DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A Mission of Purpose (Open RP)

Eqwina

I can scarcely believe that it has been a year since I have been able to look in your eyes. Many of my Sisters begin to wonder at my sanity in letting you 'off leash' for so long. While I agree with them that you need to be brought back and taught your place, I cannot help but wonder if you are not better off where you are. Your work there is important, and while my heart is broken I still believe in the reasons that I sent you home.

It is conflicting to be both a woman and an Aes Sedai, so often my heart must take a back seat to the life we have...

There was a timid knock at her door. Careful Kabria sanded the page and put her pen back in her writing case. She would finish her letter to Perivar another time. "Enter! She had written him every week of his absence, though she had only ever had two of the letters delivered. Reliable messengers were hard to come by, and pigeons could too easily be intercepted. Kabria was too private a person to chance the pouring out of her heart to be read by a person other than Perivar. The unsent letters rested in a cubby built in to the back of her armoire. Someday, if Perivar ever returned she would let him read the misery she lived with him away.

"Yes, Anella?" The young novice was carrying two letters on a tray with the tea Kabria had sent to the kitchens for. "These came for you Kabria Sedai, and I was asked to bring them with the tea." As soon as she had set the tray down, Anella gave a very proper curtsy before taking her leave. Like most awe struck young novices she was anxious to get to her next lesson in which she got to attempt to touch the One Power.

Smiling fondly Kabria embraced the Source and used a thin slice of air to spilt open the first letter. It was a childish use of Saidar, but one that she was pleased to be able to enjoy.

My dearest Kabria........... Seeing that her first letter had come from Perivar, she set it aside. Matters of the heart would have to come second, plus she wished to read it when she knew she knew she would not be interrupted.

Grudgingly and with reluctance Kabria released Saidar and picked up her letter opener. The second letter contained no endearing opening salutation, but its contents lightened her heart even more than Perivar's letter could have. Breaking her reserved Aes Sedai exterior Kabria stomped her feet in excitement and laughed. So, few things had made her truly smile and even fewer had made her laugh in the absence of her Warder. Catching a glimpse of her capering frame in one of her wall mirrors, Kabria laughed even harder. Her dark green silk dress had become wrinkled and the small jeweled swords in her hair had created a tangled nest. The chance to travel closer to Perivar was not one that Kabria would ever pass up.

It took several minutes of hard work with a comb and some help from Saidar to return Kabria to her usual Aes Sedai grace. When she was satisfied that she looked presentable and had more control over her emotions she returned to her desk to begin making plans.

A woman impersonating an Aes Sedai was no laughing matter. The fact that the woman had been claiming to be a member of the Green Ajah is why the matter had fallen to Kabria's Ajah. This poor woman would never even consider claiming the title again once the Green Ajah was through with her. They were always very rough on anyone who claimed the rights of the Battle Ajah without the training.

The reports included with her letter were not clear on if the woman could actually channel or not, but it was reported that she had a serpent ring and had even managed to gain access to a few of Shienar's noble houses. It had been one of the older ladies maids who first had suspicions of the validity of the 'Aes Sedai's' claims. The older woman had come to the Tower as a young girl, but was sent away when it was discovered that she did not have the ability to learn.

Setting the reports aside Kabria got up and began to pace slowly. There was so much to consider about this task. If the woman could channel there was no question that she would have to return to the Tower for punishment, but what if she only had the ability to learn? Now that the Tower had begun accepting older Novices Kabria hated to let another potential Aes Sedai run free. The woman obviously wanted to be an Aes Sedai, so why not give her a chance? In the end it would not be solely Kabria's decision to make. There were too many questions to be asked once they had the imposter in custody.

Knowing that no decision could be made pacing in her rooms Kabria quickly grabbed her cloak and set out to make the necessary arrangements. She would need supplies and at least one of the Tower Guards to accompany her. Perhaps one or two of her Sister's would attend as well.

