DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

how the taint affects Rand

Nihaza

dont know if this is the right place to post this, but anyways, been searching google and tried to find an answer but nothing.

So in the book The Path of Daggers Rand starts getting nauseaus from saidin, what im wondering is why is Rand getting affecteed by this the way he does when both Taim and Logain or none of the others clearly dont get effected att all in the same way when both Taim and Logain have been channeling for much longer (sorry for my bad english)

Have you read past The Path of Daggers or are you still on that book? If you're still reading The Path of Daggers, then you find out more if you keep reading. If you've read more or want to know anyway, it's because . . . 

. . . it's not caused by the taint on saidin. The sickness starts after Rand crossed balefire streams with the stranger he met in Shadar Logoth in A Crown of Swords.

i have read the books once before, long time ago tho and never thought about it before, and yes now when you say it he crosses the beams with Ishmael or morridin, i assumed its becouse of saidin since it accur everytime he tries to grasp it

i have read the books once before, long time ago tho and never thought about it before, and yes now when you say it he crosses the beams with Ishmael or morridin, i assumed its becouse of saidin since it accur everytime he tries to grasp it

My memory may be a bit foggy, too, but I think Moridin gets the same sickness when Rand channels, or something related. When the balefire streams crossed, it seems to have linked their souls/bodies somehow, and that may extend to their connection to their source. Whenever Rand uses that bridge to saidin, I think that bridge is is now somewhat shared with Moridin, and pulling saidin through it irritates that connection. It seems to be how Rand pulled on the True Power in the Gathering Storm, too, though I'm not sure if we have a confirmation on that.

My memory may be a bit foggy, too, but I think Moridin gets the same sickness when Rand channels, or something related. When the balefire streams crossed, it seems to have linked their souls/bodies somehow, and that may extend to their connection to their source. Whenever Rand uses that bridge to saidin, I think that bridge is is now somewhat shared with Moridin, and pulling saidin through it irritates that connection. It seems to be how Rand pulled on the True Power in the Gathering Storm, too, though I'm not sure if we have a confirmation on that.

Being as how supposedly only the DO can grant access to the TP, that seems like a pretty reasonable assumption

Archived