DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

You'll never believe what.....

Talya

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tigs...great to see you, i'm doing fine! how about you, what have you been up to on your time away from the BT.

We had had a great sitcom based on the French resistance during the Second World War...same for this about the Germans...haha

Hogan's Heroes was a sitcom set in a POW camp in Germany in WW2. The Germans were portrayed as either not bright or cowardly or both. It was very funny.

My grandfather on my mom's side served in the Army stateside in WWII and refused to watch a single episode of Hogan's Heroes ever. He thought it was pretty offensive making comedy out of what the RL soldiers went through.

my family's navy men enjoyed the mockery and the lightening of a dark time, but... navy, so not in camps.

som of the camp survivors and their children in my school were offended and others... I guess thought it was a healthy way to laugh at something instead of crying.

Tigs...great to see you, i'm doing fine! how about you, what have you been up to on your time away from the BT.

We had had a great sitcom based on the French resistance during the Second World War...same for this about the Germans...haha

Work Work Work...

Allo allo?

That was funny.

Oooooooooooooh Rrrrrrrrene!

And hello Tigs, I don't think we've met.

*goes to find Welcome Thread*

Ithi?  is that the shortened version they use? lol

I've very pleased to meet you

wow!  there is that much age difference?

plus as people get older they mellow out some

like my mom with my boys...they get away with so much with her that she woulda jumped my case for

but she just says, "grand babies are different"

Archived