DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A Royal baby name

I'm not going to lie, I was totally hoping for a little Princess.... both beacause of how freaking adorable she would be AND just to watch history being made with the succession laws being changed. I guess I just wish it was something we would see in our lifetimes, and it's so weird to realize that we won't, barring anything absolutely terrible happening. That being said, I'm happy he was born and they're both healthy, and I still can't wait to watch him grow up because he's still going to be adorable and I think they'll be awesome parents!

This. Less the whole adorable thing (I'm allergic to babies :P) ... :P

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

James might be nice

James was speculated on the papers all over today. I like James it's a nice name. There were also hints that it might be called Francis after Kate's family's tradition. However don't really like Francis as a name..

On a more interesting note... 993940_486137204807546_838123412_n.jpg

He's not the king of just England the full title is something like the King of United Kingdom ,Great Britain, England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland and other states from the dominions, eg Australia, New Zealand, Canada as well as the Common wealth. yeah it's a lot to comprehend lol

I'm not going to lie, I was totally hoping for a little Princess.... both beacause of how freaking adorable she would be AND just to watch history being made with the succession laws being changed. I guess I just wish it was something we would see in our lifetimes, and it's so weird to realize that we won't, barring anything absolutely terrible happening. That being said, I'm happy he was born and they're both healthy, and I still can't wait to watch him grow up because he's still going to be adorable and I think they'll be awesome parents!

England has already had a Queen since 1952!  Then there will be King, King, King.

England has already had a Queen since 1952!  Then there will be King, King, King.

What I took it to mean was it would be the first time a baby girl would already know her destiny was to become Queen, and even if Mum and Dad had a baby brother, she would still reign.

I wonder if that happened if they would creat "Princess of Wales" in her own right? That is typically only given to the eldest son. Even Queen Elizabeth didnt get that title when it was apparent she wasnt getting any brothers. Oh well ...we'll have to just wait for litte Prince X to have a kid, and hope it's a daughter to find out. :smile:

And I must say, it will be odd knowing there are Kings on the slate for the rest of my life. When Lillibet passes away, I will probably never live to see another Queen of England. God Save the Queen! :smile:

Didn't Pratchet say that the fastest things in the Universe were Kingons/Queenons - as the new King/Queen becomes King or Queen instantly upon the death of the former King or Queen.

Even faster than the speed of Light.

I think it is in Pyramids :)

Yep Pyramids. Or it might have been Wyrd Sisters. Love Terry. I saw somewhere he'd planing a tour. Just have to find some info. I'd love to be able to meet him....

She became Queen in 1952 when she was 25. We had a King the very moment just before that - George VI

And King George became King after his brother King Edward (David) abdicated for love.

I'm okay with this. A lot of our best kings were called George.

And now that I know both the sex and name of the kid, this is the part where I will stop giving a crap about this over-hyped affair.

Ugh ... George. Alexander & Louis are nice names, though.

Also, reading Snuff at the moment :biggrin:

You'll love it!!! read it as soon as it came out i love Mr Vimes! And the goblin reminds me a bit of Dobby in HP lol

She became Queen in 1952 when she was 25. We had a King the very moment just before that - George VI

And King George became King after his brother King Edward (David) abdicated for love.

I don't agree with that being why he abdicated ...that was the PR spin though, and I do think he loved Wallis.

I think he was unprepared to be Monarch, and had some serious character flaws that made him an inept sovereign ...love was just a weigh to cushion the blow. LOL

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge name their son George Alexander Louis, Kensington Palace says.

I was hoping for a fourth name. :sad:

I don't mind it ...though still not crazy about George as a first name ...they could have done Alexander George Louis ...I like that better.

Typically when a new Royal Baby is named, there follows a spike in that name's popularity. I wonder if we will see a spate of babies now named George?

I don't agree with that being why he abdicated ...that was the PR spin though, and I do think he loved Wallis.

I think he was unprepared to be Monarch, and had some serious character flaws that made him an inept sovereign ...love was just a weigh to cushion the blow. LOL

I agree. He never wanted it. That was the public proclamation.

"George." Ugh. Hope they call him Alexander.

Archived