DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

the foretellings

crash

The lion sword, the dedicated spear, she who sees beyond. Three on the boat, and he who is dead yet lives. The great battle done, but the world not done with battle. The land divided by the return, and the guardians balance the servants. The future teeters on the edge of a blade. - Nicola (Lord of Chaos, Chapter 14)

The very first thing Elaida had ever Foretold, while still an Accepted and had known enough even then to keep to herself was that the Royal line of Andor would be the key to defeating the Dark One in the Last Battle.- Elaida (The Shadow Rising, Chapter 1)

The White Tower will be whole again, except for remnants cast out and scorned, whole and stronger than ever. Rand al'Thor will face the Amyrlin Seat and know her anger. The Black Tower will be rent in blood and fire, and sisters will walk its grounds. This I Foretell." - Elaida (A Crown of Swords, Prologue)

What does anybody make of this?

Guest cwestervelt
The lion sword, the dedicated spear, she who sees beyond. Three on the boat, and he who is dead yet lives. The great battle done, but the world not done with battle. The land divided by the return, and the guardians balance the servants. The future teeters on the edge of a blade. - Nicola (Lord of Chaos, Chapter 14)

Elayne, Aviendha and Min are taking Rand somewhere to be healed. Think King Arthur going to Avalon after being mortally wounded.

Any truce with the Seanchan won't last much past Tarmon Gaidon.

The Guardians (Asha'man) are already close in numbers to the Servants (Aes Sedai).

The future teeters on the edge of a blade just meens that it is too soon to tell who will win. One mis-step and the games over.

The very first thing Elaida had ever Foretold, while still an Accepted and had known enough even then to keep to herself was that the Royal line of Andor would be the key to defeating the Dark One in the Last Battle.- Elaida (The Shadow Rising, Chapter 1)

Typical of Elaida's foretellings. Flawed because of her personal pride. The Royal Line of Andor includes Rand al'Thor, Tigraine's son. Since he is the Dragon Reborn the royal line of Andor is very important. Elaida, had she not been so arrogant even as an Accepted, would have told someone when the information might have been useful. By the time she was Aes Sedai and able to act, it was too late and her attachment to Morgase connected her to the wrong people.

The White Tower will be whole again, except for remnants cast out and scorned, whole and stronger than ever. Rand al'Thor will face the Amyrlin Seat and know her anger. The Black Tower will be rent in blood and fire, and sisters will walk its grounds. This I Foretell." - Elaida (A Crown of Swords, Prologue)

The split in the White Tower will be repaired and Elaida, a few of her closest associates, and the Black Ajah will get driven out. Egwene is going to play the hypocrite and be royally pissed with Rand over requiring Aes Sedai to swear fealty to him. We already have sisters walking the grounds of the Black Tower. The "rent in blood and fire" likely indicates a pending clash between Logain and Taim and there associated factions.

That's my two cents...

• 2 weeks later...

I think the three in a bout thing will be after rands body is called, and after he has taken over moridins body, though the girls dont know it. There is quite a bit of evidence that for at least a little while the girls will think rand is actually dead, and indeed its kind of themetic if you think about it.

I see this as Elayne, Avi and Min on a boat with the dead body of Rand.

I think this not only includes Rand, but also Luc/Isam. Remember that Luc was Rand’s uncle. I think there is some significance in them being related and I believe Rand will encounter Slayer at some point and learn what happened to him and how he effects the constant body swap. I think this will be important for when Rand faces Moridin, who is already partially within his mind. I can see Rand facilitating a body swap with Moridin and Moridin will die in Rand’s crippled, blind body. That body will then be placed on a boat by the three ladies as described above. I just think there is too much coincidence in having Luc an uncle of Rand’s. If he is just another darkfriend or assassin why did RJ make him Rand’s uncle? No, he is part of the royal line of Andor and as such is going to be part of the key in defeating the Dark One.

The Black Ajah will be ferreted out, cast out and scorned. Along with Elaida and a few other troublemakers. I think Egwene will assume control of the White Tpwer during the imminent Seanchan attack. Elaida is already drinking herself into a stupor, I don’t think she’ll be able to handle a direct attack on the White Tower. She’ll crack and Egwene will assume control. She’ll bring the rebels army within the walls of Tar Valon and unify hers and the Tower armies. Rand will then arrive and form a truce with the Seanchan. Egwene will abuse him for… well, whatever she wants. She’s always been less than reasonable where Rand is concerned. Logain will go to the Black Tower to gather the Asha’man for the Last battle. He and the Asha’man loyal to Rand will fight with Logain against Taim and his shadowsouled Asha’man. There shall be much carnage, death and gnashing of teeth.

The White Tower will be whole again' date=' except for remnants cast out and scorned, whole and stronger than ever.

What does anybody make of this?[/quote']

I don't see any way that this could happen unless the White and the Black Towers merged. Before the split in the tower there were X amount of Aes Sedai, and it was at its weakest state in its history, the towers split, X amount of Aes Sedai die, and then it becomes whole again. Now they are even weaker than they were before the split, which pretty much assures they cant be stronger than ever.

Throw in the Kin and you still don't gain much.

Merge with the Black Tower, and now you have male and female channelers, which they haven't had since before the White Tower even existed, making it the strongest the White Tower has ever been.

Guest Majsju
The White Tower will be whole again' date=' except for remnants cast out and scorned, whole and stronger than ever.

What does anybody make of this?[/quote']

I don't see any way that this could happen unless the White and the Black Towers merged. Before the split in the tower there were X amount of Aes Sedai, and it was at its weakest state in its history, the towers split, X amount of Aes Sedai die, and then it becomes whole again. Now they are even weaker than they were before the split, which pretty much assures they cant be stronger than ever.

Throw in the Kin and you still don't gain much.

Merge with the Black Tower, and now you have male and female channelers, which they haven't had since before the White Tower even existed, making it the strongest the White Tower has ever been.

Throw in that Egwene's camp has +1000 novices, relations with Wise Ones and Windfinders has been established, Egwene, Nynaeve and Elayne discovering new weaves, including some huge things like making ter'angreal...

Also throw in that the BA is about to be rooted out.

Once Egwene can toss Elaida out (preferably through the window), the tower is set on a path to become stronger than ever.

• 3 months later...

Archived