DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Approved WT Bio for Vivien Senette - CC'd by Flower Power!

Elilliane

Username: Vivien Senette

Handle at DM/WT: Lannie

Email: lannie@lannie.net

Physical Description: Vivien is a pretty young thing; she stands 5â€7 tall, has lightblond, thick hair that she usually wears in an interesting fashion (think coloured beads, tiny braids, etc), has full lips, high cheekbones and long-lashed lightblue eyes. Slender, athletic build; she has the kind of body that doesn\'t need much maintenance to look good

Place of birth: somewhere around the Caralain Grass & Andor

Character History: Vivien was born amidst a Tuatha\'an camp, to loving parents and a troupe of traveling Tinkers that were all as close to her as any family. She grew up amidst a slew of other kids and spent a happy youth playing with children, nurtured by her parents and the easy atmosphere in the group. She has a set of twin sisters, Tina and Tirase, that is two years younger than she is, but in all actuality she was a lot closer to her best friend, Berida – who they called Bibi. Bibi was only a week younger than Vivien – who was playfully called Vivi, and the two literally did everything together. They sat together at the evening campfires and listened to the stories, they studied together as Bibi\'s mother gave reading and writing lessons to the Tinker kids, and they shared their first kiss with the same boy on the same night.

She was sheltered from the outside world; when she would encounter violence in villages where they would camp, her parents would tell her that some people needed guidance, that they did not have the strength and patience to overcome heavy emotions. She drank in their words and followed the Path of the Leaf in the most innocent and truthful way possible. Always was she smiling, always was she peaceful and full of a genuine wish to make people feel better when they were down or sad. Vivien was the kind of person who would remember naming days and who would bake you pies when you felt down, she was the first to console children with skinned knees, and she was always the one to depend upon if there was something that needed to be done for you.

Vivien loved everyone, and pretty much everyone loved Vivien.

Until the day came that they camped near Tar Valon. Vivien loved the beauty of the White Tower, and the grace of the city. “Ogier-built,†her father told her. “Tar Valon is one of the most beautiful cities in the world,†he added, and Vivien was inclined to agree. She had artistic tendencies herself; she loved creating things out of nothing: pottery, painting, sculpting – she loved being busy with her hands and creating beauty. She wanted nothing more than to go into the city and see it\'s splendor for itself. Her father, however, wasn\'t about to let her go unchaperoned and forbade her to go.

Vivien couldn\'t wait, though. Her enthusiasm won over her normal obedience for her father, and as soon as their camp was all busy preparing dinner, she slipped out of camp and into the city. She walked around with eyes full of wonder, taking in the graceful lines of the buildings. Even in the smallest buildings there was beauty to be found. The sun was setting and the windows were lit with candles, and lampoons were hanging between roofs, lighting up alleyways and streets. The city seemed very safe and beautiful to Vivien and she couldn\'t quite understand why her father had not wanted her to venture out here on her own. Naturally, that was at the same moment that she realized that true night was falling over the city and that she was lost in a maze of streets and alleyways and she had no idea how to get back to camp.

“I feel so stupid,†she chided herself, looking around frantically for something she recognized. But it was all just as pretty and just as new to her, and she found herself completely, utterly lost when she rounded a corner and found everything unfamiliar. Looking up, she scanned the area for landmarks and then figured she might as well head for the biggest landmark she could find: the White Tower. It would be a starting point, and it was easy enough to find.

She walked through boulevards and wide streets, passed through dim alleys, and half an hour later she had finally found her way to the White Tower. She had heard stories about it, if course. The Aes Sedai dwelled here and did lots of mysterious things, things that had to do with power and... well, mystery. Or something. The place they lived in, though, was one of splendor. Vivien stood on the plaza before it and laid her hand in her neck, looking up and up to the top of it, white and glorious against a sky that was tinted with sunset. It was so beautiful!

“Child,†a female voice spoke close to her ear. Vivien started and whirled around. She was facing a regal-looking woman, clad in a gown of sapphire velvet.

“Hello Mistress,†Vivien said, curtesying quickly. Her parents had taught her manners, and this woman seemed to be a rich and powerful one. “What can I do for you?â€

“You are not a novice, are you?†The woman asked. She nearly demanded it, as if she completely expected Vivien to do whatever she wished. “You have the looks of a Tinker.â€

Vivien blinked in confusion. What did she want? “I... I am with the Tuatha\'an, my lady.â€

“I think you should be both,†the woman stated.

“Excuse me?â€

And with that, the woman just decided Vivien\'s future for her. “You\'re coming to the Mistress of Novices with me. I want you to be tested.â€

And Vivien went with her, mostly too confused to put up any objection, and also because she didn\'t feel like getting into conflict with the woman. The so-called Mistress of Novices gave her a jewelstone and told her to concentrate, and the next thing she knew was that she was going to be a novice, and that her family would be notified. And thus her fate was sealed.

• 4 years later...