DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

June Discussion - Online/Offline

Davrick

Panchi stop it this instant! Don't let them use you like that! Believe me they wont like you more, and sorry but neither will they respect you.

You are more than a person to be used and abused.

maybe you can have better luck than i have, ive been trying for a while

its not a matter of luck, you know?

I feel emotions little strongly than usual so I avoid people and emotional situations. I feel their pain and it causes me pain and to take away that pain, I use not so good methods. I don't want to use those methods so I avoid the situations where someone is in pain but then people confront me that I don't help them when they feel low and gave me speech which leads to the same thing as being in that situation. I also end up hurt easily. For me rude is rude and I don't care if people say its their nature or they are joking. I avoid those people and usually they are popular and to avoid them, I end up avoiding everyone and welcome loneliness.

I don't communicate well. My voice is not heard so I would keep saying something but no one ever hears me. The only time people hear me is when they want my answer or I am explaining something to them(study related and important) or I am angry.

My likes are different from normal girls. I don't get the girly talk about boys or make up or tv shows which forms the bulk of talk so I avoid them. For that matter, those talks scare me. I don't like to read love stories as some of them. On the railway station bookstore, most girls were browsing through love stories or magazines and I bought a book on handwriting analysis. Of course, people think I am boring and studious and all.

All in all, I avoid people and people avoid me. I do the work which if not done would be bad for the group as a whole and people take advantage of me. I may help them but I have some principles which I won't break. I don't really develop strong friendship with anyone.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Panchi stop it this instant! Don't let them use you like that! Believe me they wont like you more, and sorry but neither will they respect you.

I feel emotions little strongly than usual so I avoid people and emotional situations. I feel their pain and it causes me pain and to take away that pain, I use not so good methods. I don't want to use those methods so I avoid the situations where someone is in pain but then people confront me that I don't help them when they feel low and gave me speech which leads to the same thing as being in that situation. I also end up hurt easily. For me rude is rude and I don't care if people say its their nature or they are joking. I avoid those people and usually they are popular and to avoid them, I end up avoiding everyone and welcome loneliness.

I don't communicate well. My voice is not heard so I would keep saying something but no one ever hears me. The only time people hear me is when they want my answer or I am explaining something to them(study related and important) or I am angry.

My likes are different from normal girls. I don't get the girly talk about boys or make up or tv shows which forms the bulk of talk so I avoid them. For that matter, those talks scare me. I don't like to read love stories as some of them. On the railway station bookstore, most girls were browsing through love stories or magazines and I bought a book on handwriting analysis. Of course, people think I am boring and studious and all.

All in all, I avoid people and people avoid me. I do the work which if not done would be bad for the group as a whole and people take advantage of me. I may help them but I have some principles which I won't break. I don't really develop strong friendship with anyone.

i know how you are pank, i really do, and you need to change, sometimes people need to pay the price of taking things for granted and a person should never be taken for granted, and as much as i hate saying it, it really is your fault, you should have stopped it before it got out of hand, if you say you're  not heard when you talk then scream, if you think you enjoy things which other girls than you'll find someone who shares your interests, but only if you actually try and look for that person, if not in school then in college, if not college than work, but life isnt as black and white as you think it to be, if i dont do it, then we as a group will fail (etc), that scenario has hundreds of ways it can unfold. 

This only comes with time. That's why it's angst. Very existential that *sigh*

It's the longest journey that never ends and take a lifetime.

The process of becoming.

I'm just mouthing truism and it's true for precisely that reason.

So don't think I'm being patronising...

nah dont worry, and i wont give up, i gave pank my word and i always keep my word.

:wink:

I feel for you Panchi. I really do. This reminds me of what it was like for me in high school. Not fitting in and feeling like a total nigel.

