DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Of a Dreamwalker's Limitations

Jeynhir

As I understand it, you can do anything in the world of dreams, as long as you can picture it in your mind and you habve the will to put it into effect. So a dreamwalker especially a practised one e.g. lanfear or moghedien could do anything and more with their mind than they could with an angreal.

If your a powerful Dreamer, you don`t need the power. You could just imagine that the person you are facing can`t channel, and if you truly believe it, it`s true. Anything you can do with the power, you can do easier with your mind in Tel`aran`rhiod. The only reason you would need the channel in the world of dreams, is if your facing someone as skilled in the drream as yourself.

Exactly..

And i Doubt it takes merely being stronger than the other in the Dream to make him unable to channel..

To change something so important you would have to be Strong enough to crush him without thinking of it..

I doubt Moghy vs Egwene,for the example,in that fight no one could do that to the other.

So =>OP fight,and being able to have a kickass Sa'Angreal can help :)

The problem with facing someone with equal strenght(like Egwene vs. Moghedien), if one picture an angreal, the other won`t let her make it, or will make a stronger one him/herself. The only reason Nynaeve managed to make an a`dam around Moghediens neck was because Moghedien didn`t pay attention.

The conclusion is that if two people are equally skilled in the dream, neither will let the other make an angreal. And if one is stronger than the other, he/she doesn`t need to make an angreal to defeat the other.

I don't know if this is off topic. But, I was wondering about Egwene and Gawyn. When she was dream walking and found Gawyn's dream. They had sex. Did she lose her virginity? Did they really have sex? Afterall, he was dreaming. Or did she pull him into TR and that made it real. Which, brings to mind another question. Does he know that it happened? He probably thinks it was just a very vivid dream, would be my guess.

He didn't pull her into Tel'eran'rhiod (possibly misspelt). He unconciously pulled her into his actual dream (or his dream seeked her out, depending on how you look at it), if I remember correctly. That's part of the reason why she lost control with him. (Not that she needed much persuasion.)

As for losing her virginity, I guess it depends again on whether sex in dreams should be considered actual sex. To put it delicately, I don't think she would have found a physical change in her body when she awoke- so yes, technically she'd still be a virgin.

If they had done it in actual Tel'eran'rhiod then she would have physically lost her virginity as bumps, scars etc suffered in the world of dreams would appear on your actual body (so it makes sense that the other (ahem) change would have too). I don't think the same rules apply when your actually in someones personal dream though. The danger there, is that you can become subject to their will (even if you're a powerful dreamwalker) since you're in their own personal world, but physically your safe.

I always thought the part with Nynaeve making the a'dam was skimmed over too much for me to really know how she happened to capture Mog in real life. She made the a'dam in T'A'R, but once they woke, it wouldn't be there anymore. So she made the cup of sleeping herb stuff, made Mog drink it, which means that Mog would be sleeping in the real world... Now what? Nynaeve knew Mog had to be on the boat with them, because Mog said some things that gave that away, so what.. Nynaeve just went door-to-door to find which one of the women on the boat with them was still sleeping and wouldn't wake up? Then coincedentally Elayne just happened to figure out how to make an a'dam super fast, in a different style than the regular a'dam (a silver segmented necklace minus the chain connecting it to the bracelet). What great timing for Elayne to figure out how to make ter'angreal!

Anyway, that's my best guess. That part just irritated me because it happened so fast and was just skimmed over.

I agree that it would have been nice if we could have found out how Moghedien was found. Once they did though (and asleep) it would have been relatively simple to keep her in control until the adam was created though, since it only takes one woman to hold a shield on someone even if they are more powerful (and Nynaeve and Moghedien are apparently evenly matched in terms of power from what I hear).

As for the adam, if I remember correctly didn't they already have one with them? Yes I know the necklace Moghedien was wearing was created by Elayne, but wasn't there another they had available which they could have used in the meantime? I thought that was part of the reason how Elayne was able to create a new one, by studying one of the old.

I agree the talent did come fast, but the idea of old lost talents and skills returning is a theme of the series. And don't forget, the girls were travelling with Mat for a while. It's possible his twisting of chance might have affected her.

The only problem is they were trying to keep the fact that they had captured one of the Forsaken secret! They couldn't very well go around shielding her permanently or walking around with a leashed woman behind them. The solution that they came up with is the only one which would have worked - which is probably why Robert Jordan wrote it that way. The only other option would have been for them to turn her in.

Just keep her on forkroot until you can come up with one. Tell everyone she's deathly ill/comatose and the great Nyneave is keeping her alive.....barely, until she figures out a cure. After you have an a'dam ready for Moggy, surprise! Nynaeve comes up with a cure.

Archived