DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Pokemon Mafia III: The Treasure of Heart Island--GAME OVER--TOWN WIN

Aiel Heart

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chuckles you def made a great Cop. Kudos to you man.

Can't say that I'm too much a fan of the % NA roles. Made the game way too swingy. I see what you're saying about how play should be focused on the thread, but imo the vast majority of the time it is. Play on the thread leads people to use the NA's they have in a better manner. By putting percentages in there you're kinda making it so that even if someone makes the perfect choice for a NA, it could still easily fail and hurt their team a lot.

Even tho it made the game very swingy, the game was more balanced than I originally thought because of how the mafia NK % thing worked. Made it very difficult for town in the early going, but very difficult for mafia to win in endgame unless one team facerolled town.

Time to get my signups up now!

:biggrin:

I agree AH.

Did you post the QT's?

It was a blast!  Thank you so much for hosting this!

You're welcome and thanks for playing!

Chuckles you def made a great Cop. Kudos to you man.

Can't say that I'm too much a fan of the % NA roles. Made the game way too swingy. I see what you're saying about how play should be focused on the thread, but imo the vast majority of the time it is. Play on the thread leads people to use the NA's they have in a better manner. By putting percentages in there you're kinda making it so that even if someone makes the perfect choice for a NA, it could still easily fail and hurt their team a lot.

Even tho it made the game very swingy, the game was more balanced than I originally thought because of how the mafia NK % thing worked. Made it very difficult for town in the early going, but very difficult for mafia to win in endgame unless one team facerolled town.

Time to get my signups up now!

:biggrin:

Blaaaah :P

Don't forget your own Modding points AH :)

Great game!

Oh yeah...

But you were dead

I think I've stated it several times, under several similar circumstances and in several games.

I'm not revealing information once I'm hammered. That's all there is to it. Nothing more, nothing less.

I have a set of standards, let's call it "the spirit of the game" that I keep. If unsure about whether something is within the spirit of the rules, I will err on the side of caution.

In this case the situation is quite clear, actually. Once I'm hammered, I should consider myself dead and act accordingly. Clearly the one doing the hammer didn't want me to post anything more. Whether I speak up may or may not matter to them, but I shouldn't second-guess their intentions and whether I've got a chance to speak shouldn't depend on when the mod logs in next.

If the rules for the game state clearly that you shouldn't consider yourself dead until the mod says so, I will speak even when hammered, but otherwise I won't.

I think that's the right attitude concerning issues that aren't clarified in the rules. In my opinion, no ruleset can contain everything. If something isn't in the rule per se, I'll ask the moderator to clarify,, or use my judgment on it and make sure to act as honorable as possible. There are a lot of things that aren't stated in the rules. That doesn't mean I'm supposed to do them.

You never know the mechanics of the game though. You could be under a +1 situation without realizing it.  Sometimes there are roles or game mechanics that require +1 vote for the lynch to take place.  You aren't dead til the mod says you are. 

You never know the mechanics of the game though. You could be under a +1 situation without realizing it.  Sometimes there are roles or game mechanics that require +1 vote for the lynch to take place.  You aren't dead til the mod says you are.

I could be. That's what I meant by erring on the side of caution.

Plus you only went all weird emo after you were hammered. You provoked the alive players and hinted at a role. That's game play

I did no such thing.

I went emo (as usual, 50% real, 50% tactic) way before I got lynched. I wasn't pissed off about being lynched, I was pissed off because I saw the day was going to get wasted even though I tried my best to prevent that. Talking about how Maddy was scummy and my reveal was not very useful. I keep seeing this town mistake and it does piss me off. Not having competing trains, just do a lazy lynch on someone.

Just read back on that day. Reactions on me could have nailed several scum, if someone picked it up and started pressuring them. So yea there were some useful reactions, but it could have been much better if people actually started scumhunting and pressuring other players.

At that point I didn't even know that Maddy made zero posts day 2. Taking that into account, tunnel-lynching me was a really bad town play and I was right to call that out.

The emo was a last resort to try and get more reactions and some more play out of the day before I die. Also to try and wake up town (don't think I succeeded too much).

Now as for after my hammer.

Good luck. Random would have been better. Just saying.

That was somewhat of an exaggeration, but at that point I believed there were about 9-10 scum and 7-8 townie alive (I wasn't much off, mind you) and you did manage to lynch someone whose flip will give you absolutely no info. At that point I have read some of Maddy's posts and she was all over the place on D1 then missed D2 and my reactions on D3 couldn't have been much of a help. I also think that some of you have missed the fact that several teams mean maffia would not know if someone was town. So their reactions (except for possible teammates on a scum lynch) would be of limited value. Reactions on a vanilla townie could be null-tells.

