DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Always kept putting off joining.

Welcome to DM. I did much the same thing about two years ago. There are lots of places to go here.

Check out the book discussion groups and the social groups. I spend a lot of time in the White Tower and Warders Group. What made TSR your favorite?

I think it was because of the Rhunidein and encounters with the Finn, the dread at seeing the past and the Finn are probably the creepiest rendition of Elves I ever encountered. Also being able to see Perrin really come into his own through leading the defense of Emmonds Field. Finally I liked seeing Nynave huimilate Mogheien.

I agree the Finn are really creepy, that whole place with the hissing and stuff like that and enjoyed seeing Perrin doing what he needed to do even after what happened to his family.  Have you had a chance to look around here yet?  Anything that sticks out as interesting to you?

I haven't had time to get involved there but I did ask a veteran RPer and was told to create a biography for my character. Where has he/she been and where do I want them to go. I know biographies have to be submitted for approval. Hopefully someone will come along with more info or you can go to the RP section and ask questions.

In the rp you make up a character to play from any wot culture you like (the good guys, the bad guys, or anyone in between).

It is all written, and it all takes place in one world in roughly the same time as everyone else, but its not all co writing one mass story.

You write your character doing things and interacting with others, but it doesn't have to be cohesive or all to one mass goal.

You can write by yourself and have your character go on off on an adventure by themselves that you plan out. Or you can gather other people and a bunch of characters can travel.

I'm really bad at explaining this as whole as I'm never sure how broad to be vs how detailed. If you have any more questions about rp side check out the Welcome Inn board in the rp section (under the social groups) or ask me anything you want to know and I'll get you the answers you need.

I would suggest posting about this in the Wheel of Time in Other Media section (listed in the Wheel of Time Discussion heading on the main page, right under the Getting Started section this thread is in).

Though really we're all pretty nice here and don't usually bite, so if you post it somewhere its not gonna be well recieved you're more likely to get redirected to where it should go and a nice welcome to where you are. Go ahead and post around. 

Archived