DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Tinker Thread is up!!

Arinth

I believe I sent everyone a PM that has been around recently but this is open for anyone that wants to join in.

http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/topic/83482-the-blade-or-the-leaf-attn-bard-babe-banders-tinkers-open/

The basic plan: (credit to Barb Babe :-) )

Stage one

The Band is marching back from Tanchico and along the way they run into a camp of Tinkers. They spend the evening talking and sharing stories with the Tinkers and making friends.

Stage two

Some roaming bandits in the area have heard that the tinkers have made camp and come to attack them. They are caught by surprise by the presence of the BoTRH and a fight ensues.

Stage three

The tinkers show their horror for battle but help the wounded soldiers. The soldiers and tinkers get a chance to reflect on the the life of a soldier or the Way of the Leaf. Some come to conclussions that will change the course of their lives.

Everyone is welcome to join in.

I have several of the Band's NSWs in the area, as well as two non-Band NSWs, but the one I think will work best for this RP means that I'll have to wait a little bit before posting.  Should totally be Worth it, though; it's one of my favorite characters to Write at DM.  I'll jump in With one of the others if Things need a push, though.

And sorry for the weird capitalizations.  Computer's a bit stupid.  Should be solved in the very near future, though.

Took care of the extra posts, too.

Are there plans for somebody specific to make the introductions?  If not, go ahead and use Calder to answer the questions, and make sure that the DotNM and her bard see things.  For the record, she has some freedom to go about the camp, but she's always under heavy guard.  The bard is allowed more freedom, and he is talkative and interested in learning.  Use whatever discretion with him that you want.

I has question - so even though my character never was involved in the Tanchico RP, do I just pretend she's coming back from that along with everyone else? People will know she's a chick and whatnot by now cos obvs she'd have been with the Band for some time at this point then :p

Actually, I was just trawling through the DotNM planning threads to get an idea of what's been happening, and found this:

The entire Band is not in Tanchico, just a small number.

So I'm gonna assume that meant the rest of the Band had been waiting somewhere outside Tanchico or something? Cos then Miri could have been with the rest and thus make the situation a bit less confusing for me XD

Ha ha, well I need Arkin to get a bit of character angst and he's already done the whole tinker thing on his travels so trusting the bad guy too much works perfectly. He's gonna be all starry eyed at his magnificent composing abilities. *nodnod* Hmm, I might go and edit my post...after school maybe :P

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry, been a crazy few days.

We will be back to the citadel soon (I hope) and not have to worry about any more timeline issues. I agree with Quibby, its not a big deal and it could be easily modified a number of ways if was for anyone.

Edited by Arinth

• 5 months later...