DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

M'hael - Bad Name?

Perhaps because he actively helped the cause of the DO, by recruiting darkfriend ashaman and Turning susceptible ones. He's not the "class leader" but he certainly ranks higher than Demandred or Moghedian in terms of current favor. 

Not sure how you can say he he ranked higher than Dem. In fact we know that's not true.

I don't think he meant ranked as in seniority, he said ranked in current favor, which can be inferred by Moridin's chastising of the other forsaken when they complained about Taim being raised.  The entire reason he was raised was because he had done more to help the shadow than the others.

Now whether that trumps Dem bringing the entire Sharan army onto the field is another question, but if you look at it in term of time in the game and resources, I'd say Taim brought more to the table considering what he had to work with.

Not sure how you can say he he ranked higher than Dem. In fact we know that's not true.

I don't think he meant ranked as in seniority, he said ranked in current favor, which can be inferred by Moridin's chastising of the other forsaken when they complained about Taim being raised.  The entire reason he was raised was because he had done more to help the shadow than the others.

Now whether that trumps Dem bringing the entire Sharan army onto the field is another question, but if you look at it in term of time in the game and resources, I'd say Taim brought more to the table considering what he had to work with.

basically this. he took advantage of the tools he had and raised an army of dreadlords for the shadow.

basically this. he took advantage of the tools he had and raised an army of dreadlords for the shadow.

lucky guy won the shadow lottery in being put into such a position even though he wasn't trusted

Demandred was second in favour only to Moridin. 

He was the de-facto Nae'blis until Moridin's rebirth, as Graendal and Sammael observe Demandred lording over them all. 

I'm not sure how Taim can be considered higher. 

Taim recruited 100 or so Dreadlords. 

Demandred recruited Taim - presumably gave him the Seal - 300 Sharan Ayyad + some X0,000 warriors.  The second most powerful - now the most powerful - male sa'angreal in the world, and has overall command of the Shadow's armies. 

It seems to me as if his name is one more thing for DO to use against the other forsaken. One more divisive tool to set his followers against one another.

This is most likely the reason. 

Also, Moridin needs to keep them in line so they don't go out and kill Taim ASAP. 

Should keep in mind that most of the Forsaken did not make up their own new names, they were given them by the people of their age.

For example, Sammael was named Destroyer of Hope after he betrayed the Gates of Hevan and brought the shadow into Rorn M'doi and Satelle.

Pretty sure it is stated that Lanfear is the only Forsaken that claimed her own new name.

Looks like Taim is the second to do so.

BWB

While Rahvin preferred manipulation, the Forsaken known as Be'lal, the Envious, was a master of it, to the point that he was often known as the Netweaver.

commas may mean that Be'lal means the Envious, or may be another nickname

Archived