>> Your Handle : Elaevia
>> Full names of WT characters you already own and their status
>> (active/retired/dead): none

>>
>> Character Information
>> Name (first and last) of this character: Saelia Triana
>> State whether this is a Traditional or a Salidar character: Traditional
>> Age of this character * (Traditional = 14-19 / Salidar = 20-70): 19
>> (* Returning / Full AS character: age in main time line)
>> Name of country where this character is from: Andor
>>
>> Appearance
>> Hair: chestnut brown
>> Eyes: hazel,
>> Skin: fair
>> Height: 5ft 6
>> Voice (low? high? any other characteristics? ie what does she sound like): soft and gentle unless angry
>> Other:
>>
>> Optional
>> Special Skills: In her family Saelia was the only one of her siblings who liked writing, so was encouraged to improve her calligraphy by her family. She takes pride in her clear and elegant writing, and finds great satisfaction in completing work without errors. She was asked to do a lot of work for others before she went to the Tower, writing letter, copying important documents etc, and has found she can imitate others writing almost flawlessly.
>> Knowledge Weakness: Saelia is very practical and is very capable on a day to day basis, but knows very little about history or politics that did not affect her village itself.
>> Physical Weakness: Saelai has good skills for fine penmanship and needlework, but is not very strong and would be unable to defend herself in a physical confrontation, and has no se
F defence skills
>> Personality weakness:
>>
>> Personality she is caring for her friends and family, but has very little tolerance for those who are disloyal. She is very concerned about appropriateness, showing respect and behaving properly in formal situations, Her opinion of when this decorum is required can differ to every one else's, which leads her to either unintentionally insulting people, or making her seem priggish. She thinks of others constantly, which has lead to her being unhappy in the past, but is now determined to pursue her own dreams. When amongst friends she is quick to joke and enjoys sharing long stories, which she will often write down afterwards.
>>
>> History
>
> Saelia had spent all of her nineteen years in her home village in the north of Andor. The eldest of five children she was used to caring for other, having taught her sisters to sew, her brothers to polish their boots, and all of them to write. She was used to responsibility, taking care of the home and her siblings for the last ten years. Her father was a peddler and seldom at home, her mother was a seamstress who had her own shop, so most day to day tasks were done by Saelia. She was so proud when the eldest of the younger ones became an apprentice to the carpenter two villages over. Proud that he was making his own life, but a little jealous as well. Saelia could see her life layed out in front of her: She would stay at home untill her littlest brother was of age, then find a husband and start a family of her own.
>
> She was at the market that day, musing on her future. It was to be a safe future, but she didn't look forward to it. She couldn't put her finger on it, but she felt dissatisfied with the prospect of a safe home and a safe future. Perhaps she would follow in her mothers footstep? No, she would not enjoy sewing all day. Could she help support her future family with her penmanship, she wandered? She was so deep in thought that when she finished her purchase she turned around too quickly, and bumped in to someone quickly striding through the market.
>
> 'I'm so sorry, I should look where I'm going.... My Lady' she finished, noting the silk dress and fine woollen cloak the women she had jostled wore.
>
> The woman gave her a piercing glance, one that pinned Saelia where she stood, and went to move on. She stopped however, and her gaze became more considering.
>
> 'Your name.' the woman said. It was no question, from the tone it was clear that she expected to be answered.
>
> 'Saelia, my Lady, and I am so sorry...' 'Come with me' the woman said, cutting off her stammered apology and moving off once more.
>
> Saelia followed, confused and slightly worried. The village wasn't a main route to anywhere, though there were always travellers here, if seldom dressed so finely, and never interested in village girls.
>
> They arrived at the village inn: the women swept in and headed straight for the private dining room, gesturing for her to follow quickly. Standing before the fireplace, without even removing her cloak, the woman gave her instructions.
>
> 'Put your basket down, and look into this jewel' she said, pulling a red stone on a golden chain from her belt pouch. 'Look at the stone, concentrate, think of nothing but the stone'. Respectful of the woman in silk she did as she was told, concentrating in the stone hanging from the delicate chain. After a while the woman told her to stop, asking 'what did you feel?'
>
> Slightly dazed Saeia replied 'Feel, my Lady? Nothing. Well, the jewel seemed to flicker, and I felt a bit strange, but I don't really know what's going on'.
>
> 'I am Aes Sedai' the woman said. 'and you can learn to channel. I am staying here tonight and leaving in the morning for Tar Valon. If you wish to learn to wield the One Power and study in the Tower you will be here ready to travel an hour after sunrise. Now leave me, I still have much to do.'
>
> Stunned, Saelia picked up her basket of vegetables and made for the door.
>
> 'Saelia,' the Aes Sedai said 'I know this is a shock, but please consider well what I said. You won't find all Aes Sedai as... abrupt as I am' she finished, with just a hint if a smile showing in her eyes.
>
> 'I will consider it Aes Sedai' Saelia replied, giving a shaky curtsy.
>
> Head swimming, thoughts darting, Saelia made her way home and started to prepare the evening meal. It was fortunate she had done this so many times before as her mind was else were. Channel, her? Go to Tar Valon? She didn't know why she was even considering it! What would her family do without her? Leaving would be abandoning them, betraying them.
>
> Stop that, she told herself angrily when for the third time she found herself stock still, paused in her cooking absorbed in thoughts of the Power and Aes Sedai. She was distracted all though the meal, barely responding to her brother and sisters chatter, making noncommittal noises when she saw them washed and to bed, and was distant when she welcomed her mother home.
>
> 'What is wrong Saelia?' her mother asked after she was settled in front of the fire 'Is something troubling you?'
>
> Saelia took a deep breathe, and told her mother about her meeting with the Aes Sedai.
>
> 'That's wonderful Saelia!' her mother exclaimed when she had finished 'My daughter, going to the Tower to be Aes Sedai!'
>
> 'But mother, what about the family, how can I go off and leave you all, you need me!' In this moment Saelia knew that she did want to be Aes Sedai, that she would leave any future behind to pursue this, but how could she cut the ties to her family?
>
> 'Saelia, you have a tremendous opportunity. This chance will never come again, you must grasp it and hold it tight' she followed her words by taking both of Saelia's hands in hers. 'I can look after the children, do some of my work from here. When your father comes back next he will stay longer, and it is time you brother and sisters thought about learning a trade. Please Saelai, don't let us hold you back'

> Saelia spent a restless night considering her mother's words, the Aes Sedai's words, and the duty she felt to her family. When her family rose with the dawn, she had already packed a bundle and wore her best dress, her decision made. She made her tearful goodbyes, but was in the common room of the inn before the Aes Sedai appeared to start her journey.
>
> The Aes Sedai gave an approving nod when she saw her, and started giving instructions for her breakfast. Pushing down her fears about the future, about whether she was betraying her family by leaving, Saelai prepared herself for her journey to the Tower, and the Shawl.