DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Flinn and Nynaeve link to heal

elteryon

We know that both Nynaeve and Flinn have tried unsuccessfully to heal the wounds in Rand's side. RJ stresses men and women working together to achieve the greatest good. Would the two of them linked be able to heal Rand? Is that even possible?

I think Rand's wound will not be gone until he deals with the Dark One.

"There can be no health in us, nor any good thing grow, for the land is one with the Dragon Reborn, and he one with the land."

(From a much disputed translation of The Prophecies of the Dragon by the poet Kyera Termendal, of Shiota, found by me at the beginning of A Crown of Swords)

"Let the Prince of the Morning sing to the land that green things will grow and the valleys give forth lambs."

(from Charal Drianaan te Calamon, The Cycle of the Dragon, author unknown, Fourth Age, found by me at the end of The Great Hunt)

Both of these quotes indicate a connection between the Dragon's health and the land. As long as the Bore (a wound in the Pattern) is unhealed, I don't think Rand's side can be healed. Once the Bore is gone, it probably can be, and we've seen problems from Shadar Logoth be Healed before. Now that Shadar Logoth is gone, once Fain is dead, and the Bore is Healed, Rand can probably be Healed too. But not before then.

Beyond that I believe linked male/female channelers already tried to heal his wounds.

Crown of Swords: Chapter 41 A Crown of Swords

don't have the book with me, but Cadsuane says tells Rand that he was healed partially by Samitsu, Corelle, and Damer, and that they'd done things most likely not performed since the breaking.... which to me means that they linked together and healed him that way.

I have been waiting for some mega healing session or at least talk for two books now - these tow are both travelling with Rand - as far as I remember and don't even get together to discuss healing stilling and all kind of other achievements they have in common - I'm not even sure if they know that they have both healed the impossible.

I don't think anyone has mentioned to Nynaeve that Damer healed the Aes Sedai stilled at Dumai's Wells. Damer on the other hand has to know that Logain was healed, and probably found out about who healed him.

On the other hand maybe he just takes it in stride that he was healed by someone that learned it from him.

think Rand's wound will not be gone until he deals with the Dark One.

"There can be no health in us, nor any good thing grow, for the land is one with the Dragon Reborn, and he one with the land."

(From a much disputed translation of The Prophecies of the Dragon by the poet Kyera Termendal, of Shiota, found by me at the beginning of A Crown of Swords)

"Let the Prince of the Morning sing to the land that green things will grow and the valleys give forth lambs."

(from Charal Drianaan te Calamon, The Cycle of the Dragon, author unknown, Fourth Age, found by me at the end of The Great Hunt)

Both of these quotes indicate a connection between the Dragon's health and the land. As long as the Bore (a wound in the Pattern) is unhealed, I don't think Rand's side can be healed. Once the Bore is gone, it probably can be, and we've seen problems from Shadar Logoth be Healed before. Now that Shadar Logoth is gone, once Fain is dead, and the Bore is Healed, Rand can probably be Healed too.

I would like to add another quote to those Robert has used above.

(TEoTW The Dark One Stirs)"Strange clothes you wear Child of the Dragon. Has the Wheel turned so far? Do the People of the Dragon return to the First Covenant? But you wear a sword. that is neither now nor then."

To my knowledge this is the only reference to the First Covenant in any of the Books. The BWB refers to it only as following the Way of the Leaf and serving Aes Sedai. The BWB mentions that Dashien Aiel sing to the land along with the Ogier and Aes Sedai to produce exceptionally hardy crops that are bountiful.

To my knowledge this is the only reference to the First Covenant in any of the Books. The BWB refers to it only as following the Way of the Leaf and serving Aes Sedai. The BWB mentions that Dashien Aiel sing to the land along with the Ogier and Aes Sedai to produce exceptionally hardy crops that are bountiful.

It is mentioned again as the "Way of the Leaf" and the "Covenant" in Rand's ancestral flashbacks during his experience in the Pillars of Rhuidean, along with memories of crop-singing. But that only strengthens the point.

RAFO

This thread is not the place to discuss it.

It centers on the Herid Fel's statement that when the New Age begins the Wheel of Time will have come first circle.

If you are curious pm me I can give you the outline.

If you like the idea you might be interested in collaborating.

wiat, is this private info??? :) just start a new thread with your idea MotB. it sounds interesting. and i know i'd like to hear it.

Possibly after TG, Nyn, and Flynn can get together and work thier magic on him, but for now, stick a bandade on it and send him out to fight.

Also, it could be a very strong healing technique if both male and female worked together, but the control would be in Flynn's hands and it would only add to his power not skill, unless I am mistaken.

Archived