DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Lord of Chaos: Tel'aran'rhiod and 'need'

salvierda

CHAPTER 13: In the process of discovering the 'bowl of the winds' (in Tel'aran'rhiod) Elayne and Nynaeve use need in order to find something that will convince the hall not to go back to Elaida. On their first attempt they end up in an unused storeroom in Tar Valon. They dismiss Tar Valon and continue searching.

Does anyone know, or have any theories as to what it was in the storeroom that could have convinced the hall not to go back to Elaida?

Its entirely possible there was another BoW in the WT storeroom. There were several of those terangreal used to control the worlds weather; its not implausible that, just like there are 2 (known) oath rods there are two Bowl of Winds.

I have seen it suggested elsewhere that what the needed was Egwene.  Elayne glimpses her briefly as they arrive.

Hmm i fiind the idea of it being Egwene very interesting, it suggests that had Egwene jumped anywhere outside of Tar Valon yet still in Tel'aran'rhiod that they would have 'jumped' to her positioning again. but because she stepped out of Tel'aran'rhiod into the paralell dream space Nynaeve and Egwene could not 'need jump' to her again.

Thank you Rhienne for that interesting avenue of thought

I have seen it suggested elsewhere that what the needed was Egwene.  Elayne glimpses her briefly as they arrive.

nothing i have seen suggests that 'need' can find a specific individual in TAR. Wonder if anyone asked BS?

nothing i have seen suggests that 'need' can find a specific individual in TAR. Wonder if anyone asked BS?

There is no other instance of need finding a person, i agree, but if what they needed most was something to stop the rebels returning to Elaida, and notice later on that when Egwene takes charge there is basically no chance of that happening, is there any reason they would not be taken to her?

Archived