I was just lucky that I found other girls to connect with who felt the same way I do. They were studious and not interested in boys or love or magazines that talk  about relationship. Maybe it's the school I go to and the community which spawned girls like that whose mothers encouraged social development in their girls as opposed to obsessing about boys. We talked about horses,Shakespeare, poems and read each other stories. We changed our sport curriculam, how science were taught and the refusal to wear uniforms, and question the nature of conformaty. By the time year nine rolled around we were the leaders of the school and had attracted quite a sizable group. English, history, physic and biology classes were the platform of our self expression. I mean we actually jumped up on the table and shouted at each other our ideology and view points. We own the label nerd and weird and made it cool. I was encouraged to confront racist bullies and made it a point of awareness in school because I felt supported by my peers. Looking back now I felt blessed that despite the pain of growing up I also experienced moment of total belonging.

I found my best friend by writing her a letter proffessing my admiration and in front of the whole group we pledged our friendship, becoming first sister. She became my port in the storm as she is blonde and tall and attractive, therefore a good person to have as an ally, also a total utter horse loving nerd. We are still best friends to this day. So I hope you find someone like that soon who appreciate you for who you are and share your compassion and love of learning, not to mention your enormous intergrity. 

I do not know about others but, being on the internet is different to real life- but at the same time it is the same. Just because there is a screen between you and the other person does not mean you cannot get to know that person. Although the lack of face to face communication means the person can hide their real identity, either for justifiable reasons or questionable ones. I have met people who think they can be rude on the internet without repercussions, but after all they are merely names on a screen and can be ignored. That may be contradictory to what I said before, but if you do not want to know a person on the internet you do not have to, that ability is sorely limited in real life - unfortunately in real life you cannot make them disappear..

I feel for you Panchi. I really do. This reminds me of what it was like for me in high school. Not fitting in and feeling like a total nigel.

I was just lucky that I found other girls to connect with who felt the same way I do. They were studious and not interested in boys or love or magazines that talk  about relationship. Maybe it's the school I go to and the community which spawned girls like that whose mothers encouraged social development in their girls as opposed to obsessing about boys. We talked about horses,Shakespeare, poems and read each other stories. We changed our sport curriculam, how science were taught and the refusal to wear uniforms, and question the nature of conformaty. By the time year nine rolled around we were the leaders of the school and had attracted quite a sizable group. English, history, physic and biology classes were the platform of our self expression. I mean we actually jumped up on the table and shouted at each other our ideology and view points. We own the label nerd and weird and made it cool. I was encouraged to confront racist bullies and made it a point of awareness in school because I felt supported by my peers. Looking back now I felt blessed that despite the pain of growing up I also experienced moment of total belonging.

I found my best friend by writing her a letter proffessing my admiration and in front of the whole group we pledged our friendship, becoming first sister. She became my port in the storm as she is blonde and tall and attractive, therefore a good person to have as an ally, also a total utter horse loving nerd. We are still best friends to this day. So I hope you find someone like that soon who appreciate you for who you are and share your compassion and love of learning, not to mention your enormous intergrity. 

that's very cool

Cindy is right. DM gives me time away from RL. I can't really escape from my situation. I don't want to be seen as a victim. I am what I am also because of my own choices and attitudes. I may not like what I am but I know how to deal with it.

I would say that I act about the same.  One neat thing is that I actually met my husband online (WoW.  The only thing that threw him off is how high pitched my voice is, he thought I was much younger than I really am. :laugh: )   I consider my online friends to be true friends, and have met several before.  

I'm almost the same in RL and online. I'm a little bit shy with people I don't know well and talk a lot with friends both online and offline.

Maybe it's just a little bit easier to become more open online.

I don't actually divide the two worlds. I met lots of people I first met online in RL too. Some people I met in RL then moved online and I don't see them other then on forums or livejournal.

As soon as I begin to know people better online I want to meet them in person :happy:

And I'm always very careful to do and say online only those things I can say in person.

For me the only real difference between my online friends and my offline friends is a matter of distance.  In fact I see a lot more of my online friends more than my offline.  As for how I act,  I would say I act about the same.  I'm rather shy until you get to know me.  However in an online setting I'm a bit more open.

Archived