DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Intense chess

If you want to see chess as sport, look at this still ongoing candidates tournament. The winner becomes a candidate to challenge to World Champion Viswathan Anand in a match later this year, but aside the the potential glory of becoming the 16th world champion, which Kramnik wouldn't since he is already the 14th, that means a minimum of a million euros for who loses that match.

I say, follow the live broadcasts is you have the time, you can find them on for instance through chessbase.com or Fide's website eventually, but a good roundup in these videos (if I can find a link that shows them consistently) of GM Daniel King telling in 10-15 minutes what was what each round:

that would be it!

So Ivanchuk's just got an extra pawn, the b6, and in regards of the tournament situation, that's the only way for anything to change, the only relevant thing is if Kramnik manages to find a way to draw, a very difficult thing. Seems a very difficult thing for Carlsen to draw, I hear he can resign, but one shouldn't resign too soon.

Archived