DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

After reading WoT for several hours, do you......

puddlejumper

Do you go to bed and start mumbling things in your head like you are reading WoT?

I, for one, start to have this new symptom, (we shall name it the Wot Syndrome) when i go to sleep, in my head, i will start reading something, not WoT of course, but something similiar, all made up in my head. like, "I turned to sleep on my left shoulder, irritated by the cold wind the tossing has brought in. No, it is not important right now...."

haha, I am hopeless. Just wondering if it has happened to others as well.

Right now I'm in CoT, so I'm trying to think as little about the boredom as I can. It's not going to well, I have to force myself to pick up the book and read it, let alone think about it when I lay down to go to sleep tonight. I think that if I did anything like that I would die from boredom in my sleep.

Do you go to bed and start mumbling things in your head like you are reading WoT?

I' date=' for one, start to have this new symptom, (we shall name it the Wot Syndrome) when i go to sleep, in my head, i will start reading something, not WoT of course, but something similiar, all made up in my head. like, "I turned to sleep on my left shoulder, irritated by the cold wind the tossing has brought in. No, it is not important right now...."

haha, I am hopeless. Just wondering if it has happened to others as well.[/quote']

were you reading from the male half of the series before it was cleansed?? :lol:

i've not had that happen to me, but sometimes, when i'm really into one of the books, i'll dream weird stuff obviously influenced by the story. and i really wish the OP was real...that would rock.

Right now I'm in CoT' date=' so I'm trying to think as little about the boredom as I can. It's not going to well, I have to force myself to pick up the book and read it, let alone think about it when I lay down to go to sleep tonight. I think that if I did anything like that I would die from boredom in my sleep.[/quote']

haha, I just finished that one yesterday and through most of the book I had to try really hard not to cry and cast it into the fireplace :lol: I heard it was the plot builder for a very interesting KoD, which I just started =]

I was rereading "Winters Warriors" by David Gemmel before I went to bed last night and had one of the most vivid dreams about trying to get of a town being over ran by demons.

As much as I read WoT i'm sure that I have had many WoT dreams but as I dont recall my dreams I cant say. I think this one stuck out because it was more of a nightmare than a dream.

I' date=' for one, start to have this new symptom, (we shall name it the Wot Syndrome) when i go to sleep, in my head, i will start reading something, not WoT of course, but something similiar, all made up in my head. like, "I turned to sleep on my left shoulder, irritated by the cold wind the tossing has brought in. No, it is not important right now...."

haha, I am hopeless. Just wondering if it has happened to others as well.[/quote']

No, after reading WoT I can't go to bed. I just keep on reading, it's so addictive.

Sob. :(

This didn't happen right after I was reading WoT' date=' but I have had several dreams in which I was able to fly, and I remember wondering in the dream if this is what Tel'aran'rhiod was like. It is very odd, because to this day, I still remember how it [i']felt[/i] physically to fly. Very odd, very vivid.

I had the same experience in a dream I had, except instead of flying I got shot in the head. I slowly fell to the ground, and before I lost consciousness(woke up) I felt what it was like, and it was very vivid as you say.

Guest Wynne Jessal

Sometimes when I'm on the edge of sleep, my thoughts will be like I'm reading a book. Instead of thinking "my toes are cold", my thoughts will say "She burrowed her toes in the blankets, seeking warmth" and on like that until I go to sleep. I think sometimes I have woken from dreams where I have recalled it all taking place with some narrator reading the book of my dream aloud while the dream plays on like a movie.

Usually this is one when my brain is really buzzed and full.

Guest Wynne Jessal
I had to give blood' date=' and I passed out, and All I remember was Nynaeve yelling at me and pulling her braid, then I came to. Weird.[/quote']

LOL... You're lucky. If you'd gotten her angrier and she thumped you, you'd wake up with bruises going "WTF!"

This didn't happen right after I was reading WoT' date=' but I have had several dreams in which I was able to fly, and I remember wondering in the dream if this is what Tel'aran'rhiod was like. It is very odd, because to this day, I still remember how it [i']felt[/i] physically to fly. Very odd, very vivid.

One of my favorite Neil Gaiman bits:

Rose: Freud says when you dream of flying, you're really dreaming about sex.

Dream: Than what does it mean when you dream about sex?

seee now... what happens to me whenever things start to happen in stories and bad guys start getting thier asses kicked or something cool happens i go into like super active mode and get that feeling like i havent been outside which i probably havent because i always have to read a new book in a sitting lol but i get that chill down my spine and sometimes let loose a yell :o not joking at all lol

yes thats right.. books sexually excite me O_o <--joke

********possible spoiler?********

idk if i can post stuff about the books here or not but my favorite parts to read for stuff like this is book 1 rand at queens and then at the end of book 2 heron fighters what? its quick but good mat kicking sword people ass with a staff :o perrin vs trollocs and the gay white cloaks? :o and those are just from the earlier books best parts for me started with rand then go perrin and now mat :O its where the excitement is at!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!

I once dreamt this really weird and long dream where me and everyone in the world really was in a world similar to the one in the books....details aren't really great but I remember there was a subway in one of the cities :P

I dream and think about these books a lot when I have been reading them for some time.

p.s. (not related to the books) but similar to symptons from to much reading.

not really proud of this but I remember once when I was reeeeeally drunk I was walking around and trying to do the shadow replication technique from Naruto, I remember that I was really frustrated that it didn't work since I hadn't used up all my chakra :shock: (see Naruto). I Had been watching Naruto Episodes a lot the weeks before that incident.

Archived