DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Darthe's Mafia Game Over. Mafia Wins.

Darthe

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nol, does it specifically say that you are NK proof?

Yes.

I agree with Ithi here. Chuckles says he shot at you last night. You don't die. Nothing is proven.

Oh...I didn't really consider that the Vig isn't vetted. Nevermind lol.

Who do you think is mafia? All you have talked about us lynching inactive players, except for snow/hallia

I really don't know at this point. I've been arguing about things that don't matter for so long I haven't had much of  a chance to do any actual scumhunting.

For what it's worth I feel bad about Maw even besides the lurking. I don't like how he doesn't comment on the game at large (something I am guilty of as well yes).

I can see how unsure of Nol you were

I call that opportunistic and scummy

I wasn't unsure of him. Well, not more than anyone else. His play was scummy enough for a lynch, but his claim does make me doubt a bit. Same with Chuckles. Play says mafia, claim says that we might need to be careful.

Nolder said he can't be killed at Night.

Because he is on the Mafia Team and they are very unlikely to send in the Kill on one of their own.

Derp derp even if that was true we just had a Vig claim.

Speaking of which. I can be vetted easily. Have said Vig shoot me.

Okay, I was thinking about this a bit more. And either it's really smart play, or this confirmes Nol as town. This, because, as mafia, you wouldn't say "let's have the Vig shoot me", and if Chuckles would be mafia and Nol too, he most likely wouldn't even mention this, because he would KNOW that this Vig claim was false, and therefore not forget that he's not a vetted Vig.

So either Nol town or Nol being really smart. Either way, I

unvote

Yes careful is piling a vote on after a claim, straight after someone else

You might have noticed the time. I live in the Netherlands, it was about 8:30 AM for me, if I remember correctly. That's when most people wake up, and I just happened to have the same reasons as Turin had.

I'm not sure if Cloud had claimed at that point Talya - but is too difficult for me to go and check.

With regards to people knowing things they really shouldn't. Nolder was very certain that I was making a mistake and that I would pay for it. He also claimed to have not known he was Hammering - yeah right - and that we should ALL know his reasons for voting Mish.

When he had said I was making a big mistake about her?

Anyways Vote Nolder

I agree with Ithi here that its hard to believe Nolder didnt know he was hammering. Its a pretty common scum excuse and town are generally firm enough in their belief that someone is scum or town that they dont need to make an excuse for hammering someone, while mafia have to fake that belief.

Morning

Talya I've been less active due to a birthday on the long weekend and then assignments. I was up till 2am last night doing those so that's why

I'll be more active from today though

Ok first off Talya does some great linking with me and chuckles there

Ithi also seems to be getting behind that

I had been planning a look at chuckles today but now that will just look scummy. Oh well I think he's the way to go today

I dont like your last line here Dap. Why should you care if you look scummy or not if your town? If you get lynched and flip town because of this then we narrow down the pool still helping us win the game. The only people who are really concerned about being seen as scummy are the mafia. I know you say you still think hes the way to go, but you dont vote him so along with that and the comment its an FoS on you.

Yes whoever - nothing in this game is certain. There are actually a number of options, but I will remember who was certain.

The first option is Cloud is Fake Claiming and is actually Mafia. The Mafia know this of course and they hoped to smoke out the real Doc by doing so.

The second option is Cloud is Fake Claiming Doc as Town. This is the semi genius option and exactly what I wanted to do before this game began. It is the I'm Spartacus effect and basically makes it very difficult for the Mafia to take out our Power Roles. It also means the Mafia still doesn't really know who is the Doc. Was the person they targetted last night the Doc who protected themselves - or did the Doc just protect the person they targetted.

Personally I think that every hard playing Town should claim Doc. That would be brilliant.

The third option is that he really is the Doc. I don't know about that. I don't know who any of you are and it's actually a bit difficult for me to trust any of you at all. Usually I die pretty early and that's a relief because I never have to actually trust anyone.

And as for Cloud? I suggest we ignore him and just call him Claimed Doc for now. If he is fake claiming the real doc will get Lynched or Killed sooner or later and then he is toast.

Eddie - shush.

