DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Randland doesn't have.....

puddlejumper

in WoT, there are kitchens, wash stands, bathtubs, bedrooms, etc, what happened to the restrooms? Not that its important. I think RJ just didn't want to deal with everyone taking a piss in every chapter after drinking so much punch and wine.

by the way, how long has it been since Rand left the Two River?(I am reading WH) if i remember correctly, it was winter when they first left, then there was this unbearable summer heat which lasted forever until Elayne and Nynaeve found the bowl. But i am sure it has been longer than a year. Much longer.

Actually many characters have made reference to using the privy. Also later in the books Elayne mentions having to "make water".

I do not know for sure how long it has been sense they left the two rivers, but I think it has been about 2-3 years. Maybe longer.

• Community Administrator

You remember that scene involving those pans that are under there beds being flung around the camp when that bouble of evil hit the aes sedia camp? Well um. Lets just say it was mighty stinky till they got it all cleaned up.

Chamberpots ftl.

Guest Wynne Jessal
I know those little hints. What I really meant was that there is no designated restrooms' date=' like a kitchen, for cooking.[/quote']

Once Morgase referred to "the jake", which would be an outhouse (but inside the main building, I think) and this was in Amadicia.

Otherwise it's mostly the chamberpot. Which, can you imagine? Especially if you were a lord or lady and you had someone actually come in to empty your chamberpot? Nynaeve and Elayne had Moggy doing that in LoC in Salidar and then complained that she didn't clean them well enough. Ugh. And, maybe it's just the 21st-century American in me, but I would NOT want someone seeing the mess I left. I guess they must be used to it.

Although, nowadays in the series, is finding a bush and better, with all the Aiel running around? You'd never know who could be watching you...

Personally, I find it does not help my estimation of the characters to try to imagine them... doing their business in a champer pot, outhouse, OR out in the woods. Picture Moiraine lifting her skirts to... you see what I mean? :oops:

Archived