DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Darthe's Mafia Game Over. Mafia Wins.

Darthe

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Three times Talya has asked ithi to vote a person when she is already voting someone she believes to be mafia. This feels like trying to protect a more important teammate. a few comments along the way...

im not   im commenting on what i think is a bit of a pattern.

im really hoping this game doesnt go Wot crazy like recent ones

what is this pattern, is it done when Ithi is mafia or Nol is Mafia or both Mafia or both Town, without that info it isn't really a patten feels like WIFOM spreading

>No. I don't recall that. I just think that Nolder believes if he says my name enough times along with the word Mafia then it will stick.

Of course if Nolder wants to actually locate this mysterious game where this is supposed to have happened then fair enough.

Cloud attempts to link me and Nolder.

Goodness me the Mafia are being clumsy this game.

The bolded part - Really?! Trying to push you self as town and being the victim of being set up...this irked me. And the last line, very patronising again it doesn't sit right. defends Nolder's play of attaching the word mafia to Ithi

ithi you know i was just kidding right, but i still find it weird that nol has picked you and keeps on referencing stuff which are apparently part of his imagination  

Were you really kidding, because I agree wioth Turin on this sounds like you back tracked, but wanted to put it out there. 

He's picked me because he is not happy I have targetted Mish with my vote.

Also it is very easy distraction method. Try and make people look the other way so they don't notice what you are doing as much.

Basically it's because he is Mafia.

and yet you do not vote, Turin votes instead. why would he pick on you for targeting Mish...Didn't sound like you had a case on Mish for him to get upset. But then it does look a bit like what Turin has done, voting Chuckles after he said about you and Nol distancing...kettle/pot! Turin voted chuckles not Nolder who the above quote is about(also Nolder voted me not Ithi).Talya also defends Mish here. I voted chuckles because he is using a mafia tactic. attempting to link players. More suspicious as I believe one(Nolder) to be mafia and one(Ithi) to be town. coupled with the nudging of an Ithi lynch it looks really bad.

Still ... Seems like it was important enough for you to go search back over a year to find it. To finally prove that I have indeed been Mafia in the past.

That's just precious.

After you actually asked to find it...he did and now you accuse him! He did paint himself into a corner and pretty much had to either deliver or fess up. so somewhat valid.

Again you accuse someone of mafia and yet you still don't change your vote...hoping someone will do it first, so you won't get the blame?

so if it is a tell as you think...vote!

and RTE and ed... I'm feeling victimised now *sulks*

three strikes and you are out. It looks very much like you are trying to get that one little real vote off of Mish. not sure why but it is interesting

In the process of looking these up I found something else that is sitting odd. back in a bit.

I am heeeeeeeere! Excited about this, loooove Darthe games.

Vote Cloud :wub: I think we've been switching who's been mafia in the last couple of games lately, and since I was last time, I'm sure you are now :laugh:

"joke" vote. Still felt a need to justify it. At the same time trying to push forward the idea that she can not be mafia because she was in the last game. Poor logic all around.

So much spam while I'm sleeping. I don't see why Chuckles would feel the need to go for you Ithi because of your vote on me, unless he's trying for some town cred. Talya on the other hand is very fast to jump on Ithi and Turin there, and also showing she's not paying attention...

If chuckles is going for town cred then you must think he and Ithi are both mafia. But in reality it was Nolder that was prodding Ithi while(and maybe by) voting me. Also mentioning Tayla in a way that looks odd to me.

Talya: "Didn't sound like you had a case on Mish for him to get upset" Ithi had voted me, like she pointed out, so obviously she had some sort of case. And you show that you didn't pay attention since you didn't note that.

Again at Talya. Here saying Ithi must have a case to vote her. Again saying Talya isn't paying attention.

Ithi I gotta say though, your vote is so thin I can see straight through it.

Now that the vote from Ithi is still there despite talya asking for it to be moved it is suddenly a thin vote. contradictory.

If I had known that, I wouldn't still have my joke vote. I don't have a proper feel for anyone just yet.

