DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Good Surprises!

Yveva

Ok, I can list plenty of movies that let me down, but I am wondering what movies (to you) were a good surprise? You went in to it with low or average expectations, and then found out it was superwaygood... Or you didn't really know what you were getting in to and it blew you away?

I'd say both the first Matrix and the first Pirates of the Carribean were movies I wasn't intending to watch in the theater, and I thought they were going to be uninteresting/not to my taste, and both were WAY better than expected (of course, sequels fail to life up to it, but whatever) How about you?

Guest Emperor

Stargate - I had never seen a trailer nor heard anything about the movie. While visiting my cousin in New York, we decided to go to the theatre and see it and I was pleasantly surprised.

Memento - Same scenerio. I have never heard of it and was blown away by the movie. It is one of my top 10 movies of all time.

Usual Suspects - Another one I had heard little about and went to see on someone elses opinion. Such a great plot and characters.

Shawshank Redemption - A prison movie.... sounds boring. Now my favorite movie of all time. I still can not believe it did not win best picture. That was a good year. Pulp Fiction, Shawshank and Silence of the Lambs (good but better than the other two... no).

Well, I went to see Night at the Museum today because Tinks has been on and on at me...I can say that I actually enjoyed it...I was expecting to be bored but it was qiute funny and entertaining.

Borat was another...It was all that was on a the pics and my friends really wanted to see it there were times I was nearly crying with laughter.

Archived