DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Guild Wars 2

Gabriel Kross

• Community Administrator

Woot!

oh, and yea.. I got it... I haven't posted anything becuase the first 2 weeks pissed me off....

Short version.

I bought it august 30th on a whim.

It added the guide to the charge (I didn'twant said guide).

Never got my serial key.

1 week later. I got the serial key.

Serial key didn't work.

1 week later, they finally got back to me. The serial key was actually for the guide. And they never had a serial key for the game for me. They refunded me the price of both ($75) so I could re-buy the game.

I got the money back into my account, and repurchased it.

Now I'm level 20 and trying to catch up while being 2 weeks behind.

My username's the same (SinisterDeath) The numbers behind my name, as there are multiple SinisterDeath's out there. (I'm the original! And would have been 2 weeks ago to...) is 2187... so. SinisterDeath.2187.

I think they put numbers behind every name. I know a couple of guys who have been in since very early and they have numbers as well. I could be wrong but...

Enjoying it well enough. Someone bought it form me as an inducement to play. I love exploring, got about half the world in so far at level 63. Game play is alright. Combos with other people's abilities are neat. Crafting gives really good XP. There is a pretty good variety of world events, from the easy to the ridiculous. Game is still a bit buggy in places (first dragon storyline encounter being a prime example), but on the whole I'm enjoying it.

I think they put numbers behind every name. I know a couple of guys who have been in since very early and they have numbers as well. I could be wrong but...

Enjoying it well enough. Someone bought it form me as an inducement to play. I love exploring, got about half the world in so far at level 63. Game play is alright. Combos with other people's abilities are neat. Crafting gives really good XP. There is a pretty good variety of world events, from the easy to the ridiculous. Game is still a bit buggy in places (first dragon storyline encounter being a prime example), but on the whole I'm enjoying it.

Yea it does.

howeve ron the add-friend part. If your name is virutally the most unique one? It'll add it striaght away (without numbers)

But if you were to add mine? You'd need those numbers, as theres multitudes of them out there. :wink:

• 4 weeks later...

didn't see any of your posts until today...sorry!

So for anyone else, you can have friends across worlds and so forth. Right now, you can transfer free of charge to any server until they get the guesting feature working.

Gear comes from drops, crafting and currency purchases, and there are two kinds of currency - one is in-game gold (subdivided into silver and copper) and the second is karma (represented by a purple triangle), gained from finishing certain area events and dungeons. Actually, I guess there is a third, gems, but you buy those with real money, or I hear you can trade in game gold for them. Those are used for account upgrades and what not. Not necessary to enjoy the game though.

74% world completion at this point. Hardest world boss I've run across is the Champion Flame Shaman in far NW Iron Marches. Holy crap that guy is a jerk.

lol.

I have a level 80 guardian, has been for a couple of weeks or so, so I didn't get there quickly - you have to understand that exploring is a passion of mine in games, so I roam the world looking into every nook and cranny. I did it on WoW, LOTRO, WHO, Rift and now GW2. Occasionally it gets me into trouble, but I don't mind corpse runs so....yeah. I've also a level 22ish elementalist who is fun as heck but also REALLY squishy.

There's not a good way to power someone through. If I drop into a lowbie zone, it drops me to a level appropriate to the zone, so a starter zone I'd be level 4ish and it varies according to the mobs in the area. I still have all of my abilities, so I'm far more powerful than a true new char, but I can't just crush a zone through my level 80 awesomeness. Running in groups increases kill speed and therefore XP, but it doesn't help you go faster through the landscape or make it much easier to find random bits that are hard to find, unfortunately. It DOES make the various area events go a bit easier, though some of those are timed and not based on kill speed. Anyway, fastest way to level is probably a combo of running around killing stuff and joining every area event you see. Crafting is also really good XP, so gather, chop and mine everything you can find.

I'd be willing to shift some stuff to you if you want. What are you playing and what are your weapons of choice and roughly what level are you? Also, I probably have an extra bag or box or two. Also, what server is home? I bounce between two and I'm usually doing something with friends (jump puzzles are a thing for me currently when i'm not exploring the far corners of the world :D), but if you're on Henge of Denravi or Tarnished Coast and I'm not otherwise doing something I'm willing to come roam around for a bit.

People should start throwing out toon names. (I know, that's a WoW term) So far I've only added SD. I think he should recognize that it's me sending it lol.

I haven't logged in to GW2 for.. awhile.

Mostly because I'm now focused on Rifts Expansion. once that dies out a bit i'll hit up GW2 again, but that won't be for at least another month.

People should start throwing out toon names. (I know, that's a WoW term) So far I've only added SD. I think he should recognize that it's me sending it lol.

I haven't logged in to GW2 for.. awhile.

Mostly because I'm now focused on Rifts Expansion. once that dies out a bit i'll hit up GW2 again, but that won't be for at least another month.

Hopefully I'll have semi caught up with you by then lol.

• 4 months later...

I am not sure if this thread exists anywhere else out here, but I feel the need to ask....  Does anyone out here play Guild Wars 2?

My charcter on there is a human thief and helps lead a small guild called the Champions of Ehmry Bay".  My name there is the same as here, and the guild borrowed its name from the name of our world.  So, if anyone ever needs someone to run with, drop me a line.  :happy:

Thanks, SinisterDeath.  I wasn't aware of the search function here.  :)

Judging by the number of replies to this thread, I would guess I am one of only a handful on the forums to enjoy GW2.  All well.  If anyone ever wants to jump in, look me up.  I will gladly run a few quests.

• 2 weeks later...

Need help.

Decided I wanted to play this with a controller. But having massive difficulty getting the game to connect properly. I tried pinnacle and the GW2 download, it works but very jittery and the camera will only spin in one direction and very slowly.

I then tried to down load xpadder, it asks me to restart my computer but when I do I can't find it anywhere.

Ideas?

I know some of you will be anti controller for mmo's, but have only had my laptop for 2 months and the movement using keys messes with my mind. Also it would be nice to sit back and play it on my tv with the laptop to the side (i'm a lazy bastard).

You know you can always buy/use an keyboard/mouse on a laptop. That's what I did cause laptop keyboards suck arse. :tongue:

That said, I can't really help with the controller aspect, the closest I've done with that, was with my ps3 controller while playing dark souls on the pc. (A bad console port)

Archived