DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What if Moraine had been made Queen of Cairhein?

How do you think this would have affected the series? If it were one of those alternate worlds? Would she have been a great queen? Overthrown? Grown hard but powerful like she feared? Would her and Siun still have been able to search for the Dragon? Moiraine said that even as a lord she would have done this with the resources she had; as Queen she would have had more. Or would the dark one have probably won had this occurred? 

I think if Moiraine had become Queen of Cairhien, Siuan would have needed to find some way to leave the Tower, even running away from her training with the head of Eyes and Ears.  Even if Moiraine would have had more resources as Queen, I don't think she could have really used this.  Particularly in Cairhien it would have been difficult to trust any subordinates with information, and she and Siuan were terrified Darkfriends would find out what they were looking for.  

I guess this would have resulted in Siuan finding Rand in the Two Rivers.  In some ways I think this might have worked out better.  I think Siuan's blunt and forthright manner would have been less antagonistic to Rand (and Perrin), and would have caused less issues in terms of all the Aes Sedai trust issues which developed.  Of course, then we don't know who would have ended up Amyrlin.  Probably not Elaida as her raising only occurred due to Siuan's actions as Amyrlin.  

Additionally, I think its fairly certain that Lan would have died in the Blight.

I really suspect Morraine would be dead, I just don't see her havng the proper cunning to run the Daes Damar in Cairhien, especially with Nobles using the fact she's Aes Sedai to rile up the common folks. I really elieve if she had become the Queen of Cairhien come this Alternative EOTW you'd hear about how Cairhien had just had their Aes Sedai queen "die in her sleep". Also no doubt on Lan dying in the blight.

Moiraine states she was trained to run the estate. In the book "New Spring" the Amyrlin at the time wanted Moiraine on the throne, that's why she left. Her purpose was to find the Dragon and bring the baby and his mother back to Tar Valon.

I don't recall Cairhien being particularly hostile to Aes Sedai like Tear is. However, they were recognized as experts in Daes Dae'mar.

I see Moiraine skilled at the Game Of Houses, in fact, it was she who educated Rand and was helping him play politics to gain armies and nations behind him prior to the last battle.

Rhienne, has it pinned down, I think. Siuan was forthright, where Moiraine was skilled in Daes Dae'mar. The whole story would have played out differently.

Archived