DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Roll Call for May 2013 - ALL members please read the 1st post and take the Poll !

Choices!  

76 members have voted

1. 1. See scenario in opening post

• a) Free Channeler
    • b) Damane
    • c) Just Gentle/Stil me

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WildTaltos ~ Aes Sedai ~ Red Ajah

A - my minnd is rotten acording to outsidres so wont maek much diference, and theres no honour in bein treted like a dog

Sorry for the double post, buuuuut

Would you not have the moral obligation to use your gift for the good of the world until such time as you go so crazy your friends have to give you a glass of "special" wine? Or even to allow yourself to be chained, in order to do said good? (Hoping that your "owners" will actually use you that way, and not for their own gain, of course.)

Don't do that unless you want responses!!! :P

Once you go crazy, it wouldn't be a gift, and you can serve the world in other ways after you are stilled--Suian and Leane proved that. Plus, if the Taint is lifted, we can just have Nyneave work her magic on us.

I would not trust my owners as far as I could drop kick them.

Maybe we should make a discussion thread? :P

Edited by Aiel Heart

Me. Highest. Red Ajah. (unless it's been pinkified again, in which case Pink Ajah).

Stilling. Put me in the Kin, they'll keep me alive long enough for Nynaeve to quit fooling around and cure the taint and stilling.

We can discuss right here (I can use the counter thingy to check who all's posted, so it's ok :wink: )

Once you go crazy, it wouldn't be a gift, and you can serve the world in other ways after you are stilled--Suian and Leane proved that. Plus, if the Taint is lifted, we can just have Nyneave work her magic on us.

The only ones we've seen who survived stilling/gentling are Suian, Leane and Satelle. Out of how many hundreds or even thousands? How many of us would have the extraordinary strength of will AND reason for living that those 3 had?

I don't count Logain, as he was almost dead after just a few months, and only survived when he thought he was given a real chance at revenge.

Rasheta Ardashir~Aes Sedai~Green Ajah

I chose A, I am not very good at being subservient to many people. *laughs* So a damne would be out. Stilling would probably make me kill myself. Sooooo A it is.

Kathleen - Aes Sedai - Bl--Green Ajah <.<

I'd probably go for A as long as I could, and have a back up ready for a way to stop me from going mad around people, but I know that's hard.

If I could somehow choose the Sul'dam I was paired with I may choose B....

Daruya - Aes Sedai - Blue Ajah

Still me.  We've seen in the books that stilling CAN be survived.  I don't want to go mad and I will not be collared.  Plus, if the source is ever cleansed (by one or more of the free madmen/madwomen), stilling can be reversed . . .  :biggrin:

Tamerya, Accepted

C... I have no wish to live chained like a dog.. and the rotting just doesn't seem to be appealing...

Volke - Der'Manshima - Cuen'Deren

Aiel Heart--Der'Manshima--Cuen'd'eren

The thought of people being treated as animals sickens me on very deep levels. I would never willingly choose that and would fight against it as hard as I could if it were forced upon me. I don't care if my "owner" would treat me well and I'd have all of these other nice things--I wouldn't have my free will, and I wouldn't be treated as a human being with a heart and concerns and needs and wants and dreams. I'd just be a tool; a pet. 

No.

Still me. I'd lose channelling and go crazy, but I wouldn't hurt anyone else. I've dealt with deep depression before and can do it again

What my Shar'Dar so aptly said :)

Verbal32 - Der'Manshima - Me'Arearth

A:  go big or go home

Elaevia Accepted of the Gray Ajah

I wonder if choosing to be stilled / gentles would increase your chances of survival at all, as you decided it was for the best?

Mirshann Uuranor - Gray Aes Sedai - Sitter

You lot are just jealous that the tangerines only talk to me. Nyaaaaah. :tongue:

Also, this thread has caused a certain song to roll around in my head with lyrics that go, "I don't care. I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me."
A giant cookie for whoever knows that song. :wink:

Edited by Mirshann Uuranor

AesSedaiGuy ... Accepted of the White Tower

This was a very hard choice. I went with pragmatism and chose C for mostly the reasons blank mentioned. :smile:

Plus I am SO morally opposed to slavery and subjugation, especially forced tyranny of the mind ... Damane would never be an option and I could never be one for any length of time.

Edited by AesSedaiGuy

Mashiara Sedai ~ Aes Sedai ~ White Ajah

B for me.  I know how pampered pooches can be, and at times I envy the lifestyle my dogs lead.  If the sul'dam will treat me like I treat my doggies, I'm all for it.