Kabria Delondre

Aes Sedai of the Green Ajah

Coraman stepped in front of the door of Kabria Sedai's quarters as indicated in her orders, scarcely believing her misfortune. She had always wanted to join expeditions out into the world but it never occurred to her that Aes Sedai would be members of the party. Despite her recent encounters with Aes Sedai, she still could not get over her fear of the women channelers. The memory of the very first Aes Sedai she met had scarred her beyond repair. Even though her peers had tried to convince her that not all Aes Sedai were hard, cold, vengeful, and spiteful; they still had a measure of power that they could extinguish a life without a second thought.

She let out a sigh and glanced at the parchment in her hand, detailing the expedition and expectations set forth. She didn't know if any other Tower Guards will be accompanying her but her Lieutenant advised her to approach a Kabria Sedai of the Green Ajah to offer any further assistance gathering supplies and finalizing arrangements. And now here she was, before the Aes Sedai's door. The trip from the Warders Yard was uneventful, thankfully, and the directions were pretty straight forward so she didn't have to ask any women channelers for further directions.

She glanced back at the door and prayed to the Light and Creator that the Aes Sedai wouldn't be there. Please please please please. I'll do anything you ask. With a deep breath expelled, she knocked on the door tentatively.

In all the stories grand adventures began with a flurry of activity, and hasty departures in the middle of the night. Most often life was entirely different; it took time to make plans and gather supplies. Every i had to be dotted and every t had to be crossed before Kabria could depart, and it was proving to take longer than she had first hoped.

It had been two days since she had been assigned this task and she was itching to leave. Every hour of delay rankled, but even in her haste to be closer to Perivar she would not skirt the details. Presently she was reading over a list of supplies that had already been gathered, and she was waiting to be summoned to go and approve the pack horse she was being loaned. Having spent much of her youth on a boat it had taken Kabria many years to become comfortable on a horse, but now that she had become a skilled rider she was growing particular about her horses. She’d been forced to purchase a new horse recently, and it had taken her weeks before she had finally decided on Chalinda.

Yesterday evening Kabria had sent the fastest messenger she could find North, with a letter for Perivar. She knew that he would not be happy about her traveling to the Borderlands without him, but she had assured him that she would not be alone. She'd spoken to the Master at Arms about sending her a Tower Guard, but she had yet to meet the young man who would be accompanying her. Pacing the length of her desk and back Kabria waited. She felt like a juggler with too many hoops in the air and no control over where they would fall. Her green skirts swished and rustled and she was muttering to herself when there was a timid knock at the door.

" Finally! Kabria muttered and rushed across the room to open the door. What she saw was not at all what she expected. It was a young woman standing before her, and unless Kabria was wrong the young girl looked suspiciously like she was going to throw up or perhaps faint.

"Good day, Guard. Enter, enter! Hustling the young woman into the room Kabria shut the door firmly behind her. "Do you have a message for me? Or were you sent by the Master at Arms?

The door swung open with such force, Coraman almost jumped. The Aes Sedai before her had a look of surprise in her eyes which quickly went away as she found herself ushered into the quarters. She fought against the increasing feeling of helpless entrapment. "Do you have a message for me? Or were you sent by the Master at Arms?"

Coraman bowed and kept her eyes averted, "I-I-I," she stopped and cleared her throat, blushing furiously, "I was sent by the Master at Arms to accompany you on your trip, Aes Sedai." Light, how was she going to survive this trip?! She'd much rather face a horde of Trollocs by herself. No, that was an understantment. She'd much rather the Dark One himself than to be in this predicament. 

She glanced at Kabria and made eye contact, a chill ran down her spine and goosebumps rose on her skin. Her next words came out in a rush, "My instructions are to offer assistance for anything that remains to be taken care of before our departure and to inquire as to any specific supplies that I need to bring." Oh, Light. I'm doomed. "Aes Sedai."