No, that was not a hint that I had a role.

I explain some of the above here. Note that I give no info just try and chastize to wake up. No emo there, I wrote this with a 100% clear head. There's no point in going emo after dead, as there's nothing to gain from it.

Yea no time is a weak excuse. Stupid town players just keep skipping most of the game, do nothing then say "oh wtf only X hour sleft, now let's go lynch someone". That's not gameplay and surely not town play.

This day has shown most of the things that's wrong with maffia here.

You guys have wasted a full day on nothing. Even if I was maffia this day would have blown. Vote, sheep vote, meaningless arguments on how I acted when dropped into the middle of the game at night.

What sort of info will you get? Nill.

Unfortunately, I'm town so you can throw all Maddy's posts out the window and this whol day goes to waste.

Maybe I shouldn't have posted this at all, it's too much gamneplay after hammer.

I explained the PAFO's and the quotes were just lyrics from songs I found appropriate. Some fun chatter.

I was provoking no one. Unless you count that post I quoted above. I shouldn't have posted that.

The only one doing any provoking there was you, Dap. You kept provoking me. I was having none of that.

I got killed twice on N1 too. Turin got killed twice by Mafias and I got killed by a Mafias and a Town.

Don't know what you're talking about...

:unsure:

@Csarlami: Tbh man, your play in the game wasn't exactly my favorite mafia play ever. You do whine a lot when you get lynched, and that's coming from ME, Mr. Whiner. Fact is, a lot of people had legitimate reason to be suspicious of Maddy, and you subbed into a bad situation. And there doesn't ALWAYS have to be competing trains, if there's one player that's standing out to a lot of people, it's really best to just lynch that person and get it out of the way. You didn't come into the best of positions, but the way you handled it wasn't that great either.

That all being said, you do have a pretty good mind for mafia. I just think you should try not taking stuff too personally, it's advice that I myself have had to use before.

@Csarlami: Tbh man, your play in the game wasn't exactly my favorite mafia play ever. You do whine a lot when you get lynched, and that's coming from ME, Mr. Whiner. Fact is, a lot of people had legitimate reason to be suspicious of Maddy, and you subbed into a bad situation. And there doesn't ALWAYS have to be competing trains, if there's one player that's standing out to a lot of people, it's really best to just lynch that person and get it out of the way. You didn't come into the best of positions, but the way you handled it wasn't that great either.

That all being said, you do have a pretty good mind for mafia. I just think you should try not taking stuff too personally, it's advice that I myself have had to use before.

Enphasis by me.

Never.

That's lazy play and the road to disaster. Day is what town has, sacrificing a day is never worth it, not even for a scum (if you are right) and surely not for a town (if you are wrong).

Alright there Mr. Sole Arbiter :rolleyes:

I have seen MANY games where town was able to faceroll mafia without ever ONCE having a countertrain. Countertrains are nice, if the situation calls for it, but it def isn't a "waste of a day" if you lynch without one, I don't know where you got that idea, but it's wrong. You can get info from a scum lynch, from a town lynch, or even from a speedlynch. One of the only times a day is wasted is if no majority is reached and everyone is inactive. Otherwise, a good scumhunter will always be able to look for clues, hints, and evidence to help find scum.

In fact, countertrains can many times be unproductive. Sometimes it's hard enough to secure a lynch at all in some games, trying to push a countertrain can make that even more difficult. Plus, trying to find a good candidate for a countertrain can sometimes distract town from pressuring the person they SHOULD be trying to lynch. And lastly, countertrains can many times offer a scummie an easy opportunity to dance out of a noose: instead of having to convince everyone why they shouldn't be lynched in particular, they just have to convince enough people that one other person is scummier than them.

So yeah, Countertrains are NOT a necessity, and town isn't being lazy if there is a general consensus that one person reeks more than any other.

Like games where the theme was so strong that it won the game for the town alone?

Well, it definitely is a waste of the day to run someone up and do nothing else.

There were a few days wasted here that way, one of them being the day I was lynched.

So your reasoning is: because people are playing lazy anyway (hard enough to secure a lynch), we should just play even lazier. Nice argument.

If it's hard enough to secure a lynch, then there's a problem with the mod, there's a problem with the players or there's a problem with the rules. If it's hard enough to secure a lynch, then playing the whole game is a waste. Wait, I think I did say that somewhere.

I have the pessimistic attitude here?!

Is it a pessimistic attitude eo expect players to play?

No, you're the pessimistic one. You're saying "well, players won't be playing anyway, so let's base gameplay and strategies on people being lazy and inactive".

Archived