DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Things left unsaid

clutzyninja

There are tons of dangling plot lines left at the end of MoL.  I don't mean that as a bad thing, if anything else, I like letting my imagination fill in some of the blanks.  I'm curious what others think about how some things turn out, or other danglers that people have thought about themselves.  The ones I've really wondered about are:

Will the Seanchan honor the treaty or go back to their conquering ways.  If they do break the treaty, will they be stopped or will Avi's vision come to pass?

--I like to think that Hawkwing did as Mat asked and Spoke to Tuon, and she will see that coexistance is the way to go.

What becomes of the WT and BT?  Will the Asha'man stay separate, or will they (eventually) join up with the AS?

--I see them as staying separate, at least for the duration of Logain's leadership, and likely for a long time after that.

Does Mat keep his luck, or will it leave him along with his TV nature?

--I'd say he keeps it, just because.

Before reading aMoL, I wondered if Perrin and Egwene would have a chance to discuss TAR, but now, I just wonder what will become of Perrin's abilities, now that he is Saldean royalty and all...

Is Aviendha pregnant?

--I say yes

Is Min?

--I say no

Which if any of the 3 will follow Rand?

--My guess would be Min, and Min alone.

And finally, what's next for the 4th Age?  The bore is well and truly sealed, this time.  Can an age pass without a Last Battle?  Or will the Wheel have to continue turning so long that "legend becomes myth," and some jackass 3000 years from now detects a possible source of power even stronger than Saidar and Saidin...

THe way I remembered it, she had children in her vision at Rhuidean, but that vision has already been rendered at least partially invalid by the death (sniff) of Rhuarc.  Was there a "in the present" confirmation of her pregnancy?  I don't remember...

1. I think they will honor the treaty in part due to Hawkwing's talk with Tuon, in part due to Mat's influence and in part because they fought along side the Randlanders in the Last Battle and surely have developed some respect for them.  None the less, I think there still will be some friction between Seanchand and the Randlanders particularly because in the would be outriggers Perrin in on a ship thinking about how he must kill a friend.  This may imply some friction between Seachan and Saldea.

2. Remain separate but will lean to work with one another and eventually become allies (for the most part).   After all Logain has been put through by the WT in just don't see him merging with them though I think he will lean to get along with them.

3. Mat will keep his luck because it does not come from his ta'veranness but from the fact that he is "The Gambler" (the reborn soul of Kenny Rogers?)

4.  I don't see how being Saldean royalty will make a difference.  Now that he has accepted his wolf brother nature I think he will continue to converse with wolves both living and dead.

5. Yes, I'm pretty sure that has been confirmed

6. I kinda hope so.  I would like to think she gets to have some of Rands actual children since any children Rand might father following AMoL would not technically be his progeny but that of whoever originally inhabited the Moridin body.

7.  I agree, probably just Min.  For one the other two have responsibilities that would keep them from running off after him and for two she was the one who for all practical purposes functioned as his girlfriend.  The other two just kind of got in on with him when he happened to be around.  Or to put it another way Min had an actual relationship with Rand while the other two were more or less his f*ck buddies.  I do kind of wonder if Min will accept her place among the Seanchan what with being raised to The Blood and all.

8. While the early 4th age will be turbulent time in Seanchan I think it will be a time of relative peace and prosperity in Randland, perhaps even rivaling the AoL.  And yes, one day some assclown will drill the bore again but that will not be for several ages.

I don't know much about the plots of the outriggers.  But if Perrin was talking about killing a friend, and that friend is Seanchan, it would have to be Tylee, right?

Or Mat.

Interesting, but I can't think of any realistic situation that would lead to that.  Not to say it isn't possible, but I have trouble thinking of the events that would have to occur for Perrin to need to kill Mat.

There's also potentially Min in Seanchan, as another friend of Perrin.

Something I wish we knew more about was how the Seanchan adapted to the spreading knowledge that sul'dam could be collared.  Do they choose to carry on as normal?  Do they limit the time sul'dam can work with damane?  Do they collar sul'dam after a certain time?  I always felt that this revelation should have had a greater impact than it did, although I suppose RJ might have planned to explore it in the outriggers.

I'm not surprised.  Even at the end, the knowledge wasn't really commonplace throughout the Empire.  A selct few Sul'dam and freed damane know, and Tuon herself.  The real question is what Tuon decides to do with that knowledge, or whether the AS and/or others make it a point to advertise it.  An interesting side story would be a damane and sul'dam revolution, where the empire was split between those that wanted an end to the practice, and those (sul'dam included) that would want to keep things as they were.

It was indeed planned for the Outriggers. He purposely left it because he knew he was going to explore it later. Which doesn't help seeing as how things turned out. However, I suppose that's a part of the tragedy. 

Personally, I think it would go pretty smoothly. Mat and Tuon retake Seanchan and collaring is slowly phased out via interaction with Randland channelers and the truth coming out. 

Archived