Coraman very much wanted to throw up at that very moment.

ooc: I had this entire post written and thought I had posted it last week. :( The bad thing is I was on my iPad and I guess I never actually hit post and so when I turned it back on today (it had died) the whole post was gone!!! :(

Kabria had spent too many years feeling uncomfortable in her own skin to not recognize the signs of fear in others. She felt bad for the young woman, but if she intended to be a Warder someday or even continue as a Tower Guard she would have to learn to swallow her fear around Aes Sedai.

"And do you have a name? If we are going to be traveling together I shall have to call you something. Or shall I just call you my little rabbit, or perhaps my little duckling.... or maybe just Guard?" Giving a slight smile Kabria waited to see if the young woman would respond or if she would just turn and run.

Becomming an Aes Sedai had taught Kabria many things, but perhaps the most important lesson she had learned was how to love herself. She had spent too many years shut in her own world, alone with her books to be comfortable allowing another to take the same path. When she was in the Tower and not out traveling Kabria took a special interest in young women with excessive fears. She'd had some successes using a variety of methods, but she found the most effective method to be simply making them face their fear again and again and again until they no longer felt the fear. It could be a harsh method if the student was weak, but the White Tower tended to weed out those that are too weak early.  

Of course teaching this young guard would have to come third behind finding the woman pretending to be Aes Sedai and reuniting with Perivar, but perhaps it would provide a welcome distraction during her journey.

Crossing the room with a slight smile, Kabria laid a hand on the young girls shoulder.. "So my little rabbit, what shall I call you?

Kabria Delondre

Having a little fun

ooc: ouch! that definitely sucks!

Coraman tried to turn and run when Kabria Sedai a hand on her shoulder but her feet refused to move. She realized she was paralyzed with fear, especially now that the Aes Sedai was calling her my little rabbit. The look in the other woman's eyes made her feel as if she was prey staring into the eyes of a predator.

Her mind raced with all of the possibilities of how she could get out of this assignment but she knew that Master Kilrin and her Lieutenant would not look favorably towards her cowardice. That and Coraman knew that Kabria would spread the word amongst other Aes Sedai that she was not Warder material.

She would never know the honor of a bond, of serving an Aes Sedai, to die before her Aes Sedai would ever die. That thought broke the paralysis. The fear coursed through the Spring still but Coraman regained the strength, "I'm Coraman Kera, Aes Sedai." She blushed furiously and cursed herself for how weak her voice sounded.

Cora very much wanted to step out of Kabria's reach but she didn't know how the other woman would take it. If she was offended or hurt, nothing would stop her from informing the Master at Arms to find another Tower Guard. She could not even imagine the shame and humiliation that would come from that.

"I am yours to command, Aes Sedai."

OOC: Okay Taia's coming! *laughs* I'm busy with Rasheta so your stuck with flame hair. *G* Sorry my post will be kind of long since I have to play catch up, apologies. *G*

IC: Taia made her way through the tower wearing her shawl and trying not to be annoyed with everyone in sight. It wasn't their fault she was having a bad day. She always had bad days when she had to train anyone younger then 70, not that she trained any of the Aes Sedai, that would be ludicrous, but she couldn't stand anyone too young. Novices made her want to throw things, mainly them, out windows. She sighed and continued her fast pace toward her rooms in the Green halls, maybe she'd just stay there and pretend not to be in if anyone knocked. That seemed to be the best chance she had of staying sane. She wished she could visit Mia over in the Blue, but her sister of the heart was currently gone on a long tour of the Boarderlands, and possibly down to Arad Doman and who knew where else. She would be gone for a year at least maybe longer. Taia sighed she missed Mia, that was the way of the tower though, friends came and went. She was surprised out of her reverie by Kabria nearly running past her. Taia hadn't seen a sister move that fast unless they were summoned to the Amrylin. She turned and watched Kabria go and noticed she wasn't walking toward the Amrylin's study. "Curious" Taia thought but carried on to her rooms.

