DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Audio books of Wheel of Time

badhead

They are fantastic. The readers do a fantastic job of giving each character thier own voice and personality. I like the Male & Female readers based on the point of view.

I also found that it covers up some of the differences in the writer change as the "voices" stay consistant.

The audio books are cool. Yes a woman reads the female POV and a man reads the male POV. The method to my madness is to physically read one of the books and then listen to the audio book right after. The one thing that I didn’t appreciate at first was the character voices, but now that I’m accustomed to it and they no longer sound goofy.

Anyone listend to them? What do you think of them, and the decison to have a male read some parts, and a female others?

The pairing is a very good idea but K. and M are awful. Their voice is irritating, pronunciations of names changing all the time...

Despite some of the pronunciation issues (which were fairly minor in my opinion....easy enough to figure out what they are talking about) I thoroughly enjoyed the audio books. I think Kate and Micheal are great narrators, in this series and many others. It's all a matter of opinion of course, but I highly recommend the audio books

To echo previous commenters, this is a matter of opinion and of taste.  And it is true that M&K don't always use consistent or correct pronunciation.

Nevertheless, I thoroughly enjoyed the audiobooks.  In fact I liked them so much that I never actually "read" the last two books, because I prefered to hear M&K.

Like the previous commenter, I highly recommend them.

New poster here!  I'm on my 2nd read through of WoT, and doing so exclusively through audio books this time.  It's a great way to get a nice take on the series, especially as the readers may emphasize different tones or inflections you may not have picked up on in your own read.  I think they both do a great job.   

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't have much of an option since my commute to work takes a bit. Enough time to enjoy the story while waiting in traffic while at the same time not having personal time to actually read the book. I would encourage it, because you do get a voice to go with the character and I also find it easy to follow. The man and woman alternate often where majority of the time the male is speaking for the male while the female speaks for the female. I'm on book 6 and I'm a fan of the series.

Archived