Why is it so hard to just take his word as doc? Until we get a CC we cant risk testing if hes fake claiming or not. The fact that you even bring up that our un-CCed doc could be fake claiming is suspicious to me. Its like you could be setting up for a lynch on Cloud if say a mafia CCs him. This combined with all the other things you have said in regards to Cloud being the doc deserve an FoS. Its a small FoS, but there non-the-less.

I'm actually considering that they didn't submit a NK at all.

What? I dont see why you would think this at all. Unless they are pulling some stupid gambit with a 1/100 chance of working theres no reason for them to holster their kill. It just forces them to survive through another day phase.

Hey guys sorry about being semi absent recently but I'm at my friends house and I'm having a hard time keeping up day to day.

Since there was no kill last night and I don't want the doctor to be potentially misled/confused I think it's necessary for me to claim.

I'm Bulletproof, can't be killed at night. So I may have been shot last night.

Would still like to lynch Maw. 9 posts in nearly 50 pages of gameplay? Can you even call that playing? Leyrann as well, would be fine with lynching him next.

Vote: Maw

So afew things with this. 

1. You bring up inactivity but dont list Snow ((This was before he was replaced)), Me at 27 posts, Dice at 30 or Roo 20 yet you do bring up Ley at 21 and Maw at 11. While you are right about inactivity deserving being looked at, its the names you choose to omit that are bugging me. 

2. Whats with this reveal? Its not going to help the doc at all. Infact it will just confuse them more about who they can trust.

If you flip scum I would suggest looking at those whose name's he ommited from his inactivity list and yes I know that includes me.

The reason for buffalo is obvious to town. Anyone who doesn't know the reason is actually being detrimental to town.

See?! Im not the only one who doesnt know what it means! You mean little panda! 

:tongue: Yes, for two reasons.

1st, I'm out of mafia games to play. Seriously, I am so bored to check this twice an hour or so without any posts! Nothing is distracting me :p

2nd, I am a world class complainer. Have you seen these skills?

Whiner. 

I'm just going to 

unvote vote Nolder

His play keeps failing, as has constantly been pointed out the last few pages. Chuckles is still #2 on my list though, and I am also wanting to vote him if it looks like he is getting more votes. Both I think are scum.

This sounds like hedging his bets to me. It sounds like he is willing to vote for either of them but doesnt really care which. Like hes limiting us to two choices for his vote so that if one flips scum then we have to lynch the other or that if one flips town we have to lynch the other because hes so sure one of them is scum.

Nolder said he can't be killed at Night.

Because he is on the Mafia Team and they are very unlikely to send in the Kill on one of their own.

Derp derp even if that was true we just had a Vig claim.

Speaking of which. I can be vetted easily. Have said Vig shoot me.

Okay, I was thinking about this a bit more. And either it's really smart play, or this confirmes Nol as town. This, because, as mafia, you wouldn't say "let's have the Vig shoot me", and if Chuckles would be mafia and Nol too, he most likely wouldn't even mention this, because he would KNOW that this Vig claim was false, and therefore not forget that he's not a vetted Vig.

So either Nol town or Nol being really smart. Either way, I

unvote

This came in while I was writing my thoughts but seriously?

You get alittle pressure and then hop off? FoS. If you truly believed he was scum then you wouldnt be dissuaded from voting him so easily.

Right lets go through this shall we

I'm not sure if Cloud had claimed at that point Talya - but is too difficult for me to go and check.

With regards to people knowing things they really shouldn't. Nolder was very certain that I was making a mistake and that I would pay for it. He also claimed to have not known he was Hammering - yeah right - and that we should ALL know his reasons for voting Mish.

When he had said I was making a big mistake about her?

Anyways Vote Nolder

I agree with Ithi here that its hard to believe Nolder didnt know he was hammering. Its a pretty common scum excuse and town are generally firm enough in their belief that someone is scum or town that they dont need to make an excuse for hammering someone, while mafia have to fake that belief.

Morning

Talya I've been less active due to a birthday on the long weekend and then assignments. I was up till 2am last night doing those so that's why

I'll be more active from today though

Ok first off Talya does some great linking with me and chuckles there

Ithi also seems to be getting behind that

I had been planning a look at chuckles today but now that will just look scummy. Oh well I think he's the way to go today

I dont like your last line here Dap. Why should you care if you look scummy or not if your town?