Admitting first post is "joke" vote. The whole "I don't have a read on anyone yet" line is a cop out IMO. You felt strongly enough about chuckles and Ithi to basically call them both mafia. go ahead and vote. Don't want to OMGUS Ithi? don't want to vote a teammate so early day 1?

Yep, I don't want to OMGUS, that's it. No, I don't think Ithi is mafia, no matter how thin her reaosn for voting me, and that's never been what I've tried to say either. I don't have a proper feel on anyone yet and that's the truth. And of course my first post is a joke vote; what else would it be? I always vote Cloud when we're in games together, and I added on a bad joke that just showed how daft I can be at times. It wasn't to say that I can't be mafia now :rolleyes: Honestly.

And if anyone really doubts how bad my memory is regarding cloud in that other game, I'll jsut remind you that I couldn't even remember he was dead the night after his lynch.

Interesting.

Also whilst I remember. Only someone who felt I was being condescending would say I was being condescending.

When I said the Mafia were playing poorly Talya said I was being condescending.

Now Town wouldn't give a rat's behind what I called the Mafia. So she says ah well but YOU could be mafia. But why would that be condescending.

So I'm thinking Mish, Nolder, Talya and maybe Chuckles. There might be a 5th one out there - depends on the numbers really.

I also think Mish might be important in the Mafia Team. I've had a lot of pokes and nudges since I voted her. She also acted all invincible when she first posted. Super confident. It's what Mafia Godfathers and the like do.

Also, I am going to LA and Universal Studios, so I will be scarce until Sunday or Monday.

I would meet you there to say hi but Sunday I am spending Easter with my mom and Monday I think I'll be at my friends house.

Have a good time and check out City Walk afterwards. There are a couple neat shops there.

Aw, have fun!  Do you know the best ride in Universal Studios?

Talya, that's how Ithi always sounds in Mafia games...

Duhr.

This is very true, commenting in my next post.

im not   im commenting on what i think is a bit of a pattern.

what is this pattern, is it done when Ithi is mafia or Nol is Mafia or both Mafia or both Town, without that info it isn't really a patten

>No. I don't recall that. I just think that Nolder believes if he says my name enough times along with the word Mafia then it will stick.

Of course if Nolder wants to actually locate this mysterious game where this is supposed to have happened then fair enough.

Cloud attempts to link me and Nolder.

Goodness me the Mafia are being clumsy this game.

The bolded part - Really?! Trying to push you self as town and being the victim of being set up...this irked me. And the last line, very patronising again it doesn't sit right. - This is how Ithi plays, she always attempts to downplay the ability of the mafia, and attacks on the first day extremely hard to try to find more slip ups that are better than the first ones she found.  Then in the later days, she capitalizes those as well.  I don't know how she plays as mafia though, so this is a null tell for me, and probably others who have played with her before.

ithi you know i was just kidding right, but i still find it weird that nol has picked you and keeps on referencing stuff which are apparently part of his imagination  

Were you really kidding, because I agree wioth Turin on this sounds like you back tracked, but wanted to put it out there. 

Also it is very easy distraction method. Try and make people look the other way so they don't notice what you are doing as much.

and yet you do not vote, Turin votes instead. why would he pick on you for targeting Mish...Didn't sound like you had a case on Mish for him to get upset. But then it does look a bit like what Turin has done, voting Chuckles after he said about you and Nol distancing...kettle/pot! - I don't get this post

Still ... Seems like it was important enough for you to go search back over a year to find it. To finally prove that I have indeed been Mafia in the past.

That's just precious.

After you actually asked to find it...he did and now you accuse him! - Um, I don't think this was an accusation.

Basically Ithi's a null tell right now, Talya seems very iffy on Ithi, I see some of the nudging away from Mish, but fmpov I don't think mafia defends teammates day 1, so this I think actually makes me think Talya is mafia, and Mish is town.  So for now, vote Talya

Mish can't remember that Cloud was Mafia? And she seems to be a little over excited.

Vote Mish

And we can edit. Excellent.

