DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Who had more SW influence...RJ or BS?

Orderofolde

I've picked up on hints here and there from the original Star Wars universe (IV, V, and VI) such as Rand's power-wrought blade being like a light saber among some few other things that struck me as laughably being potentially George Lucas inspired, but I was kinda clubbed over the head when I found Yoda Gawyn lying on the field of Merrilor when Galad finds him and tells him that there is another...a sister brother.  Then later Galad gets his forearm cut off and is tossed aside like a rag doll.  Did RJ's library in his Carriage House have Star Wars books or is this a play off Brandon adding in some newer-age myth and lore?  Not that I minded too much, but that scene had some serious cheese to it, made me groan and do a facepalm. :huh:  

Worst topic EVER.  Flaming swords and deathbed confessions were common in works of fiction long before Star Wars came around.  Star Wars didn't exactly invent the idea of someone losing a limb in a sword fight either.  I mean look what happened in The Empire Strikes Back, Luke was fighting a guy all dressed in black and a limb was lost so obvious George Lucas was heavily influenced by Monty Python and The Holy Grail, right?  Because any story the bears a vague resemblance to any aspect of another story was obviously influenced by it.  Hey remember when Rand, Mat and Thom got on that ship in EtoW?  RJ must have been watching Titanic when he came up with that one.

Archived