DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Aiel Heart

The Brown Field Trip

It still confuses me no end when actors who speak with perfect American accents in the walking dead suddenly become British in the talking dead. If I'm not looking at the tv I never recognize them. Andrew Lincoln is at least two people.

The northern Brit accents are the best but of course... all planets have a north.

You're on fire with the references tonight, Cindy!

We're rewatching the classic who and the reboot and torchwood :wub: I'm in my bbc happy place.

yYsQyMW.png

And this is interesting to me, because I spent a year in WA, and everyone there said my accent was midwestern.

Edited by Sooh

It mostly got me right. It claimed I was most similar to upstate New York (but not the northern sticky-up part). The three most similar cities for me were Buffalo, Rochester, and... Providence, Rhode Island (wait,what?)

I'm from Scotland

But apparently I talk like someone from Honolulu  :laugh:

map_zpsosmffiks.png

7466604b4b33cc0eaa86d0d63017c5ac.jpg

I read that, closed my eyes and pictured Scottish surfers. Had to see what google had to offer, and while it's not exactly what I had in mind I'm not disappointed.

7466604b4b33cc0eaa86d0d63017c5ac.jpg

I read that, closed my eyes and pictured Scottish surfers. Had to see what google had to offer, and while it's not exactly what I had in mind I'm not disappointed.

I wish Sooh!  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Hello Browns, I am here for a little field trip. I am exited to learn about the Browns here at DM. I am actually a brown sedai on another website, so seeing the similarities and differences will be very interesting indeed. (But I am looking forward to being a novice and starting all over again. Its going to be fun.)

Reading about your Ajah and their history had me thinking of some of ours. So I will offer a few tid bits in exchange for some more info about the inner workings of DM Brown traditions. Plus maybe you will find it fun to hear about another sites Browns. (if not I am totally not meaning to offend)

Brownies at the site I am on is a blue ajah thing lol. Browns are more know for liking cheese and rum. There is a long time joke/tradition with browns and tiki drinks and cabana boys. We have bunnies as a sort of mascot to stand for dust bunnies (who keep our books tidy). Every guest accepted receives a dust bunny of their very own to name. We also have a joke about brown healing. Which is where we beat people with large reference books. We also have the term brown outs for those oh so brown distraction moments. At this other site the browns are known for being very clever and witty.

I love those fun and silly things about ajahs and now I want to hear about yours.

Offers up a cheese platter for everyone.

How-to-Build-the-Perfect-Cheese-Platter-

Also some yummy Brownies

Tray_Brownie.jpg

Wow thanks and welcome!

I think I speak for a.l of us when I say... why is the rum gone?

Cheese and rum are as good as brownies ayup.

We might could beat someone into better health if necessary but... not with the books...

We're overall pretty bookishly brown, and the library cats would take it amiss mraooooooooooowwwwwwww......

Blank is our first chair, and she is definitely our socializer. The rest of us are a little shyer... like the cats perhaps.

I'm irl married to Basel Gill, who I met here.

And it's Sunday morning, so we're tucking into crackers and goat cheese as it happens.

The rum will wait.

I have never had a large piece of goat cheese only had it sprinkled on a salad.

Ha yeah I should have figured there would be some correlation between sites. :)

I saw the green ajah bonding awards thread with you and Bill. My husband is not into fantasy books so that is really cool. Though I doubt I could share an ajah with my husband. I think we drive each other batty enough sharing the same house.

Tell me some of your favorite memories from your time in Brown. What are some of the best DM Brown moments in history?

Hey! I'm wheeloftime13, although most people call me Time. I joined DM in July 2012 and was active until a year and half ago. I just got back a few weeks ago. I love cheese!! Especially brie... wouldn't know about rum. I'm not sure on how things have changed in the brown, but our chocolate week has always been fun in my opinion. Thanks for the cheese and brownies. *noms* Books are really big here as well which is great because I am addicted to all kinds.

I'd agree about chocolate week. Our most recent one was mind bogglingly wonderful and nearly obscene in its beauty - thanks almost entirely to blank's chocolate delivery thread. Truly a masterpiece.

In general, I don't think of my DM home as a punctuated equilibrium of excitement. In part because I have difficulty keeping the wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff straight, but mostly because the Ajah is a quiet comfort, a place of peace and calm and when missing firefly, of tranquility.

Basel was the first chair when I joined the brown, and we were already close, so sharing the Ajah has never been an issue. Since we've been sharing a home, though, the Internet in general has become less a place in my head and more an entertainment and diversion. I can't make myself live here in my imagination, and I can't remember how I did anymore. Life is very busy and full, and tbh.... this cuts into our tv binging time :laugh:.

Still, it's our first home and I remain fond of it.

Oh Cindy Sedai I love the way you have captured a feel for DM Browns. Thank you. Thats just what I was looking for.

I joined right after chocolate week. I will have to go read those threads.