This is her reasoning for voting Mish and from this she thinks she is mafia? Really! she didn't say about Mish being mafia to begin with only until I started to say why doesn't she put her money where her mouth is as she said me and someone else was mafia. In fact after this she spams the thread a bit (after complaining this morning about it). 

here is where she first mentions about Mish, I assumed she thought chuckles, if you read the area, so I can see where the confusion over her talking about chuckles or Nol, I think Mish mentioned it! 

The pot/kettle bit was you saying about Nol protecting Mish, when Turin comes straight on today and does the same for you...

as for Ithi's play, just so you all get this... I HAVE NEVER PLAYED WITH HER BEFORE! ok? So when people are using that as part of a casing *looks at Rand* saying, that she always speaks like that in a game, I don't know, but even if she does, it seemed off to me...my point of view.

Now I do find it interesting, that Ithi has laid the ground and others come straight in backing her up and accusing me! Doesn't mean she is mafia, but I bet at least one of those that have tried to make something out of this are. 

@ Rand - Where she said about Nol searching for the game...Where she says "that's precious" sounded that way to me, she had asked him to, and when he did try to turn it on him as to make him look like he found it just to show she had been Mafia once...which goes back to her saying that he keeping on using Mafia with her name. 

Guns blazin', starting with Nolder.

Here, but just about to eat my dinner.

What are you having?

We are a bit Mother Hubbardish atm so had to just make a quick dinner. So just chorizo style sausages and fries and Cars spaghetti shapes lol.

The boys had already eaten loads at nursery anyways.

Not a fan of chorizo 

Cars spaghetti sounds pretty good though

Don't really read much into this.

Yes Nol. Stalking Ithi is MMMMMY job.  :wink:

I wasn't stalking. You're being paranoid. Probably because you're mafia.

Vote: Turin

Don't read much into this either. Ithi reasons it's a way for Nolder to deflect attention away from Mish.

Problem is, she's not being objective. She doesn't mention Ed's vote on her, neither does she mention how quickly Cloud jumped on Mish.

Also nice catch on the redshirt Eddie.

Never paranoid Nolder. always protecting my Ithi  :wub:

I know you both well enough to know you'll put everything aside for mafia. So if you are protecting Ithi you have an in game reason to do so.

Now whether that's an attempt to get on Ithi's good side, playing to peoples expectations, or something else entirely I don't know.

...>_>

Nolder does chit chat till Mish gets a vote and then slams one on Turin.

Nice deflect.

Nolder is Mafia too.

Talk about deflecting. I wasn't even paying attention to anyone else but you and Turin atm.

I guess you're both mafia this game?

Now why would you only be paying attention to Ithi and I?  several other people have posted interesting things.

I was hungry and wanted to know what was for dinner and then you kind of forced me to pay attention to you by saying strange things.

I want LOTR Risk so bad... I have Harry Potter Clue, that's so much more fun than the original one  :biggrin:

Have played and can confirm, it is more fun than original clue.

Oh my daughter has that Mish...she is HP mad *sighs* (It is good, but don't tell her I said that)

What house is she?

That would be a standard counter Darthe. but there is more than one way to skin a cat.

And Maw, why you no post? I see you on skype...

And you called ME the stalker??

I've taken many many of those online quizzes, asked various people what they thought, and did some self reflection and I really can't be anything other than a Hufflepuff.

Turin is an excellent stalker.

I see this has deteriorated into a spamfest whilst I was sleeping.

Chocolate pancakes for breakfast Nolder.

Not bad. I had pancakes yesterday though so that's not as interesting as it might have been otherwise.

Now this is the part I reacted on. You've been given the chance to start the game properly, to skip the "unnecessary" spam, but you completly ignore it. 

I would've thought that you would have resolved the issue properly before resuming the spam (Bolded purple).

End of part 1

Part 2

Why spam?

How is that helpful?

It just give the Mafia an easy way to hide and make meaningless posts.

