DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Lord of the Rings Mafia [Advanced Mafia] Town Wins!!!!

RandA lThor

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had a stupid busy weekend at work and home. Extremely irritated and pissed off right now, Here, and catching up. If I don't get interrupted in the next few minutes I'll be able to catch up real quick and mebbe give some thoughts. Some angry, ranting, thoroughly frustrated thoughts.

Mostly just at work. Has been hectic and my coworker had a little outburst the other day, just had 5 million things going wrong at once a bit ago.

Other than work, everything's pretty kosher. The Spurs stomped the Grizzlies in gae 1 of the western conference finals, so that made me pretty happy.

*puts on game hat*

Vote Cloud

It definitely didn't read like a joke vote AT ALL, and even in retrospect after he claimed it was a joke vote I just don't see any way that can be construed as lighthearted or silly, seems more opportunistic than anything. Furthermore, instead of ever trying to explain the "joke" behind the vote, he just posts some pseudo-emo posts questioning the validity of the "questioning joke votes" strategy, which is actually a pretty good strategy tbh, and it's also one of the best ways to kickstart a game.

I also REALLY didn't like this specific post:

except that it has worked in the past making your statement invalid

Sure, it may have worked in the past, but that doesn't mean that it's a good and consistent strategy to start a game with every time (@ finding scum by analyzing joke votes). I can't speak for everyone, but I doubt most people put much thought let alone strategy in to their joke votes, I certainly don't. 

This is the aforementioned "joke" vote copied from the Darthe game. Guess what Cloud? you were mafia then.

I know I was mafia that game, but the funny thing is that you were actually casing Mish because of her use of the joke vote, and she was Town. I have a fairly good memory and I can bring up the quotes if you don't believe me, but I would prefer to just focus on this game instead.

To the first part: The entire point of the attention on you right now has to do with others questioning the "jokiness" of your vote, as in they don't think it was a joke vote at all, so you saying you don't put much thought or strategy into joke votes is completely irrelevant.

The second looks like a subtle plea at removing meta from the game.

So so far you have decried the usefulness of questioning joke votes, and suggested focusing on this game only, which would pretty much exclude any meta arguments from the equation. Those are two tried and true bread and butter methods of catching scum buddy.

I'm also slightly wary of AH and Tina. AH's vote could be seen as a subtle attempt at distracting from Cloud's train picking up momentum, and Tina's first post of the game just seemed scummy to me. Explaining her "joke vote" in the same post, as well as providing an excuse for possible future inactivity? I know she'll say I always find her scummy but I think she might be worth looking into as well.

Mostly just at work. Has been hectic and my coworker had a little outburst the other day, just had 5 million things going wrong at once a bit ago.

Other than work, everything's pretty kosher. The Spurs stomped the Grizzlies in gae 1 of the western conference finals, so that made me pretty happy.

*puts on game hat*

Vote Cloud

It definitely didn't read like a joke vote AT ALL, and even in retrospect after he claimed it was a joke vote I just don't see any way that can be construed as lighthearted or silly, seems more opportunistic than anything. Furthermore, instead of ever trying to explain the "joke" behind the vote, he just posts some pseudo-emo posts questioning the validity of the "questioning joke votes" strategy, which is actually a pretty good strategy tbh, and it's also one of the best ways to kickstart a game.

Ok so I will now explain the joke for everyone out here who didn't get it or keeps pretending to be oblivious for the sake of jumping on an easy lynch.

Bah

vote heart

Kronos tried to vote for Heart, but the colour of his previous post disapeared, so he votes for her again and now succesfully in bolded red. He comments with a 'bah'.

Bah?!? Kronos is dead? Can't vote if your dead unless...

your undead :myrddraal::laugh:

*headdesk*

Turin makes a joke that Kronos must be an undead because he posted 'bah' and is still alive and kicking.

I'm here

Turin's case is a good one

Vote Kronos

:P

I joke vote Kronos and mention that Turin has a good case on him (which is part of the joke). I end the post with a :P indicating that I wasn't being serious. 

Now that we have that out of the way, let us continue:

I also REALLY didn't like this specific post:

except that it has worked in the past making your statement invalid

Sure, it may have worked in the past, but that doesn't mean that it's a good and consistent strategy to start a game with every time (@ finding scum by analyzing joke votes). I can't speak for everyone, but I doubt most people put much thought let alone strategy in to their joke votes, I certainly don't. 

This is the aforementioned "joke" vote copied from the Darthe game. Guess what Cloud? you were mafia then.

I know I was mafia that game, but the funny thing is that you were actually casing Mish because of her use of the joke vote, and she was Town. I have a fairly good memory and I can bring up the quotes if you don't believe me, but I would prefer to just focus on this game instead.

To the first part: The entire point of the attention on you right now has to do with others questioning the "jokiness" of your vote, as in they don't think it was a joke vote at all, so you saying you don't put much thought or strategy into joke votes is completely irrelevant. If I didn't put any thought or strategy in to my joke vote then I see no reason why people don't just take it as a little joke; you guys instead try to bring it out of context.

The second looks like a subtle plea at removing meta from the game. I never said that I wanted to remove meta from this game. I only said that I would prefer to focus on this game instead of bringing up WoTs from a game that is already finished, because it wouldn't have anything to do with the current game other than showing Turin that he made the same joke vote case on a townie (Mish) in that game, instead of a mafia, and thus showing that it isn't as valid of a strategy as he thinks it is. Feel free to case me on my meta any time you like.

