DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Skipping parts

Gaul

When you guys first started reading TWoT did you ever feel like skipping Egwene's POVs after raised amyrlin? Especially that incident *before raised* where she got sucked in Gawyn's dream.. and he killed Rand... I mean he has to be realistic Rand will blow the $h!t out of him... anyway lol.. Right now I'm at chapter 16 in CoT.. which is about another 100pages untill a new POV In my opinion I find her POVs useless and pretty boring,especially with the.. omg i want Gawyn noooowwwwwwww. So I was wondering did you guys ever think that and should I skip her POV?

I always read through it how it was meant to be read through when I am first reading a book. However, I find that with some series (especially WOT) I like to skip through entire books following one POV (After I've already read them of course) You notice a few things that you would not have otherwise, and it's much more enjoyable for me. By the time I finish with one POV, I'm ready to read another POV.

Yeah, I just finished with Egewnes POV in CoT and it took me 2 weeks. I was so boring I couldn't focus on it long enough to read more than a few pages at a time. Egewene's, Elayne's,(and Perrin's of late) are really hard for me to read.

Honestly I was looking forward to Elayne's they don't really bother me but the paragraph...

"To her mortification, Elayne blushed in embarrassment. Her cheeks felt on fire! Maybe the swings in humor were wrose than the cosseting. Light, she had months of this to look forward to! Not for the first time, she found a kernel of resentment toward Rand. He had done thos to her- all right, she had helped him, instigated the doing, in fact, but that was beside the point-"

Theres more but i don't wanna type it.. I generally like Elayne but before she... gets in on... with Rand shes complaining that she wants to do him. After he does he she complains... I find Min POVs annoying too i mean "That big bed made her feel so forward" "She hoped to use the bed today" " thats a big bed" And those are all differant quotes I mean Min had no storyline signifigance she can see the pattern, other than that she serves as Rand's sex toy and the "true" love of his trio I honestly think he loves Min more than the other 2.

• Community Administrator
Theres more but i don't wanna type it.. I generally like Elayne but before she... gets in on... with Rand shes complaining that she wants to do him. After he does he she complains... I find Min POVs annoying too i mean "That big bed made her feel so forward" "She hoped to use the bed today" " thats a big bed" And those are all differant quotes I mean Min had no storyline signifigance she can see the pattern, other than that she serves as Rand's sex toy and the "true" love of his trio I honestly think he loves Min more than the other 2.

You know, I alwasy here people bitching and complaining about ONOES elayne is mad at Rand for knocking her up! Come on people, Live in reality, watch some tv, think a little! It is well known that women have severe hormon swings while pregnant! Happy to Sad, to Angry To happy all in the same hour! Also if you ever watched ANY movie with a 'pregnant' women who's giving birth, they always look at the man, breaking there hand in the process and says "YOU DID THIS TO MEE!!!!" Many, many women have said somethign to that extent even if they Wanted to get pregnent! All RJ did was use a common pregnency Cliche when it came to Elayne! Get over it! For a MAN Writing a womens pov, RJ is doing just fine, even with all his cliches!

Sinister, you should spend a little time with a few different women...most of them will tell you that the movies and TV shows you refer to are completely dramatized and mostly fabricated about the way a woman acts while pregnant. Especially that whole "hospital delivery room" thing...

I agree that Elayne's whining is a little annoying, but it is part of the story, so I read it and move on.

I tend to skim read them. In fact Rand, Perrin and Mat are the only ones who's POV's I read - the ta'veren effect?!

Granted I'm on my 5th re-read but i just skim read them, and if my eyes pick out anything important, Rand's name, Elaida etc, then I'll read the sentence. I can't say I've ever missed anything major. They tend to just fill out the character.

• Community Administrator
Sinister' date=' you should spend a little time with a few different women...most of them will tell you that the movies and TV shows you refer to are completely dramatized and mostly fabricated about the way a woman acts while pregnant. Especially that whole "hospital delivery room" thing...

I agree that Elayne's whining is a little annoying, but it is part of the story, so I read it and move on.[/quote']

Notice I said the 'cliche' thing?

not all women act like that, but you honestly believe tehre are no women out there who experience those wild hormonal swings and yell at the father for doing that to them?

I honestly find the parts about Elayne bitching about her pregnancy extremely humourous. She wanted children, she wanted them by Rand she has to live with the conseqences. I'm into politics and stuff so maybe that's why I find Elayne's POVs interesting.

As for Min I agree that Rand loves her best and her being with Rand is, I believe, a device to keep Rand human until Cadsuane can do her stuff.

I usually listen to Egwene's POVs but I agree that they do get a bit tiresome. For example, she's bitching about how she wants people(novices mainly) to not fear her but then she chews iron and spits nails.

Her complaining is annoying but not as annoying as Perrin's obsession with Faile his and hers I mostly skip from after she was taken. I did read them all the way through and all I can say is thank God/Allah, take your pick, that I had the CDs cuz If I had to read those parts might NEVER have been read.