I think a light amount of spam is important in the early game. It eases everyone into the game and starts things off friendly. It also gives people cause to make joke votesPersonally I think when people say things like "vote x because I haven't played with them in a long time" or something they are doing it wrong. I feel like joke votes should still have a basis in discussion because it then leads to more discussion and reaction testing.

But you are right that it's important not to go overboard on the spam.

This strikes me as odd... The purpose of a joke vote is, as you said, to ease everyone into the game. But for some reason, you go on saying that joke votes aren't supposed to be joke votes, but should actually be treated like properly researched votes.

Ithi is trying very hard to look protown this game

I can't honestly say the same.

im not im commenting on what i think is a bit of a pattern.

I don't rememebr the last time I played with Nolder. Why are you commenting on it?

I don't remember either. I think the last time we played together we were mafia though.

No. I don't recall ever being on a QT with you.

Could be it was a game I was modding then and you were the mafia. I really don't remember.

No. I don't recall that. I just think that Nolder believes if he says my name enough times along with the word Mafia then it will stick.

The gameOur QT.

You were saying?

Apologies for our mafia Teamness being so completely forgettable.

It wasn't a very memorable game. I don't blame you.

>>Still ... Seems like it was important enough for you to go search back over a year to find it. To finally prove that I have indeed been Mafia in the past.

That's just precious.

Well it was either look up the game or look silly for having referenced it.

This, to me, is an obvious attempt at redirecting the focus from his previous posts, to something completly irrelevant. 

Also, I am going to LA and Universal Studios, so I will be scarce until Sunday or Monday.

I would meet you there to say hi but Sunday I am spending Easter with my mom and Monday I think I'll be at my friends house.

Have a good time and check out City Walk afterwards. There are a couple neat shops there.

i was talking about moving on from the spam phase  :rolleyes:

Do you know where you are?

Back to unnecessary posts (spam).

Conclusion: In the beggining, Nolder didn't really strike me as odd. But the constant redirecting and attempts at resuming spam tells me otherwise.

Probably scum.

Vote Nolder

Aw, have fun!  Do you know the best ride in Universal Studios?

I've never been. Personally I think the price of admission is extremely excessive.

I've heard the Jurassic Park ride is terrifying though.

You've been given the chance to start the game properly, to skip the "unnecessary" spam, but you completly ignore it. 

I would've thought that you would have resolved the issue properly before resuming the spam (Bolded purple).

You may want to reread again. I was not one of the people who had an issue with spam.

Part 2

Why spam?

How is that helpful?

It just give the Mafia an easy way to hide and make meaningless posts.

I think a light amount of spam is important in the early game. It eases everyone into the game and starts things off friendly. It also gives people cause to make joke votesPersonally I think when people say things like "vote x because I haven't played with them in a long time" or something they are doing it wrong. I feel like joke votes should still have a basis in discussion because it then leads to more discussion and reaction testing.

But you are right that it's important not to go overboard on the spam.

This strikes me as odd... The purpose of a joke vote is, as you said, to ease everyone into the game. But for some reason, you go on saying that joke votes aren't supposed to be joke votes, but should actually be treated like properly researched votes.

That isn't what I said at all. I said I think when people make really random votes they're doing it wrong. I don't mean to imply that the vote should be "researched" or logical but they should be grounded in the game so as to foster discussion. It's just my opinion but I don't think anyone cares whether you vote for someone because you haven't seen them in awhile. You can force discussion out of that if you try like saying well if you haven't seen them in awhile why would you want to vote them off so soon or somesuch but I feel that discussion comes easier if you joke vote people for things they have said or done in the game.

Oooookay. I'm here. Love you too, Ley. Turin, your stalkerish tendencies are both endearing and frightening.

I haven't posted thus far because I've been enjoying my first day of spring break by hanging out with friends, and also because most of what was going on was just spam. I'll work on rooting the important stuff out of the waffle now.

And for the record, i'm a Ravenclaw.

Mish and I always vote for each other when we are in a game together, because we are bonded. You guys are looking way too much into it.

