DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

I hate summers

Panchi

Ah so she's a true classicist then. Boroque means Bach, Vivaldi and mozart to me. It's funny because I thought she would be a folk musician.

Where the hell are ya was a tourism commercial that crash and burned. It was deemed too irreverent and crass to entice Americans to our shore. I was quite puzzled by this as where the bloody hell are you is commonly used over here. It's a friendly greeting. I heard that Americans are incredible polite in comparison to us Aussies. Maybe we're all yobboes in the eyes of the world :)

Ah, I'm sure she'd play some folk if you asked nicely. True eclectic I believe, but baroque was just the only word that I could remember.

I remember that campaign. It's not that we're too crass, it's that we have a different type of crass to the Yanks. Apparently in Denmark the F-bomb isn't as bad as sh--. Just depends where you are. Plus, the US is more religious than we are, so hell means more over there. And we are the bogans of the world, at least in their eyes! The only part that seems to get them is that we're proud of it!

Yeah with catch cry like Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi how could we fail to impress the world! We're also more yobboie/bogganie when we're overseas as well. I catch myself using words like crikey or she'll be right mate more often than I do over here.

I'm a true eclectic as well when it comes to music. It depends on my mood really. Maybe if I come to Brissie next time I'll be able to catch her playing.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am in sunny Buffalo, NY. yay me. lol

I love just about any type of music. Except for today's rap. It is just garbage.

Amadine is a manager for a pumping station. Pretty sure she doesn't have a second job but maybe.

Ah so she's a true classicist then. Boroque means Bach, Vivaldi and mozart to me. It's funny because I thought she would be a folk musician.

Where the hell are ya was a tourism commercial that crash and burned. It was deemed too irreverent and crass to entice Americans to our shore. I was quite puzzled by this as where the bloody hell are you is commonly used over here. It's a friendly greeting. I heard that Americans are incredible polite in comparison to us Aussies. Maybe we're all yobboes in the eyes of the world :)

Ah, I'm sure she'd play some folk if you asked nicely. True eclectic I believe, but baroque was just the only word that I could remember.

I remember that campaign. It's not that we're too crass, it's that we have a different type of crass to the Yanks. Apparently in Denmark the F-bomb isn't as bad as sh--. Just depends where you are. Plus, the US is more religious than we are, so hell means more over there. And we are the bogans of the world, at least in their eyes! The only part that seems to get them is that we're proud of it!

Yeah with catch cry like Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi how could we fail to impress the world! We're also more yobboie/bogganie when we're overseas as well. I catch myself using words like crikey or she'll be right mate more often than I do over here.

I'm a true eclectic as well when it comes to music. It depends on my mood really. Maybe if I come to Brissie next time I'll be able to catch her playing.

You'd have to be pretty lucky, I don't believe she plays all that many gigs. But I'm pretty sure she's got plans to busk, you you could do it without even realising!

Yeah, I'm really bad at picking one type of music to listen to. I'd much rather a crazy-ass mix of everything.

Our catch cry is awesome. I use mate more often than I realise....

And I have seen the sun rise over Byron Bay.

Had a bit of a freaky moment on the way back when I came across an open place in the grass with lots of blood and dead things scattered about.

:shudders:

Now i'm thinking of carnage and massacre in the grass

so totally not splendour in the grass, another music festival in Byron.

Sowhatreallyhappened?

Sunrise in byron is quite spectacular. Did you see it from the light house?

I am afraid of balls, all because of cricket. My brother woke me by throwing cricket balls at me for a month.

@Maddy- we have a facebook group for DMers if you are interested

Brothers are such pain aren't they. Mine used to gang up on me when we were kids. I got really cunning and use bamboo sticks to beat them both at once. Then they graduated to tackling me from behind

I'll have a think about FB...

I just sat on this rocky outcropping near the beach and watched it.

And then decided to take a short cut back instead of walking up the path. I came across a little clearing where the grass had been trampled down that was filled with the small torn up body parts of animals and birds.

Of course I did the logical thing and thought CROCODILES! And then panicked and froze, before eventually legging it through the middle like a swarm of bees was chasing me. It was an experience.

There was probably no crocodile.

yeah like when I say I live close to the beach I meant it's about half an hour away. Brissie is just down the road when it's about two hours away, four in my case.

I live half an hour away from anywhere else, so close is a matter of perspective

Australia is a huge island

Whenever there is a band on or, say, the local sporting team winning a grand final, it's always a case of 'popping' down to Sydney, in which case the pop is a 2 or 2 1/2 hour drive.

And 8 hour road trips to Melbourne are always fun. Can't say I've driven too far north of Bob's Farm, though. Which is an actual suburb a bit north of here. Bob's Farm.

Did a brewery tour there once. Not a bad day out at all.

It's very rare to meet someone who stayed in one place their whole life.

When you do meet them you think Why? there's so many places out there and spaces to explore

I like that we have a knob in the centre. Quite unique that

oi speak for yourself i have seen some ancient knobs in my time. Usually at nudist beach. And it's not what you think.

What is it about old people and nudist beach. You think to yourself some people really look good in clothes.

I'm talking about the Ulluru of course and how it needs some kind of protection as to prevent erosion*nod*

Quite an innocent and topographical subject...

that covers my tracks well..

stopit berf you gonna get me in trouble here..

Archived