DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Elgee

Roll Call for August 2013 - ALL members please read the first post and take the poll !

63 members have voted

1. 1. If you were a person living in the WoT world, would you prefer to live in (or originate from):

• The country side
    • A small village
    • A town
    • One of the big cities
  2. 2. If you were a person living in the WoT world, would you prefer to be:

• A farmer
    • Some other form of commoner
    • A noble

Bridmorgan ~ Aes Sedai ~ Green Ajah

I said nobleperson in the city...so much to see and do and you'd need the money.  *nods*

Second choice would be nobleperson in the country so I can have my hundreds of horses.  :tongue:

Although if I was a noblewoman, I would have a city house and a country house....

Edited by Bridmorgan

Kukaso - Aes Sedai - White Ajah

Commoner in a big city. Just like Misheru -  a seamstress or innkeeper, or something like this :happy:

Amarande - Novice

City Noble, for sure. Let's put it this way ... I'm a geek, and the only way I'd be able to have geekly interests in a medieval-ish society like Randland is probably if I'm that. Need to be a noble (books were expensive in pre-industrial times!) and from the city too (the country tends to have little in the way of non-basics in such societies).

I suppose the downside's that cities give you more risk of plagues and the like, but this is WoT where there's magic and a cure is often an Aes Sedai away (especially if the city happens to be Tar Valon, which I think would be my specific preference in general).

_CLOUD - Accepted

I think it would be fun to be an innkeeper in a town somewhere in the countryside.

tonnalea ~ initiate

Noble in town

(I thought I had done this already. Odd.)

Matrim Hat-rim ~ Manshima

I chose Town, as I already live in the country, a small village would be too small so you couldn't get away with pranks so easily, and a big city is just that... too big...

A normal commoner is sent off to war and nobles seem in constant danger of assassination, so why not make your living as an honest farmer eh?