Taia had heard Kabria was trying to leave the tower it was curiouser and curiouser, after two days a young Tower Guard was standing at the door to Kabria's room. The girl looked terrified. Taia shook her head and went back to her book for a moment, but then thought better of it she was too curious about the Tower Guard she was going to go and knock on Kabria's door when someone tapped her on the shoulder. Taia turned to see the Ajah head standing behind her smiling. Taia nodded her head at her, "Yes?" She asked with a tone of respect. The other woman raised an eyebrow at her but did nothing else. She responded

"You should go and talk to Kabria about her trip I would like you to accompany her with your warder if you think he's ready." Taia winced, she wasn't sure if he'd want to leave the tower again after the last time but she would ask Reki what he wanted to do. Either that or she would just order him to stay and get one of the Guard to tie him up till she was long gone. She nodded again to her Head and walked over to Kabria's room. As she did she noticed Rasheta's little protege walking toward her as well. She nodded cooly "Kathleen" she added, when Kathleen stopped before the door. Taia inwardly sighed, it would be just like the Ajah head to send someone with Taia who Taia didn't know if she would like. Outwardly she just knocked on the door and said, "This should be interesting."

Taia Misna

Kathleen sat in her chair by the fire finishing the last pages of a good book. It was a rare moment of peace around the Tower where she didn't have anything more pressing to do. It had been a while since she had last picked up this volume and she had been anticipating reaching the end for days, but something always seemed to distract her before she could pick it up. 

With only one page in and a knock at her door, this time was no different. "One moment." she called, reaching for the chain bookmark she had laid on the table beside her. She reluctantly set the novel aside and took one longing glance at her flashing fire. So much for relaxing. She absently glanced around her room as she made her way to the door, to be sure it was in good order. She knew it was in perfect condition for a drop in visitor. It always was, she made sure of that. 

"Amena," she welcomed as she pulled the door open, "how good to see you. Do come in." She stepped back to leave a clear path for the head to enter, but Amena declined. She was asked to think about joining a few of her sisters on their travels, if she was could free herself up for it. She was told not to think on it long, as they were meant to be leaving soon, and to make contact with Kabria when she had an answer. Kathleen knew the asking was little more than pleasantries and so wasted no time in nodding respectfully to her head and stepping into the hall to being making arrangements to leave. 

She made her way to Kabria's room to find out the details, but there was no reply to her knock. The woman had been in and out all day, and there was nothing else to do but set off to prepare what she could and try to speak to Kabria again later.

She made her way to the training grounds where she found Nevuel tangled in the arms of a new tower guard as they tried to bring each other to the ground in their sparring. Kathleen watched the two circle and slip from each other's holds just to get caught in another. She tried to calm her thoughts of rushing, surely they had time to let him finish the fight. The woman had been spent days running around readying herself to go, surely she would wait a few moments for Kathleen to be ready. Perhaps she didn't hide her desire to rush enough, as Nevuel suddenly shifted his weight and his tactic, and took the second of confusion in the other man to bring him to the ground. She couldn't hear what he said as he helped the man back to his feet, but as soon as he was up Nevuel came to her side. Kathleen told him all she knew and sent him to make his own arrangements to leave. 

She then headed back to the Green halls to see if Kabria had returned. As she entered the hall Amena was finishing a conversation with Taia. As Kathleen neared Taia reached Kabria's door. Kathleen thought to leave Taia to speak alone with the woman, but it seemed clear that she had the same message from the head. If not, she would simply inform Kabria she wished to speak with her at her earliest convince  and she'd leave Taia to her own agenda.

"Hello, Taia." Kathleen greeted with a smile as she joined her at the door.

"Kathleen," Taia replied with a nod before turning to knock. "This should be interesting." 

Kathleen simply nodded in reply as they waited at the door. Traveling with Taia and Kabria, two woman Kathleen had very little interaction with, would be very interesting indeed. She had no idea what these woman's personalities were truly like. How one acts in the Tower is not always how they stay under the stress of travel. And surely if this journey required three Aes Sedai it was setting up to be a stressful one at the best of times.

Kathleen Vandiar

OOC: Not sure the timeline on this one, is Amena the Head yet or should I change the name?