DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Elgee

Roll Call for May 2013 - ALL members please read the 1st post and take the Poll !

Choices!  

76 members have voted

1. 1. See scenario in opening post

• a) Free Channeler
    • b) Damane
    • c) Just Gentle/Stil me

Mirshann Uuranor - Gray Aes Sedai - Sitter

You lot are just jealous that the tangerines only talk to me. Nyaaaaah. :tongue:

Also, this thread has caused a certain song to roll around in my head with lyrics that go, "I don't care. I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me."

A giant cookie for whoever knows that song. :wink:

Is that the theme from Firefly???

Elaevia gets the giant cookie! :biggrin:

cookie.jpg

Sakaea, Aes Sedai of the Blue Ajah.

Free. NO one shall chain me.

Tay - Aes Sedai - Red Ajah

A for sure. Why change what's not broken? Madness suits me. *cackles*

Oh and sis *pokes Brid* that's my line!

I figure that's as plausible an endgame to free channeling madness as external destruction. Moreso.

Edited by cindy

Hiarthbeorn, Novice Errant

You forgot the "drinking the hemlock" option.

I did, yeah. I presumed that anyone who's signed up to be a Warder or Aes Sedai wouldn't be a quitter :P

We can discuss right here (I can use the counter thingy to check who all's posted, so it's ok :wink: )

Once you go crazy, it wouldn't be a gift, and you can serve the world in other ways after you are stilled--Suian and Leane proved that. Plus, if the Taint is lifted, we can just have Nyneave work her magic on us.

The only ones we've seen who survived stilling/gentling are Suian, Leane and Satelle. Out of how many hundreds or even thousands? How many of us would have the extraordinary strength of will AND reason for living that those 3 had?

I don't count Logain, as he was almost dead after just a few months, and only survived when he thought he was given a real chance at revenge.

Just saw this.  MWAHAHAAHAHAHA

Well we're assuming that we're Tower-trained people by this point, as those three were. The others who had been stilled were either a) people who had done horrible crimes (probably no reason to live after they failed to get away with it) or they were men who had been on their own (thus not trained to have the Tower as a backbone :P ). 

As I said before, gentle me, keep me from doing harm, let me find a happy life without the Power, and  once the Taint is lifted let Nyneave work her wonders :P

I'm way too much of a pyro to go down quietly! I'm going mad and taking the world with me! mwahahahahhaa

Besides, I'm Kin and we're all a little crazy, anyway. We figured it out, so it's all good! 

U4ea- Brown Aes Sedai

Kaylee- Initiate

Free channler toally. After all, most days I feel out of sync with sanity anyway :wink:

Damane all the way! Kathleen and I have had this same conversation lol. Dude, any pet owner knows there pets have it GOOD. If it's the acme of civilization what do I have to worry about? Don't have to work, have all my needs met, maybe get entered into some modeling contests. Hell, maybe I'll get lucky and be put out to stud! WHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Millon

Der'Manshima of the Cuen'deren.

Kwom Masag - Algai

B.  Some of the Damane even come to love their station.  After a while, you wouldn't know the difference.  Which may be somewhat frightening, but your other choices are dying mad or dying sad.