DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Roll Call for May 2013 - ALL members please read the 1st post and take the Poll !

Choices!  

76 members have voted

1. 1. See scenario in opening post

• a) Free Channeler
    • b) Damane
    • c) Just Gentle/Stil me

Arya Ellesméra, Aes Sedai - Green Ajah!

C for me. I wouldn't want to go mad and hurt/kill everyone around me, just like I wouldn't want to be leashed for centuries and still forced to hurt people. Much better option, for me, to be stilled, if not just killed. Do what's going to be best for the most amount of people and all!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bridmorgan - Green Aes Sedai

A.  As William Wallace said....."FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMM!!!!"

:wink:

*signs in*

Neeto is here - Warder

I would choose choice A. I would rather have my freedom and go crazy and die than be a damane or be gentled

Bridmorgan - Green Aes Sedai

A.  As William Wallace said....."FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMM!!!!"

:wink:

*cracks up laughing* I can hear you in my head saying that. *ggls*

Ulath Arturo Senexx Mosvani, Aes Sedai of Brown Ajah, Sitter of the Hall.

Will the Sul'dam treat me mean to keep me keen or can I befriend them as I would a regular friend or even as a pillow friend?

Ithillian - Aes Sedai - Blue Ajah

Is the price of the alleged freedom worth it? Doing exactly what you want means that one day you will destroy the world and all those you love. Is your freedom worth their loss?

Stilling? - hmmm no-one else dies but me. That's a viable option I guess. Can you choose when to be stilled? Like when the first bout of crazies takes you?

Becoming a Damane? We all have to do what other people tell us to already. We have to go to school or work, earn money, pay bills, stop at the red light etc. Hardly anyone is truly free. I could try and be clever and say I would fight it, or wait for times to change and then be free - but that's kind of cheating and not really an option.

All of the choices end up with people getting hurt. Definitely not Option A though.

Starrik- Manishma (I assume I'm allowed to say that....)

I would choose option A, on the proviso that as soon as I was in the slightest way mad, I was killed. Either that, or kill me to start off with. I'd rather die than a. hurt those I care about b. be chained or c. rot away.

The idea of the Seanchan repluses me, I can't stand them in the books.

Eternal Phoenix Der' Manshima thingy Cuen'd'eren (pronounced quin der rin) :P

I chose gentling, aint nothing gonna keep me down :P

That's the spirit!

And I'll update the OP (ok that just makes me think One Power) ... Opening Thread with some further clarification.

Mirshann Uuranor - Gray Aes Sedai - Sitter

You lot are just jealous that the tangerines only talk to me. Nyaaaaah. :tongue:

Also, this thread has caused a certain song to roll around in my head with lyrics that go, "I don't care. I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me."

A giant cookie for whoever knows that song. :wink:

Is that the theme from Firefly???

Masema - Manshima. 

I would rather be gentled. It's not worth going mad, or being chained over. 

Isaboe - Novice

A.  What the wheel wills....If I'm going to go mad, I'm going to do it in style!

Turin Turambar. Der. Me'A

Choosing D. None of the above...

The Great Lord will protect me. He doesn't really hold the reins all that tight. :laugh: