DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Best none main chacter

Guest leebarr

I'm a fan of.... I don't know I guess Julian is a good one. I don't think that Thom can be considered a "non major character". He's been around since the begining. That's like calling Loial a minor character.

Or what about Bayle Domon. He's popped up more than a few times. I kind of like him

I agree - Thom is a main character. Juilin maybe' date=' or Olver. Birgitte or Lanfear. Much as I hate the forsaken, I respect Lanfear. Or perhaps Siuan, or Gawyn?[/quote']

Siuan= main

Olver= Well he aint playing a small part

Birgitte=She plays a big part actually

Lanfear= Plays a good part for 5 books than WH as cyndane.

Gawyn=I'm honestly not sure if hes small or not? Being the lover of the amrylin the First Prince of the Sword once he is in Caemlyn, Rand's enemy till he finds out hes an uncle, they will be even worse enemys :P

Uno: I love this guy, he's such a loyal and honorable warrior and he is hillarious to boot with his constant swearing. I think one of the funniest scenes in the entire series is his interaction with Nyneave in LoC when she agrees to let him swear in ever other sentence. Of couse he hasn't been given much screen time since LoC but I hope when Egwene's army finally invades Tar Valon he well be given his moment in the Sun (I'm only halfway through CoT so if this has already happened please don't spoil it for me).

Logain: Very intriguing for a guy who gets so little screen time. I just like the way that in TEotW he was thought of as the dreaded False Dragon, but then he turned out to be a decent guy.

Suian: Just gotta admire the woman's coruage, how she planned to turn the White Tower on its ear by pledging her support for the Dragon Reborn and how she refused to give up even after being stilled.

Flinn, Narishma and Hopwill: Gotta love Rand's three favorite Asha'man.

Hopper: I love his determination. I mean not even death is gonna stop him for aiding Young Bull and doing his part in the Last Hunt.

I love Logain. He was made out to be this horrible bad guy, and I still feel bad when I remember the description of him wandering aimlessly through the WT garden after he was gentled and being gently admonished by the Accepted watching him. He was so frail and helpless then, but now that he has been healed to full strength, he's still a good guy with morals and consideration. Didn't he apologize when he boned his Aes Sedai? He has an assertive alpha-male personality but his heart is definately in the right place.

Then I like Narishma. The guy has guts and he doesn't want to give up, e.g. when he was sparring Lan with Rand's other special little Ashie friends. I loved how every time he lost he just reset himself and demanded one more round over and over again, even though he was exhausted and Lan hadn't even broken a sweat and everybody was making fun of him. He's got spunk =]

I was thinking about Logain and Taim...and I realized that Lews Therin has different reactions to the two of them. Every time Rand sees Taim, Lews Therin wants to kill him. However, Lews Therin usually puts up with Logain's presence. This same thing happened with Dashiva (who happened to be a Forsaken...hmm...) It seems to me that Lews Therin has a sixth sense for evil. :lol: I think Lews Therin is more of a secondary character, because he is almost static (he changes a little bit..). Lews Therin FTW?

VERIN. Anyone who can face a charging army of Trollocs and say "Interesting" is awesome in my book!

very true but she has been around know to much and has done to much to be a minor character to me... Logain is another I see as a fairly major character also.

I liked Uno, and what was the name of that first thief catcher that rand and co. met. the one that transported with rand to the "alternate" reality... I liked him

I liked Uno, and what was the name of that first thief catcher that rand and co. met. the one that transported with rand to the "alternate" reality... I liked him

That would be Hurin and I totally agree with you and I can believe I forgot to include him in my list. I've been disapointed that he hasn't resurfaced but I hold out hope that he will make a trimphant return in AMoL.

very true but she has been around know to much and has done to much to be a minor character to me... Logain is another I see as a fairly major character also.

Yes, but the question asks for "Non Main Characters" not minor characters. Main characters refers to the characters whom the story is about, while major characters refers to characters who get alot of screne time and/or play a very significant role in the story but who are not necessarly the focus of the story. All main characters are major characters but all major characters aren't necessarly main characters.

Too me the main characters are:

Rand

Matt

Perrin

Egwene

Nyneave

Elayne

Moiraine

and to a lesser extent

Lan

Thom

Avihenda

Min

Loial

and the main villans:

Ishameal/Moridin

Lanfear/Cyndane

The Dark One

Paden Fain

Other Major characters include (but are not limmited to):

Logain

Berelain

Amys

Suian

Verin

Taim

Elaida

Leandrin

LTT

Gaul

Aram

Brigitte

Alanna

Juilin

Morgase

The rest of the Forsaken.

Minor Characters include (but are not limmited to):

Leanne

Sheriam

Valan Luca

Tylin

Beslan

Regan

Dain Bornhald

Geofram Bornhald

Lini

Basal Gill

Lamqwin

Mattin Staphanos

Nicola

Jachim Charidin

Dannil Lewin

Most AS not included above.

I know this is a matter of opinion and there is alot of gray area but I hope you get the idea.

I agree - Thom is a main character. Juilin maybe' date=' or Olver. Birgitte or Lanfear. Much as I hate the forsaken, I respect Lanfear. Or perhaps Siuan, or Gawyn?[/quote']

Siuan= main

Olver= Well he aint playing a small part

Birgitte=She plays a big part actually

Lanfear= Plays a good part for 5 books than WH as cyndane.

Gawyn=I'm honestly not sure if hes small or not? Being the lover of the amrylin the First Prince of the Sword once he is in Caemlyn, Rand's enemy till he finds out hes an uncle, they will be even worse enemys :P

I'm sorry, I didnt realise the purpose of this forum was to pick apart other people's personal opinions. My mistake.

Trakand... I've not been around much longer But I ahve learned it's quite common for people around here to attack other peoples post... don't atke it perosnaly. It was a good list that covered everyone of major/minor importance.

Archived