DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Aiel and Rand

Gaul

Hey guys got a few questions..

Do you think sulin is Rand's brother because earlier in the series she states he is her first brother..

Do yous think Rhuarc can possibly be his uncle?

Do you think anyone in the aiel has a blood connection to him

Do you think sulin is Rand's brother because earlier in the series she states he is her first brother..

Possibly, I think this could be due to the fact rand is the only son of a maiden ever known as such and so all the maidens seem to treat him as a brother.

Also possible, but i'm not sure if Rhuarc and Janduin are of the same clan. Can't remember, help?

However it is more than likely that Rand does have blood relatives amongst the aiel seeing as his father was a clan chief an all that.

Guest cwestervelt

She just thinks of him as a brother.

It has been stated repeatedly through the books that the Maidens are divided on how they act towards Rand. As the carai'eil has noted, this is due to not knowing how to view the only son of a Maiden ever to be recognized as such. The attitude varies everywhere from big sister/younger brother in the case of Sulin to mother/son in the case of Nandera and others.

Hey guys got a few questions..

Rand can't be Sulin's real first brother. In order for that to happen, they would have to share a mother. Siblings that share a father and not a mother are not called first brothers. It is possible, however unlikely, that they share a father. But it is not possible that they would know if they shared a mother.

Also possible' date=' but i'm not sure if Rhuarc and Janduin are of the same clan. Can't remember, help?

However it is more than likely that Rand does have blood relatives amongst the aiel seeing as his father was a clan chief an all that.[/quote']

I doubt that Rand and Rhuarc are related, but Rhuarc and Janduin were both clan cheifs of the Taarard Aiel.

I think he meant maternal in regards to his mother's family history in both the wetlands and the waste.

His mother couldn't have any blood relatives in the waste not being aiel and rand being her only son born whilst amongst the race, she had no blood mother or siblings amongst the aiel. She did have wetlander relatives, Luc being her Brother and i think morgase is a relative, cousin or something?

Janduin was the youngest Clan cheif ever I believe, and also led the 5 tribes across the spine of the world in the aiel war. He was killed by Luc in the blight, however it is very likely he had brothers/sisters amongst the Taarard and possibably rands grandparents could be alive on Janduin's side of the family. Although there is no mention of them.

I think he meant maternal in regards to his mother's family history in both the wetlands and the waste.

His mother couldn't have any blood relatives in the waste not being aiel and rand being her only son born whilst amongst the race' date=' she had no blood mother or siblings amongst the aiel. She did have wetlander relatives, Luc being her Brother and i think morgase is a relative, cousin or something?

Janduin was the youngest Clan cheif ever I believe, and also led the 5 tribes across the spine of the world in the aiel war. He was killed by Luc in the blight, however it is very likely he had brothers/sisters amongst the Taarard and possibably rands grandparents could be alive on Janduin's side of the family. Although there is no mention of them.[/quote']

When I mentioned Tigraine's waste relations I was speaking about Janduin. It's pretty obvious that she would not have blood relatives in the waste.

And yes, as I said and you confirmed, we have never been made aware of anyone related to Janduin.

I think he meant maternal in regards to his mother's family history in both the wetlands and the waste. We hear plenty about her and her family history throughout the series. We don't get more than "Janduin" about his father.

Yeah, I meant maternal as in regards to his mother. Doesn't matter if we're talking about Tigraine or Shaiel as they're the same person.

Archived