Rand and I already dealt with this. Oh well. Those two words mean I don't care

If you get lynched and flip town because of this then we narrow down the pool still helping us win the game. The only people who are really concerned about being seen as scummy are the mafia. I know you say you still think hes the way to go, but you dont vote him so along with that and the comment its an FoS on you.

oh no! I'm looking scummy!

Lol

Yes whoever - nothing in this game is certain. There are actually a number of options, but I will remember who was certain.

The first option is Cloud is Fake Claiming and is actually Mafia. The Mafia know this of course and they hoped to smoke out the real Doc by doing so.

The second option is Cloud is Fake Claiming Doc as Town. This is the semi genius option and exactly what I wanted to do before this game began. It is the I'm Spartacus effect and basically makes it very difficult for the Mafia to take out our Power Roles. It also means the Mafia still doesn't really know who is the Doc. Was the person they targetted last night the Doc who protected themselves - or did the Doc just protect the person they targetted.

Personally I think that every hard playing Town should claim Doc. That would be brilliant.

The third option is that he really is the Doc. I don't know about that. I don't know who any of you are and it's actually a bit difficult for me to trust any of you at all. Usually I die pretty early and that's a relief because I never have to actually trust anyone.

And as for Cloud? I suggest we ignore him and just call him Claimed Doc for now. If he is fake claiming the real doc will get Lynched or Killed sooner or later and then he is toast.

Eddie - shush.

Why is it so hard to just take his word as doc? Until we get a CC we cant risk testing if hes fake claiming or not.

so setting up for a counterclaim and also setting up to test it on cloud. Such a townie move there len

The fact that you even bring up that our un-CCed doc could be fake claiming is suspicious to me.

just like you set up for an actual counterclaim to happen

Its like you could be setting up for a lynch on Cloud if say a mafia CCs him. This combined with all the other things you have said in regards to Cloud being the doc deserve an FoS. Its a small FoS, but there non-the-less.

wait only a small one? Is that cos you realised it's what you are doing

I'm actually considering that they didn't submit a NK at all.

What? I dont see why you would think this at all. Unless they are pulling some stupid gambit with a 1/100 chance of working theres no reason for them to holster their kill. It just forces them to survive through another day phase.

I actually agree. Seems a bit silly to not NK

Hey guys sorry about being semi absent recently but I'm at my friends house and I'm having a hard time keeping up day to day.

Since there was no kill last night and I don't want the doctor to be potentially misled/confused I think it's necessary for me to claim.

I'm Bulletproof, can't be killed at night. So I may have been shot last night.

Would still like to lynch Maw. 9 posts in nearly 50 pages of gameplay? Can you even call that playing? Leyrann as well, would be fine with lynching him next.

Vote: Maw

So afew things with this. 

1. You bring up inactivity but dont list Snow ((This was before he was replaced)), Me at 27 posts, Dice at 30 or Roo 20 yet you do bring up Ley at 21 and Maw at 11. While you are right about inactivity deserving being looked at, its the names you choose to omit that are bugging me. 

this is true. Omission with no good reason is scummy

2. Whats with this reveal? Its not going to help the doc at all. Infact it will just confuse them more about who they can trust.

wait why doc specifically? Why does the doc care if Nol has a BPV thing. One less person they have to care about so it's better for the doc.

It's worse for the mafia cos they now have two protects roaming around

So the mafia would want Nol and cloud dead. Cloud would be NKable or CCable, Nol can be cased as scummy and maybe lynched.

Oh wait isn't that what people have been trying to do?

If you flip scum I would suggest looking at those whose name's he ommited from his inactivity list and yes I know that includes me.

you seem pretty keen for a lynch on Nol don't you?

What if he flips town. Should be pay more attention to those he left on the list?

No but you did omit the other option of him flipping

The reason for buffalo is obvious to town. Anyone who doesn't know the reason is actually being detrimental to town.

See?! Im not the only one who doesnt know what it means! You mean little panda! 

yea Arez knows what it means, you don't

Hally doesn't know either yet in her summary post he called someone else out for skimming (ironic right?)

So you have been skimming along with all the others that don't know the buffalo

:tongue: Yes, for two reasons.

1st, I'm out of mafia games to play. Seriously, I am so bored to check this twice an hour or so without any posts! Nothing is distracting me :p

2nd, I am a world class complainer. Have you seen these skills?

Whiner. 

