DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Its an end

dahlia

I had flu for the last 2 days and cracked on with reading the last 3rd of AMoL. In the last few hours, I have observed an epic battle encompassing an entire world. Characters I have loved have died and had their hearts broken. Tam has set fire to his son's funeral pyre  :sad: and so many other emotive moments. I have cried so much. My high temperature has not shifted one bit :dry:

Overall I am in awe of what I have read, but also struggling to come to terms with an end to the turning of the wheel. What now?

Anyone else feeling bittersweet at the journey having finished?

• 3 weeks later...

I had mixed feelings about it too.  I was so ready for the end and tired of the waiting.......but at the same time I never wanted to be actually be over with altogether. 

I hate it that there are not going to be any outrigger novels or perhaps a follow-up trilogy of everyone settling back into their lives and what happens from here.  But I'd rather not have anymore books than random people picking up the story and adding on to the characters and their story. 

I had hoped the short story coming out this spring would be about something useful such as the characters we've all grown to love and care about.   Instead it's my understanding that it will be about Demandred and his time with the Sharans.  I'd rather see a prologue or extension of scenes we didn't see from the Last Battle.   Or even a prequel about the characters when they were younger like New Spring.  But I'll cherish the short story to come, the encyclopedia to be released, and all the fine memories of the best story and books I've ever read. 

I had mixed feelings about it too.  I was so ready for the end and tired of the waiting.......but at the same time I never wanted to be actually be over with altogether. 

I hate it that there are not going to be any outrigger novels or perhaps a follow-up trilogy of everyone settling back into their lives and what happens from here.  But I'd rather not have anymore books than random people picking up the story and adding on to the characters and their story. 

I had hoped the short story coming out this spring would be about something useful such as the characters we've all grown to love and care about.   Instead it's my understanding that it will be about Demandred and his time with the Sharans.  I'd rather see a prologue or extension of scenes we didn't see from the Last Battle.   Or even a prequel about the characters when they were younger like New Spring.  But I'll cherish the short story to come, the encyclopedia to be released, and all the fine memories of the best story and books I've ever read. 

Who knows really to be honest. A few years down the road we might get some. There probably are a lot of emotions with mrs jordan finishing this novel for her late husband. Time passes, she might be more amenable to allowing them. And if not we had a great series regardless.

I felt pretty down in the dumps after being done the series. I really love how it ended. I'm sure like many others, I want to know what became of Mat and Perrin, and what the future held for Rand's children. Still, It was a good feeling. I felt like after reading 14 books without stopping, I had accomplished something pretty amazing.

I had flu for the last 2 days and cracked on with reading the last 3rd of AMoL. In the last few hours, I have observed an epic battle encompassing an entire world. Characters I have loved have died and had their hearts broken. Tam has set fire to his son's funeral pyre  :sad: and so many other emotive moments. I have cried so much. My high temperature has not shifted one bit :dry:

Overall I am in awe of what I have read, but also struggling to come to terms with an end to the turning of the wheel. What now?

Anyone else feeling bittersweet at the journey having finished?

I just finished after about 20+ years of reading it.  Very bitter sweat.  

Archived