DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Continuum?

Zanarky

Just wondering if anyone has watched Continuum? They're on season 2 right now. What are your thoughts?

I thought season 1 was really cool, but Season 2 is a little lacking. I think it's because we know all the characters at play, and the whole Liber8 thing is getting a little tiring for me, I'd rather see some wicked future tech, and have Kiera do more really badass things with her suit. I like the dynamic between Kiera and Alec, but I think the show needs to pull away from looking like a low budget Canadian cop drama and turn more towards a legitimate science fiction show. I'm hoping this season ends well.

I love Kiera and Carlos together as well. Seriously hope she brings him in on everything eventually.

The two factions in present day liber8 is interesting though I wish they'd stick to selling the anti-corporation message more (be one unit)

Season 2 so far is more about developing all the characters personalities - Alec growing up, Kiera becoming comfortable in present day

I watched Rachel Nicholls (Kiera) in the TV series The Inside with Adam Baldwin years ago & I can say her acting has improved immensely.

We have wicked future tech already, we just haven't seen everything it can do.  Watching Alec develop it will be pretty cool.  Could possibly go back to original Star Trek that introduced communicators based on upcoming cell phones.  I'd like to see another show go down this sort of path.

It is notable that as soon as Kagame is gone, the team falls apart.

Well that was kind of ranty of me.

No worries. I like the growth of Alec as a character. They have so much room for him as well due to the massive gap in time.

I am wondering if the death of Kagame and the split of Liber8 is too soon in the show? Seems like they really didn't do as much as they should have before that. Maybe they'll bring them back together, or maybe they're purposely trying to weed out the group? It will be interesting to see. Travis is a wicked character though. I like Kellogg as well because he seems like such a snake!

• Community Administrator

Just started the first episode. Terrorists taking down buildings...too soon? Feels like yesterday to me.

The shows Canadian. (I believe). And its been 12 years.. so umm not really.

If anything, its going to allow you to make a more personal connection with the cop lady and possible hatred with the bad guys.

Just started the first episode. Terrorists taking down buildings...too soon? Feels like yesterday to me.

The shows Canadian. (I believe). And its been 12 years.. so umm not really.

If anything, its going to allow you to make a more personal connection with the cop lady and possible hatred with the bad guys.

It's 12 years old?  And only the 1st season is on netflix?

• Community Administrator

I think SD was refering to the time it's been since the twin towers were attacked, in reference to your "too soon" comment.

Correct. 

Was on mobile so I had to make short-to-the-point comments. :wink:

Archived