I'm just going to 

unvote vote Nolder

His play keeps failing, as has constantly been pointed out the last few pages. Chuckles is still #2 on my list though, and I am also wanting to vote him if it looks like he is getting more votes. Both I think are scum.

This sounds like hedging his bets to me. and you aren't?

It sounds like he is willing to vote for either of them but doesnt really care which. just like you are fairly open to other people as well and even CCs on Cloud

Like hes limiting us to two choices for his vote so that if one flips scum then we have to lynch the other or that if one flips town we have to lynch the other because hes so sure one of them is scum. not dissimilar to how you seem to want Nol gone and are setting up for Cloud to get CCed but at the same time are calling ithi out for it

Oh oops I thought I had written up what I thought if Nold flips scum. My bad.

I dont see how im setting Cloud up for a CC, especially since I believe him to be the Doc.

Havnt been skimming. Buffalo was mentioned once, in a small spoiler tag in the middle of a WoT. Thats not skimming, thats missing something.

Its confusing for the doc because now he cant be sure if they targeted someone he protected. 

Ex: Person A is Doc, Person B is scum and Person C is town.

Scum NK Person C, but Person A protects them. No one dies that night so Person A can reasonably say that Person C is town. Allowing them to lynch Person B, who is scum.

Throw a claimed BPV, which we arnt even sure is real, into the mix and suddenly the Doc doesn know shit because they cant tell who the mafia targeted that night.

Did your QT tell you what buffalo was or turin and i discussinbg it

eiitherway it is skimmminng. You did open and read it

i put useful things in spoiler tags a lot of the time and if thats going to be your excuse to not reading them arez is right.

Also all spoiler tags are the same size regardles of tgeir content

as for cobfusing the doc. Use your head. There will beother such protection roles in a game like this, darthe said we beeded careful play.

You just want nol gone. If he claimed JOATs and said he self protected you wouldnt of got your kbickers in a twist, cos he cant be NKed ever you need him lynched hence all the doc confuaion crap

1. Did your QT tell you what buffalo was or turin and i discussinbg it

eiitherway it is skimmminng. You did open and read it

2. i put useful things in spoiler tags a lot of the time and if thats going to be your excuse to not reading them arez is right.

3. Also all spoiler tags are the same size regardles of tgeir content

4. as for cobfusing the doc. Use your head. There will beother such protection roles in a game like this, darthe said we beeded careful play.

5. You just want nol gone. If he claimed JOATs and said he self protected you wouldnt of got your kbickers in a twist, cos he cant be NKed ever you need him lynched hence all the doc confuaion crap

1. I used the search function. You know, that thing at the top of the page that allows someone to search for a word? Yeah. That thing.

2. Why put useful info in a spoiler tab? And its not my excuse because im not making an excuse.

3. I know this. Dont patronize me.

4. We cant assume such. To do so is foolish.

5. If I wanted him gone wouldnt I have voted him? Or is that a hole in your accusation that you forgot while making that BS?

*nodnod* Got it, now bear in mind, the claim now makes me second guess myself, but here goes:

Chuckles starts out with a lighthearted joke vote.

Posting the link to slenderman and the calling us pieces I feel so wanted :tongue:

vote dap cuz its his birthday and all

Posts some fluff, typical day 1 stuff.  I was gong to include them as quotes, but it seems irrelevant and only needs mentioning.  And then here:

Its almost like these two are distancing eeach other

ithi you know i was just kidding right, but i still find it weird that nol has picked you and keeps on referencing stuff which are apparently part of his imagination  

He makes an observation, trying to link Nol and Ithi, but then he backs off pretty fast upon prodding.

i really didnt do anything that id regret and have to back-pedal, and i always joke (i mean read my handle for god's sake!)

but atleast we've moved on now 

And then proceeds to try and do a change of subject.  He says he didn't do anything he'd regret and need to backpedal for, but that's pretty much what he just did.

i was talking about moving on from the spam phase :rolleyes:

Tries to cover it.

Well it doesn't but it has gotten the game into the next gear and that's what I was aiming for

Well done chuckles :rolleyes:

Ithi doesn't buy it either it looks like.  Then from here there was a bit of a gap between this post and his next:

Well lurkers do need to post more, but imo people who parrot what others say and don't post anything new are even worse than lurkers

So you agree, you need to post more.

