DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Has anyone tried converting Pathfinder rules to a Wheel of Time system?

I am considering doing an RPG set in the world with this system. Possibly as a RP adaptation of the books since my friends haven't read the books and it would be lol worthy to watch them RP Rand, Perrin and Matt. But I am not sure what would need to be changed or added to make the world work. Some things like magic r much more powerful whilst certain things don't work in the world. Any tips or pointers?

• 8 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Svevin - Pathfinder and 3.5 is basically the same, with minor changes. You can use my conversion, and just use the regular 3.5 skills (instead of the pathfinder ones) and ignore the CMB and CMD rules.
In most respects, aside from the skills, you can use my conversion with 3.5 with no problems.
I'll try to upload a link to the updated version tomorrow, as I'm not sure this is it.

This is the latest linkhttp://1drv.ms/1lt8Ak3

Hope you enjoy it!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I've ran Wheel of Time campaigns with the WoT RPG book and basic D20 rules, we're still playing 3.5. I don't think Pathfinder is too different. I've only played it a few times and not for very long. In regards to the One Power though, the WoT book is quite different than a traditional magic system. I also used the spell point system from Unearthed Arcana.

• 3 weeks later...

There is an actual D20 version of a Wheel of Time RPG.  The book unfortunately is out of print.  As far as adapting Pathfinder rules to it, it's possible that it could work.  I'd have to think about it more before giving pointers.  What are your thoughts so far?

The Wheel of Time D20 game didn't really work.  It was fun, but the WOT universe was forced into the D20 format. 

If Wheel of Time is gonna get a proper RPG, it needs an original system tailored to it's universe. 

Archived