DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Why only now?

Korayna

I've come to this site on and off over the years to read posts, but never made an account...didn't realize what I was missing!  I guess now that it has really hit me that the series is DONE made me want to reach out to other Wheel of Time folks.  I can't just live the rest of my life without any WoT flavoring.  

My older brother got the Eye of the World when he was in middle school (he's three years older) and would regale me with play-by-plays as he read it.  I didn't know its name though, so in fifth grade when a friend loaned it to me I was startled and excited that it was the same book.  It was my first fantasy reading experience and I am so grateful to that friend and my brother for introducing me to the genre.  Luckily my brother and I both kept with WoT and it was wonderful to be able to share the reading experiences with a sibling over the next several years.  At that point Lord of Chaos was the most recent book out and it's embarrassing to remember that my poor mother was bullied into buying my brother and me each our own copies of the next several books on their release dates.  But we both absolutely had to read them IMMEDIATELY!

I remember vividly how hard I tried to access Tel'aran'rhiod all throughout the summer when I was 11.  I had this big old family ring I was convinced would be a perfect dream ter'angreal! 

So for me it's been 18 years since I started the series and innumerable rereads.  When I started dating the guy who is now my husband, I gave him the Eye of the World as a test to see if he was really worth being serious about.  Luckily he loved it, and we started reading it out loud to each other.  We read the entire series like that, and I am so grateful for the hundreds of conversations sparked by scenes in the books.

I have a plethora of interests in the world, but the Wheel of Time has been a particularly special aspect of my life. 

I sad I won't be able to attend JordanCon this year.  I wonder if this will be the last time they'll put one on?

I look forward to meeting you all.

Welcome to Dragonmount! I was also a visitor to the site who finally joined the forums after being picked as a Memory Keeper in November/December... And after a few months of being here I still wonder why I hadn't joined earlier.

When you have a little time you should take a look through the discussion forums for some great theories, information & discussions. You should also take a little time to check out the Social Groups and see which of them seem to click for you (You are not limited to just one either). Each group has something different to offer such as the Black Tower's tainted brownies & spam or the Band of the Red Hand's taverns & discussions on music/arts. The social groups can be a little silly at times but are almost always a lot of fun and a great way for you to interact with a number of other DM members. If you are into Role Play then you should also take a look at the RP forums.

Welcome!!! I love your enthusiasm and that you decided to join us. I discovered the books about two years ago. I'd advise you check out the social groups, especially the White Tower. I look forward to seeing you around!!!

Welcome to DM!  Your story is great and like Ry said, I love the enthusiasm!!  Believe it or not, I met my husband through DM.  *grins*  So I am one of the lucky ones who has a significant other who loves WoT. 

Hopefully you'll check out the social groups and join one, or two, or many.  *winks*  I think you'll be a great addition to them. 

Archived