DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Alivia = Nakomi?

mrtumnas

Okay so I had a crazy random thought.

A lot of people complain about Alivia's role in "helping Rand die" just by giving him some gold. I agree with those complaints. Mainly, how on earth did she know Rand would survive in Moridin's body? How did the switch even take place? The way it's written, when Rand leaves, it's like he just woke up for the first time. How did Alivia know to put gold within his reach, and if she did, how did Rand know it was Alivia who had done so? It doesn't make any sense.

The only way I can see that Rand would know Alivia was involved, was if he had seen her before waking yet after Tarmon Gaidon, and the only person he did see: "Was that Aiel clothing? An old woman, with gray hair?" He didn't recognize the voice, but Nakomi's powers could easily include changing aspects of her appearance. Also I don't recall any scene where Alivia and Avhienda would have met.

It's a stretch, I know...but it makes more sense that a rescued damane with the mind of a child figuring out that Rand was linked to Moridin, that Rand would come to inhabit Moridin's body, and give him the gold he would need to escape the camp.

It would also explain Alivia's fanatical devotion to Rand. Not a rescued damane, but the Creator's Avatar who was determined to see Rand stay safe for the last battle. And it might explain why Min sees so many viewing around Alivia, but none that she can understand, aaand it makes the "help him die" viewing make so much more sense, because she actually did help him die by orchestrating the body swap.

Anyway, I know it's crazy but what do you think?

Rand just wanted to create a self fulfilling prophecy in case he won the last battle. She did help him die, right? Much better that it be this way than another. Whether or not the body swap was premeditated, Rand obviously wanted to disappear after it was all said and done; his survival would have pretty much nulled the Dragon's Peace.

Archived