajah here and I also have the fancy title of Mistress of Daes Dae'Mar. So far that means I help get the events put on schedule and jump in and help whenever needed but my job role there is ever expanding  :tongue: In the real world, I'm 27 and live in Scotland. I'm doing a temporary job at the moment while I search for one that will pay me enough money that I actually can move out and live with my lovely boyfriend. I love reading and tv and fancy food and science and history and feminism and writing letters and well, a bunch of stuff!

I'm so excited about your love of history, it's one that is shared by quite a few members of the Browns and in fact we are going to have our very first Brown Ajah History Week event in Aug. Every year the theme will change to a different time period/aspect of history and I'm really excited by it!

I'll check out your book recommendation and possibly add it to my never ending to read pile! 

Thank you. I have been enjoying the chance to wander about and meet folks. It's been a while since I've been out and about, even in a virtual setting, and am having such a wonderful time.

I will certainly look forward to the history event. That sounds fun.

Good luck in the job search. I understand about that all too well.

I know what you mean, somehow in a virtual setting it still feels like I'm out and being social etc!

Searching for jobs is terrible. I've been at it so long I'm a little fatigued and haven't even looked it for a couple of weeks!

As I continue my exploration of The White Tower, I am curious as to what you would look for in a candidate for the Brown Ajah.

Well, to be honest we are quite a diverse bunch.

And if someone has done their research in the other Ajahs and deeply thought about it and thinks that they're Brown, who am I to argue?

More generally if you find you have a thirst for obscure knowledge and get even excited about topics that you aren't interested but someone else is, if you find you can have a tight knitted bond with someone without needing to check in everyday or even every month (our Browns tend to wander sometimes), if you find yourself drawn here at this board over any of the others then you might be a good candidate for the Brown Ajah  :happy: Although, I am more than positive there are Aes Sedai in other Ajahs that fit this description also! It really just depends where people feel most at home. Some aspirants know almost instantly, for some people their perception of the ajahs change over time. 

The best we can ask is that we see candidates interacting with all the ajahs before aspiring here as it means we know that they have made an informed and considered choice!

Hope that's helped  :happy:

Thank you for your insight. It is indeed helpful.

I am enjoying the process of learning about myself as I learn about The White Tower.

I know, it has a way of making you self examine yourself. It runs the full gamut from lighthearted fun to deep introspection. 

I love the internet!

I know that which ever path I choose I will have friends within the other, and places within various Ajahs and Discs in which to find friendship and solace. This is an amazing place, and I am very pleased to have stumbled across it and decided to join.