I honestly find the parts about Elayne bitching about her pregnancy extremely humourous. She wanted children' date=' she wanted them by Rand she has to live with the conseqences. I'm into politics and stuff so maybe that's why I find Elayne's POVs interesting.

As for Min I agree that Rand loves her best and her being with Rand is, I believe, a device to keep Rand human until Cadsuane can do her stuff.

I usually listen to Egwene's POVs but I agree that they do get a bit tiresome. For example, she's bitching about how she wants people(novices mainly) to not fear her but then she chews iron and spits nails.

Her complaining is annoying but not as annoying as Perrin's obsession with Faile his and hers I mostly skip from after she was taken. I did read them all the way through and all I can say is thank God/Allah, take your pick, that I had the CDs cuz If I had to read those parts might NEVER have been read.[/quote']

haha, I know, in CoT Elayne, Egwene, and Perrin ridiculoudly obsessive POVs got real boring real fast. Egwene whined too much about how evrybody unnecessarily hated her when she acted like a complete female dog when approached; Elayne yaked on and on about Andor and yadayadaya forEVER, making me want to cry for mercy; and Perrin's "Faile was moree important than anything else" made me want to wrap my fingers around his neck and shake/stnagle the shit out of him. Only Mat, Rand, Nynae;ve, and most of the time Cadsuane's POV interested me at all. Thank God I finally fined the book with much grumbling and moaning. Fortunately, KoD is sooooooo much better in 50 thousand ways and Egwene is actually tolerable now soo yeah. Just get past CoD and you'll be fine =]

When you guys first started reading TWoT did you ever feel like skipping Egwene's POVs after raised amyrlin? Especially that incident *before raised* where she got sucked in Gawyn's dream.. and he killed Rand... I mean he has to be realistic Rand will blow the $h!t out of him... anyway lol.. Right now I'm at chapter 16 in CoT.. which is about another 100pages untill a new POV In my opinion I find her POVs useless and pretty boring' date='especially with the.. omg i want Gawyn noooowwwwwwww. So I was wondering did you guys ever think that and should I skip her POV?[/quote']

no, I always looked forward to Egwene's point of view most of all since I first started reading WoT. And still do!

In the beginning of the series, I had always liked all of the major characters. However, I soon changed my mind when certain female characters began thinking themselves .... superior to their male counterparts. It infurates me to no end when Egwene starts ranting on how she's going to make Rand bowtow to her. If she had to go through half what Rand did, she'd break into a million pieces, and yet she still thinks she's somehow better or an equal to Rand lol. I just want to see Rand put her in her place, but according to one of the "visions" it looks like she will force him to bow down to her ... Which is absolute crap ... The other female characters(Elayne, Nynver whatever), although they might have similar attitudes, you will notice that this attitude has lessened throughout the series. Even throughout the last books with Perrin and Faile, I could still understand and like both of the characters. Although it was really boring ... They did what they had to do. I just can't forgive Egwene lol.

Yea Egwene annoys me to no end I mean "Ima gonna make some love with Gawyn till he crys for mercy"

"OMFG RAND DID ELAYNE WTF WTF IS THAT OMFG OMFG"

"I want millions of Gawyn's babies"

"OMG RAND GOT ELAYNE PREGNENT :O

Sorry for the big caps :)

But these quotes aren't real I can imagine them being like that and thats what Egwene acted like.. She thinks because she's amyrlin shes like the overlord dictator of the world... When in reality Rand is the overlord dictator of the world :P

haha, that is seriously hilarious! :lol: I totally know what you mean! She is such a [insert rude word here]! It was soooo annoying how Egwene was like ewwww, OMG how could Rand get Elayne pregnent? and then not even 2 seconds later she's like OMG I like soooo want 5 million of Gawyn's babies and do hime till he cries for mercy! I just wanted to tear her face off! And then she goes off on everybody for no reason and wonders why everybody is sooo stupid and unreasonably afraid of her. I'm just biding my time till Rand has enough of being "set in his place" and after bowing to her turns around and blows her into fluff with a rogue fireball. :lol:

We can only dream :cry:

Yea but seriously if ANYONE in that book needs strees relife (ie. SEX) its Rand.. he deserves some of that before TG while Amyrlins(to my understanding) can't be married OR have kids... In your opinion who needs the strees realive?

Rand the DR who might(im a fan of he won't) die and deserves something with his 3 ladys

or the Amyrlin who has to keep the tower together before and after the last battle... How is she going to spend time with Gawyn.. it's just like the Elayne/Rand realtion one of them walked up and said"I love you. Will you do me 5 books from now?"

I hope Rand and Gawyn(i dunno if RJ stated this but i thought it was the Rand/Galad)get in a duel Rand can show the snot nose little boy that he can't be bet outside of Gaywn's dreams:P

Archived