DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Novices, Accepted and Warders, Oh My

So we've had a request for a Novice to  train a warder in reading. An Accepted has also offered to help out. It would go more with our timeline to have the Accepted train and it would be permissible according to book lore. The Novices are under strict protection so I'm really against a novice having any interaction with the Warders yard without a super good reason.

I'm okay with it if they're the only two in the class, if that makes any sense.  Most of the characters in WoT can already read, so they'd be a big minority.

Plus, if there are only two of them, the Accepted could monitor them a lot easier.

Edited by Leala Gymorraine

Actually I was pretty sure the situation was that the Warder Trainee asked for an tutor from the Tower to help him learn to read and write. Later a novice said she also needed to learn to read and write and asked if she could join the lesson. We had an Accepted offer to teach them.

So my thoughts on this:

1. I support 100% the Accepted teaching the Novice.

2. Due to the Novice rules of NO BOYS ALLOWED (as Rashi mentioned above) I would say the Novice and Trainee should not be able to trained together.

Furthermore, due to the fact that Novices and Accepted Train in Retro to have them training along side a Main Timeline Trainee (or slightly retro, but not nearly as retro as aspies) I would say I want to stay away from. However,

3. If the MoN and the Warders RGL both agree I could agree to fudge this timeline in the way that the Accepted could then teach the Warder Trainee

4. alternately a Full Sister could teach the Warder Trainee while the Accepted train the Novice.

Those are my views. I know I've been ninja'd as I wrote this, but I didn't read the new post yet. Sorry if I restate what was written or contradict it.

I say let's go with option 3.  I asked Seia about it, and she seems fine with it too.  :)  I think as long as we make it clear that this is happening in the retro, so that it may as well have not happened when Ariani gets to Aes Sedai, and make it clear that Kira will be there to supervise and monitor behavior as well as teach, it should be fine.

I'm a little iffy but I can go with it. :) Let the kids enjoy. I do think it is kind of silly to have a character building thread and then not be able to use it later in your own storyline, but the kids need to enjoy too. *laughs* So lets do it. :)