DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Just random speculation... may contain a slight spoiler...

Just another pawn

It's not a huge plot thing but as I was (re) reading CoT I got the distinct impression that Nicola had bonded Areina, without permission of course. Everyone keeps talking about how Nicola keeps trying to push ahead and do things she's not supposed to. Also, Areina wants to be Birgitte and I think she knows Birgitte is Elayne's Warder so it would make sense she wants to be one too. Also this quote reminded me of how Birgitte and Elayne mirror each other emotionally:

"Areina ran out of the tent after Nicola, the two women mirror images of disgruntlement and discontent." pg 430 Crossroads of Twilight

I'm not sure what impact it would or could have plot wise, I just thought it was interesting, discuss or discard at your pleasure :) .

Guest cwestervelt

Normally the weave for Bonding is only taught after someone is raised to Sisterhood. Elayne only knows it because she's nosy. If one of the "extra lessons" Nicola and Ariena blackmailed out of Myrelle and Nisao was how to bond a Warder it would be possible. Concerning how they were put down when found out though, Myrelle and Nisao would probably used that information to get some revenge by making an issue of it and forcing them to release it.

Normally the weave for Bonding is only taught after someone is raised to Sisterhood. Elayne only knows it because she's nosy. If one of the "extra lessons" Nicola and Ariena blackmailed out of Myrelle and Nisao was how to bond a Warder it would be possible. Concerning how they were put down when found out though' date=' Myrelle and Nisao would probably used that information to get some revenge by making an issue of it and forcing them to release it.[/quote']

Nicola is nosier than Elayne.

Archived