DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Lord of the Rings Mafia [Advanced Mafia] Town Wins!!!!

RandA lThor

Why go after Darthe...I get that he could well be mafia, but there is a good chance he is telling the truth. Either way he is out there and we know. He slips up and we can see it. 

Nothing better to go on. Gotta get started somewhere.

@Darthe - I say 50/50 because your claim ups your chances of being mafia in disguise of miller. Best possible odds unless some mafia blunders. Still True. Also, what say you to 3rd party? Gollum much? 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why go after Darthe...I get that he could well be mafia, but there is a good chance he is telling the truth. Either way he is out there and we know. He slips up and we can see it. 

Nothing better to go on. Gotta get started somewhere.

@Darthe - I say 50/50 because your claim ups your chances of being mafia in disguise of miller. Best possible odds unless some mafia blunders. Still True. Also, what say you to 3rd party? Gollum much? 

Why do you ask this BG not like we can look at character claims and decide alegance based on that. Rand has prohibited us to claim characters

Ah, well, the opening post was a garbled mess when I saw it. And I wouldn't expect him to claim anyway. I'm just saying a third party miller claim would be a great fake claim even if he weren't mafia. 

sticks his head in   looks around   sees cloud causing chaos again.

Cloud  there would be 2 reasons why you got jumjped on. 1 is as Turin stated that you put in some casing. the second is that you put a multiple vote on someone in joke phase. I have seen that very action cause a lynch.

Cloud was clearly joking. People who tries to make a case out of it is on my scummy list. Dice is one of the first.

Mostly just at work. Has been hectic and my coworker had a little outburst the other day, just had 5 million things going wrong at once a bit ago.

Other than work, everything's pretty kosher. The Spurs stomped the Grizzlies in gae 1 of the western conference finals, so that made me pretty happy.

*puts on game hat*

Vote Cloud

It definitely didn't read like a joke vote AT ALL, and even in retrospect after he claimed it was a joke vote I just don't see any way that can be construed as lighthearted or silly, seems more opportunistic than anything. Furthermore, instead of ever trying to explain the "joke" behind the vote, he just posts some pseudo-emo posts questioning the validity of the "questioning joke votes" strategy, which is actually a pretty good strategy tbh, and it's also one of the best ways to kickstart a game.

I also REALLY didn't like this specific post:

except that it has worked in the past making your statement invalid

Sure, it may have worked in the past, but that doesn't mean that it's a good and consistent strategy to start a game with every time (@ finding scum by analyzing joke votes). I can't speak for everyone, but I doubt most people put much thought let alone strategy in to their joke votes, I certainly don't. 

This is the aforementioned "joke" vote copied from the Darthe game. Guess what Cloud? you were mafia then.

I know I was mafia that game, but the funny thing is that you were actually casing Mish because of her use of the joke vote, and she was Town. I have a fairly good memory and I can bring up the quotes if you don't believe me, but I would prefer to just focus on this game instead.

To the first part: The entire point of the attention on you right now has to do with others questioning the "jokiness" of your vote, as in they don't think it was a joke vote at all, so you saying you don't put much thought or strategy into joke votes is completely irrelevant.

The second looks like a subtle plea at removing meta from the game.

So so far you have decried the usefulness of questioning joke votes, and suggested focusing on this game only, which would pretty much exclude any meta arguments from the equation. Those are two tried and true bread and butter methods of catching scum buddy.

I'm also slightly wary of AH and Tina. AH's vote could be seen as a subtle attempt at distracting from Cloud's train picking up momentum, and Tina's first post of the game just seemed scummy to me. Explaining her "joke vote" in the same post, as well as providing an excuse for possible future inactivity? I know she'll say I always find her scummy but I think she might be worth looking into as well.

You always find me scummy! :p

Fos Despo for the "case" against Cloud.

Okay, so nobody bit on that.

I'm a miller.

If you are then it´s a good thing to claim right away.

AH why Basel, because I can't see how his comment is pinging for you. Nor why it is the best way to go. 

Cloud's businees looks like people trying to jump on something and nothing and then we bring in  other games. Probably mafia amongst all those involved. 

I don´t know why the Basel quote disappeared but he is one of my suspects because of the weak case on Cloud. I totally agreed with AH´s post. Talya thinks there are probably mafia among those voting for Cloud but yet she questions AH´s vote on Basel. Hm...

Vote Basel

@ Tina, What has that got to do with it, I didn't think much of her reasoning.

Ah, well, the opening post was a garbled mess when I saw it. And I wouldn't expect him to claim anyway. I'm just saying a third party miller claim would be a great fake claim even if he weren't mafia. 

He could well be, but I would rather go for Mafia than go for third party at this stage. There is another option for Miller (and a town one)...if you think about it you might get there. 

You do seem to be pushing hard on this. 

@ Tina, What has that got to do with it, I didn't think much of her reasoning.

He could well be, but I would rather go for Mafia than go for third party at this stage. There is another option for Miller (and a town one)...if you think about it you might get there. 

You do seem to be pushing hard on this. 

However you've been defending anyone that gets even the slightest heat. Why?