RTE school sux </3 and your vote on me is pretty much based on one incident and on something that you guys took to seriously

*shrug*

Defensiveness is noted.

Actually RTE I wanted to know when the DL was and I don't have any solid reads, giving out half reads with no proof isn't the best thing to do, but I do find what mish did rather weird but I understand (I did the same thing last game and I didn't go well, so I expected her to know better.

unvote

And seeing the VC, both mish and cloud have the same number of votes, so imo cloud's vote is more of saving his own backside than anything else

You don't have any reads on ANYONE? Oooh that's either the biggest fib in the world ever or you are doing the classic Mafia Thingy of not wanting to say who you think is Mafia because you are Mafia and you don't want it to come back and bite you in the behind.

Seriously - there's over 600 posts now I think. Who's your top 3 at this moment in time and why?

I agree with this, you should have some opinions.

I said I had no proper reads ithi, now its pretty much cloud, turin , dap

And is it my memory or is snow being lurky

Mentions his short list of suspects, including a turin who has claimed.  And then tries to deflect attention to another person.

Well my original names were those 3 and I haven't had time to update my notes and I forgot that he claimed, ill have to do a reread on my laptop when I have time in the next few days

"forgets he claimed"

Chuckles, if dap is in your top three why unvote him?

This close to deadline it is time for people to come forward with their opinions and place votes.

It will be interesting to see who shows up just in time to vote consolidation, and who shows up just after the hammer falls.

My thoughts on dap are pretty much he's less active but I think that's cuz he's in 2 games, and turin I unvoted cuz it was my joke vote.

You unvoted him because he was your Joke Vote ... But you think, or perhaps thought he was Mafia. Why not just leave it on if you thought he was Mafia or were you worried you would then have to explain or justify the vote.

If chuckles is Mafia then at least one of the 3 names he has thrown out is Mafia too.

This pinged a little bit with me as well.  If he's on your list of suspects, regardless of whether or not your vote started as a joke, wouldn't you leave it?

1. I have no time
2. I spent 2 hours on a history paper and i have a horrible headache
3. I still have a ton of homework

Criticizes lurkers, but then has reasons for why he is doing the same thing.

That's what I have.

1. Never used that

2. It makes cases smaller on the page and doesnt send my phone inti a meltdown

also forces people to open abd read so reduces skimmibg abd makes it more obvious when someobe does

3.ypu xalled it a small spoiler tag, not me. Ill patronise if you are trying to make it look different than it actually is

4. Of cpurse we cant assume, you are assuming that taking away nol will stop the WIFON, or atleast hope it will. But ut won't

You rely to heaviily on PRs

5.you dont need tovote for someone to start a train. Me of all people is a testament to that

Its called nudging in this case though.. Just testinng the waters

1. Never used that

2. It makes cases smaller on the page and doesnt send my phone inti a meltdown

also forces people to open abd read so reduces skimmibg abd makes it more obvious when someobe does

3.ypu xalled it a small spoiler tag, not me. Ill patronise if you are trying to make it look different than it actually is

4. Of cpurse we cant assume, you are assuming that taking away nol will stop the WIFON, or atleast hope it will. But ut won't

You rely to heaviily on PRs

5.you dont need tovote for someone to start a train. Me of all people is a testament to that

Its called nudging in this case though.. Just testinng the waters

Im not trying to take the wifom away. Thats impossible. I was trying to explain why I dont like Nolders reveal. 

And you asked me for my opinions. I gave them. Call it nudging all you want, but I was merely giving the opinions you asked for.

Yes! That helps a little bit at least.

Ok, like I said I'm gonna do a reread with notetaking tomorrow, but I thought I'd post my reads on people now, and see how a reread affects that. So far I have:

Town: Turin, Arez and Cloud, I trust their claims. Dap, Ithi, Len and Talya, mostly gut feeling.

Unsure: Nol and Chuckles, I'm not sure about their claims, I do not think we should lynch either today, but I'm still gonna keep a close eye on them. Ed, Ley, Rand.

No read: Maw, Hallia, Dice.

Uneasy about: RTE. Mostly for tunneling on Chuckles, and failure to come up with reasons for said tunneling. Even though Chuckles is on my unsure list, I feel uneasy about RTE. This is one of the main reasons why I'm gonna do a reread.

Archived