I find Ithi the most scummy player so far because at the start of the game she linked Mish and Nolder together (without any evidence) because he voted for Turin, and then continues with the linking untill now and even adds Talya into it. Ithi's reasoning for voting for Mish was that she found it odd that Mish didn't remember me being the Symp, and that she is over excited. FYI Mish was just making a joke, and it shouldn't be read any differently. Ithi had a back and forth with Nolder regarding a previous Mafia game, and she cased Talya a lot but didn't remove her vote from Mish. Ithi isn't commiting to her casing on Talya even though she has a stronger read on her, and that is scummy play.

three strikes and you are out. It looks very much like you are trying to get that one little real vote off of Mish. not sure why but it is interesting

In the process of looking these up I found something else that is sitting odd. back in a bit.

Why would a mafia player go to such lenghts to remove the first vote from a teammate? Also, a three strike rule has nothing to do with playing Mafia.

Well it doesn't but it has gotten the game into the next gear and that's what I was aiming for

This excuse for a mistake is used every single game without fail

what mistake?

Chuckles mentioned that Ithi and Nolder were distancing from each other, but later on he says that he was just kidding, but still finds the situation between those two weird. I agree with Turin that Chuckle's comment is non-commital and that he is now trying to backpedal his way out of it. FoS. 

Interesting.

Also whilst I remember. Only someone who felt I was being condescending would say I was being condescending.

When I said the Mafia were playing poorly Talya said I was being condescending.

Now Town wouldn't give a rat's behind what I called the Mafia. So she says ah well but YOU could be mafia. But why would that be condescending.

So I'm thinking Mish, Nolder, Talya and maybe Chuckles. There might be a 5th one out there - depends on the numbers really.

I also think Mish might be important in the Mafia Team. I've had a lot of pokes and nudges since I voted her. She also acted all invincible when she first posted. Super confident. It's what Mafia Godfathers and the like do.

Lol are you even serious?

Mish can't remember that Cloud was Mafia? And she seems to be a little over excited.

Vote Mish

And we can edit. Excellent.

This is her reasoning for voting Mish and from this she thinks she is mafia? Really! she didn't say about Mish being mafia to begin with only until I started to say why doesn't she put her money where her mouth is as she said me and someone else was mafia. In fact after this she spams the thread a bit (after complaining this morning about it).

here is where she first mentions about Mish, I assumed she thought chuckles, if you read the area, so I can see where the confusion over her talking about chuckles or Nol, I think Mish mentioned it! 

The pot/kettle bit was you saying about Nol protecting Mish, when Turin comes straight on today and does the same for you...

as for Ithi's play, just so you all get this... I HAVE NEVER PLAYED WITH HER BEFORE! ok? So when people are using that as part of a casing *looks at Rand* saying, that she always speaks like that in a game, I don't know, but even if she does, it seemed off to me...my point of view.

Now I do find it interesting, that Ithi has laid the ground and others come straight in backing her up and accusing me! Doesn't mean she is mafia, but I bet at least one of those that have tried to make something out of this are. 

I agree with Talya. 

So. Unvote, Vote Ithi

okay, Page 11 things finally get rolling.

Chuckles links Ithi and Nol. Turin turns on Chuckles.

Page 12 Talya leads off with some pokes at IThi. Ithi continues her 'Everyone is mafioso' standard. RTE climbs in with Ithi and Turin to vote Chuckles.

The Mish-Talya-Ithi triangle escalates.People are STILL freaking out about Tal's exclamation marks. I thought we settled that last game.Apparently they're a mafia tell? Ithi continues to hone in on Mish, despite sparring with Talya. Mish has no feels for anyone despite calling out Talya and Ithi. Turin continues to push Talya with the first multicolord WoT.

Rand climbs on the Talya train as well. Everyone seems to think that there's some kind of Talya/Mish connection. Arez attacks Nolder for reaching on Ithi and unnessecary spammage. NOlder says that Arez is twisting his words. Nolder and TUrin debate the defenition of a joke vote. Ed continues to spam. Has he done much else? Cloud comes in to support Talya and attack Ithi.

Archived