Sorry guys had to read the thread and yeah the opening was a mess for me too

I truly don't understand the "jump on cloud" thing everyone has going on.  He could very well be scum but this all started with a joke vote

There are some people overreacting BIG TIME

I don't understand why Darthe jumped out with a miller claim but in this case I agree with Talya, he can get caught up in that later

vote Basel  that's a perfect place for scum to jump on a pointless lynching and still not seem suspicious

Official Vote Count

Tina(1): Noli

EP(1): Talya

AH(1): WBK

WBK(2): Hally, Cloud

Cloud(4): RTE, Turin, Basel, Despo

Basel(3): AH, Tina, Tigs

Talya(1): EP

Darthe(2): BG, Darthe

Not Voting(9): Peace, Nya, Dap, Ley, Tiinker, Pank, Dice, Thorkin, Lessa

L-9

With 24 alive, it takes 13 to lynch

Deadline: Not set yet

Rand fix the opening post it bugs me...

I will ASAP

I don't understand the votes on me here. Especially this one.

Bah?!? Kronos is dead? Can't vote if your dead unless...

your undead :myrddraal:  :laugh:

The undead army fought on the side of the good guys. Are you saying that Kronos is town?

Ping

Ping? That's all you have to say, AH? Precisely how does this ping for you? I think that Cloud is scum. He made a fake joke vote, one that was meant to look like a joke but still managed to contain a case. Subtle planting of suspicion couched in a joke vote is pingy. As for my comment about the undead army, I thought Turin might be trying to drop a small hint on Kronos. So really, tell me, where is the ping?

No! I have to repost everything...so my thoughts so far:

By Cloud saying to Turin that analyzing joke votes is pathetic and will cause him to lose his grip on the game when those who have seen it used say it works. It's not pathetic if it works, I just think you're getting on a strong defense when someone just asks you how your vote is a joke. Personally, I don't see the joke.

Basel's vote soon after saying Cloud is overreacting. I'm just curious as to how you think there's a case in his vote when the only I see is the nonexistant one in his post.

Another thing that jumped out at me is EP's joking posts with the occasional serious post.

Right now, I think that Basel's vote was oppertunistic and trying to start a train on Cloud.

So Vote Basel

Btw, the spelling for colour in code should be both colour and color. Just saying.

I'm here

Turin's case is a good one

Vote Kronos

:P

Basel's vote soon after saying Cloud is overreacting. I'm just curious as to how you think there's a case in his vote when the only I see is the nonexistant one in his post.

Lessa: he wasn't making a case of his own, but he commented on Turin's case by saying it was a good one. In other words, he tried to pass it off as a joke vote while at the same time working serious thought into it. A real joke vote doesn't contain anything serious, it's just plain silly.

Wow this game stagnated fast... I do hope this isn't the norm for games now a days talya's defense of everyone that has gotten heat so far in this game is reasonably suspicious, I'm not liking it, I really hope this game picks up some momentum soon or this will be my last non DPR game on DM

Official Vote Count

Tina(1): Noli

EP(1): Talya

AH(1): WBK

WBK(2): Hally, Cloud

Cloud(4): RTE, Turin, Basel, Despo

Basel(4): AH, Tina, Tigs, Lessa

Talya(1): EP

Darthe(2): BG, Darthe

Not Voting(8): Peace, Nya, Dap, Ley, Tiinker, Pank, Dice, Thorkin

L-9

With 24 alive, it takes 13 to lynch

Deadline: Not set yet

Tina  I didnt jump on Cloud I explained some reasoning why others might have. 

So darthe if we lynch basel and he flips town are you volunteering to be next?

I'm volunteering to be first.  You should always either wholly believe millers or lynch them right off.  Waiting when you intend to kill them is plain foolishness.  BG is plain wrong on his statistics, but regardless that is the best info I have to go on.

With that said, this post pings a lot to me.  That says to me "If we lynch this person and they're town you're good with us killing you too?"  It's too directly manipulative.

Quick thoughts, I'll try to add more later on:

Darthe's Miller claim: I think BG was saying it's either you telling the truth and that you're a miller, or you're lying and most likely mafia, so it's sorta a 50/50 situation, assuming we can't trust or distrust you. I think you (Darthe) were jumping the gun a bit by saying he had the percentages wrong, when you knew what he was basically saying. That being said, I also don't like BG's idea of "just speedlynch Darthe cause losing a miller isn't as bad as losing a vanilla". While technically true, we really shouldn't speedlynch ANYONE day 1, as that removes chances to get mas info for the rest of the game. Day 1 is for info gathering. I realize he never said speedlynch, but his immediate vote and stated reasons kinda imply he'd be cool with that. So basically, I don't really wanna touch Darthe's early claim atm, and slight FOS on BG.

I really don't like this quick train that's building on Basel. His vote didn't really stand out that odd to me at all, and there were a few others who cast votes on Cloud that aren't getting any attention really. Might be an opportunistic mafia vote on his train. I also really like what he said recently bout the Cloud "joke vote". A joke vote is usually just silliness alone, don't usually see them reference someone else's case, unless they put "case" in joke quotation marks or something.

Strong FOS @ Dice for his "so if we lynch player X and they're town, you okay with being lynched the next day?" comment. Extremely manipulative and attempting to direct future lynches.

AH why Basel, because I can't see how his comment is pinging for you. Nor why it is the best way to go. 

Cloud's businees looks like people trying to jump on something and nothing and then we bring in  other games. Probably mafia amongst all those involved.

This however, is prob the strongest ping for me so far in the game (although I have been skimming somewhat due to time constraints). Underlined emphasis mine btw. Just a really really scummy line. Throwing out generic "some mafia are probably involved in this discussion" just reeks of trying to stir the pot while not clearly coming down on one side of a discussion.

Unvote, Vote Talya

Archived