So so far you have decried the usefulness of questioning joke votes, and suggested focusing on this game only, which would pretty much exclude any meta arguments from the equation. Those are two tried and true bread and butter methods of catching scum buddy.

I'm also slightly wary of AH and Tina. AH's vote could be seen as a subtle attempt at distracting from Cloud's train picking up momentum, and Tina's first post of the game just seemed scummy to me. Explaining her "joke vote" in the same post, as well as providing an excuse for possible future inactivity? I know she'll say I always find her scummy but I think she might be worth looking into as well.

Ooooooo I hate it when the coding screws up like that!!! And it only ever seems to happen with long important posts >.>

Unvote

Souvra! :happy:

Vote WBK

The first vote on Kronos

I'm here

Turin's case is a good one

Vote Kronos

:P

The joke vote on Kronos that everyone is reacting so strongly about

My first LotR game too!

Vote Cloud. Scumbag. :wub:

First vote on cloud is a joke

Bah?!? Kronos is dead? Can't vote if your dead unless...

your undead :myrddraal:  :laugh:

The undead army fought on the side of the good guys. Are you saying that Kronos is town?

Ping

It's actually a null tell as the Nazgul were pretty undead as well. They would NOT be town here. But no Character claims anyway so is a moot point.

unvote. vote Cloud

That was awful

Turin acknowledges that post but doesn’t seem to think anything of it

Cloud seems to be overreacting a bit and getting defensive over just a couple of votes. Vote Cloud.

A few Cloud defensive posts later Basel becomes the third vote on Cloud

Going to jump forward to the end Des’ post for a moment

The part about me I could see as a substantial reason to suspect me (though it was just a joke vote upon coming into the game) but I find it interesting that you made note of my post but didn’t look at the Piano/peace/bit of Panchi fluffiness that occurred right before you entered the game and also could have served as a distraction.
I feel like you’re reaching with the Tina bit. We all “explain” our joke votes, and if someone has cloudflare often, that’s something good for all of us to know.

I’m not sure whether I’m getting a scum vibe from Cloud or a freaked out Town vibe. I'm going to give that a little more time to develop. 

And at this time, I feel the most can be gained through this: Vote Basel

That interaction will come back to haunt us. Mark my words

Haunt haunt

:laugh:

Edited by Panchi, 1000 years ago

WOAH (does not mention age does not mention age does not mention age)

On a more serious note however it's nice to see some people in this game like Despo, *high fives Despo for the Great Hunt game* also, this game is getting off on a fast start for a BT game not to mention a LotR game. One does not simply have time for a bit of fun and games at the start anymore I guess.

Heart and Despo both make valid points.

I would like to see what Cloud and Basel have to say after seeing the posts on them.

AH why Basel, because I can't see how his comment is pinging for you. Nor why it is the best way to go. 

Cloud's businees looks like people trying to jump on something and nothing and then we bring in  other games. Probably mafia amongst all those involved. 

Okay, so nobody bit on that.

I'm a miller.

What? Why would you say this this early in the game? What purpose is there to revealing this? If someone had even the slightest post of suspicion against you yeah sure reveal it, but why put yourself in that spot light?

AH why Basel, because I can't see how his comment is pinging for you. Nor why it is the best way to go. 

Cloud's businees looks like people trying to jump on something and nothing and then we bring in  other games. Probably mafia amongst all those involved. 

And so defending both, duely noted

When you are noting please also put down I like chocolate, milk chocolate not dark...thanks 

When you are noting please also put down I like chocolate, milk chocolate not dark...thanks 

and then shrugging off my suspicion, Talya is a good place to start looking in this game

Miller is essentially vanilla town that can't be vetted in any way.

Best possible day 1 lynch. 50/50 of being mafia. If town, then better loss than even vanilla. At least a vanilla can be vetted at some point by cops.

Vote Darthe

Best possible day 1 lynch. 50/50 of being mafia. If town, then better loss than even vanilla. At least a vanilla can be vetted at some point by cops.

Vote Darthe

I know what it is, but I just didn't see the reason for the reveal. He could have used it to get a consolidated vote closer to deadline if needed (obviously we don't have one yet) but just jumping right out and saying it serves no purpose

Wasn't directed at you EP. Just stating general facts for the sake of the game. Serves no purpose but to 1. Gauge reactions if town. 2. Get the WIFOM into the game asap to prevent a later lynch.  

Okay, so nobody bit on that.

I'm a miller.

What? Why would you say this this early in the game? What purpose is there to revealing this? If someone had even the slightest post of suspicion against you yeah sure reveal it, but why put yourself in that spot light?

Because I'm intelligent.  There are two ways to play miller, you either reveal very early D1 or you never reveal at all.  I have played the reveal early card every time before but this time I decided to hold off for a few pages and... no activity.  Thus, the reveal.  The only purpose of waiting would be for consolidation but that throws the town off its game.  Beyond that, not revealing at all runs the risk of me outing the cop.  Thus, the reveal.  /itisknown

Besides, I found mafia with it.

Vote Darthe

See?  Best possible day 1 lynch?  Not true.  50/50 of being mafia?  Not true.  It's statistically factual that I still only have a 25% chance of being mafia and we can all agree that lynching mafia is better than lynching a miller.  Thus, BG is scum that posted too quickly thinking he could wrap this day up easy.  To prove my point, Vote Darthe

Why go after Darthe...I get that he could well be mafia, but there is a good chance he is telling the truth. Either way he is out there and we know. He slips up and we can see it. 

well is that response to Darthe who voted himself or to Bg who voted Darthe?

Archived