DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Great Arvalon

This Is a thread for the Discussion of what the post Tarmon Gai'don world might be like and what a squeal series would theoretically be about.

I'll begin with the my own collection of ideas The Raven War Saga.

Aviendha's actions to prevent her vision of the future, the destruction of the Aiel and the conquest of world by the Seanchan now known as the Raven Empire, didn't prevent that war just delayed it and insured that Westlands would fight on better term. Aviendha shares her vision of the future with the Aes Sadi and the Asha'man. And they all come to the conclusion that the Seanchan can not be trusted to abide by the Dragon's Peace. Once the situation in the Seachan homeland has been stabilized it is inevitable that they will return to complete their conquest of Westlands. The Orders prepare for the war comming. the Aiel under the direction of the Wiseones form their own organization of male-channelers"the brotherhood of might!" and adept to the changing face warfare. The Aes Sadi Form the Unbound, a secret cabal drawn from the most trusted and powerful members of the Green and Brown Ajah's and release them from Oaths not to Kill with the One power and not make weapons with the One Power. The Members of the Unbound train constantly for battle, and forge and stock pile power-wrought arms armor and militarily applicable Ter'angreal. The Asha'man in addition to the arms build up, complete the black tower and fortify it, transforming their tower into a mighty fortress. They also build other smaller hidden fortress in remote locations in Westlands and other places, such as Tremalking and the Isle of Madmen;which the Asha'man have begun a slow campaign to stabilizes and recruit from.

I think that the forth age will be a time of relative peace and prosperity at least on the main continent (aka Randland).  After all, the characters have fought hard and sacrificed much so I choose to believe that they will now get to enjoy some well deserved R&R.  Rand has established several universities meaning that education will be available to the general populace and this has also lead to some technological advances that seem to be taking society from medeval to steampunk.  I don't think the Seachan will be a threat either.  I believe that Mat's role in stablizing Seanchan and Hawkwings talk with Tuon will help improve their relations with Randland.  In short I think RJ never planned to do a sequel series because it would be rather boring.

In short I think RJ never planned to do a sequel series because it would be rather boring.

But he did. We were to see Mat and Tuon go back to Seanchan...

Interview: Feb 22nd, 2013 Question

What happens next? Somebody please tell me.

Brandon Sanderson

Well I can tell you a few things actually. The sequel trilogy that he was writing, he left us two sentences. One is, Mat is dicing in a gutter somewhere. And the other is Perrin is on a boat traveling to Seanchan thinking about how he's got to go kill a friend.

I think that the forth age will be a time of relative peace and prosperity at least on the main continent (aka Randland).  After all, the characters have fought hard and sacrificed much so I choose to believe that they will now get to enjoy some well deserved R&R.  Rand has established several universities meaning that education will be available to the general populace and this has also lead to some technological advances that seem to be taking society from medeval to steampunk.  I don't think the Seachan will be a threat either.  I believe that Mat's role in stablizing Seanchan and Hawkwings talk with Tuon will help improve their relations with Randland.  In short I think RJ never planned to do a sequel series because it would be rather boring.

In Randland I think there will be peace internally. This is why Mat and Tuon will spend the rest of their lives taking back control of the Seanchan continent.

I could also reasonably see some sort of skirmish or war between Shara and the allied Randland nations ( Seanchan excluded)

There was that one prophecy that mentions The Last Battle done but the world not done with battles or something along those lines.

In short I think RJ never planned to do a sequel series because it would be rather boring.

But he did. We were to see Mat and Tuon go back to Seanchan...

Interview: Feb 22nd, 2013Question

What happens next? Somebody please tell me.

Brandon Sanderson

Well I can tell you a few things actually. The sequel trilogy that he was writing, he left us two sentences. One is, Mat is dicing in a gutter somewhere. And the other is Perrin is on a boat traveling to Seanchan thinking about how he's got to go kill a friend.

Yes, I'm aware that RJ did plan one writing a trilogy about Mat and Tuon stabalizing Seanchan, however I tend to think of this more as a spinoff series than a sequel series.  Kind of splitting hairs I know, but to me a sequel series would be the continuing adventure of Rand al'Thor so to speak, while the planned outriggers would have Mat as the main protagonist.  I emphasized that it would be a time of relative peace and prosperity in Randland and this is why the outriggers would take place in Seanchan and would involve their internal conflicts as opposed to conflicts with Randland and the Aiel.  

Archived