DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Herid in FoH and LoC

Perhaps it's been discussed before, but does anyone think the Herid, who half fell through the doorframe Ter'angreal in FoH in Rhuidean, mentioned by Kadere by name Herid, who had not been entirely right in his mind afterwards, might actually be Herid Fel the Philosopher first mentioned in A Taste of Solitude.

I don't think it matters so much, but there are a few things there. Not being right in the head fits. That he was supposed to be an Andoran student of history and philosophy not so much. That he had been one of the first to leave the wagons after crossing the Spine and Fel having somehow ended up in the Royal library in Cairhien would. I don't know whether the Eelfinn could have stuffed anything in his mind with him only halfway through the things, but at least his head went through. And finally, as he was a Darkfriend, his being killed by the gholam is much easier understood, Min didn't have to lose the note, only a Darkfriend helping Rand would be punished like that.

Thoughts?

Two separate people..from EWoT:

One of Hadnan Kadere's drivers, a Darkfriend.

ChronologyOther References

And finally, as he was a Darkfriend, his being killed by the gholam is much easier understood, Min didn't have to lose the note, only a Darkfriend helping Rand would be punished like that.

Not sure what you mean here? The shadow caught wind that he was on to something and so had him killed. They would do that to anyone helping Rand with such vital research.

Ah, Suttree, I missed the second part of your reply:

And finally, as he was a Darkfriend, his being killed by the gholam is much easier understood, Min didn't have to lose the note, only a Darkfriend helping Rand would be punished like that.

Not sure what you mean here? The shadow caught wind that he was on to something and so had him killed. They would do that to anyone helping Rand with such vital research.

It has long perplexed me how the Shadow caught up to it. He was pretty much belittled, and Rand would not have been likely to advertise the fact he thought him important. Also the way he was killed, torn limb by limb, strikes to me as something the Shadow reserve for those of their own who betray them. Last time I recall something similar was done, was to Barthanes, and the Black Aes Sedai caught in the Stone of Tear. There's no need to be so flamboyant, the gholam is after blood after all, he would have specifically have had to been commanded to tear Herid Fell limb by limb.

Fel did however spend a long time "fishing" when Rand wanted to hear more about the note Min kept. Perhaps he'd remembered he was a Darkfriend and should talk to some Darkfriend superiors? And his killing was the backlash!

Archived