DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Darthe's Mafia Game Over. Mafia Wins.

Darthe

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why does Player do massive cases on people and then doesn't vote them? It makes me feel like he would rather other people did the voting first and then he can just join in after.

i dont throw my votes around

its what makes tgem special and pure

How many posts did John Snow have before he was replaced?

Three.

>>I find it curious that Nolder states he wants to Lynch all Lurkers but he hasn't gone against John Snow. Has he ever called John Snow out for lurkiness?

lockquote>John Snow was a lost cause who clearly needed replacing. There is lurking and then there is just not playing and I'd like to hope that most mods would recognize the difference. I think Darthe clearly did as he replaced John as I suspected he would.

>Perhaps there is a more simple reason for there being no kill. Darthe likes Night to end early but he kept it open waiting for an NA. Maybe it never came. Maybe John Snow was required to send in the Kill and he never showed up.

Possible.

Could be the mafia actually decided not to kill anyone to create this WIFOM too.

I think perhaps that you were certain that Darthe would replace Snow as you were requesting on your QT that he be poked and cajoled or replaced as mafia need all their team. That would also explain your "well it's about damn time" post when it was announced that he had been replaced.

You would know better than most I think. 

That claim was even worse than the blind ninja hammer yesterday. Interesting that Eddie is considering it brilliant... Eddie was also one of those in the late pile on Mish. And one of those along with Talya and RTE asking about why there was no death. It is generally the mafia that are most curious about why their kills fail. Theories come out and then the mafia utilize that confusion to try to protect themselves or to mislead the town.

Really? Everyone should be curious as to why it happened. And I actually said there could be a number of reasons for it and I didn't think it was worth going over and over it, it doesn't solve anything. Funny that you mention me and RTE, what about Ithi, I think she has come out with two reasons about what could have happened (didn't get kill in and decided not to put kill in). If anyone looked at Darthe's post and didn't wonder what happened isn't really playing. 

If Nolder thinks it is possible the Mafia Team might have not been able to send in a kill, or that they didn't kill to create Wifom why on earth does he also think that throwing in his ridiculous Role Claim was going to creat less confusion. Why does he think that the doc was going to be confused in the first place?

I agree with Turin that only really the Mafia are likely to be confused why no-one died. The rest of us are just happy no-one died.

Again, rubbish! Everyone should be confused as why no one died, as I said above, you have given two reasons. If Nol is telling the truth, then there is another possibility, there is a claimed Doc too, there could be a roleblocker...and I could go on, so of course there is confusion, because NO ONE except the Mod really knows what happened.

Why does Player do massive cases on people and then doesn't vote them? It makes me feel like he would rather other people did the voting first and then he can just join in after.

He did it a lot in your game too, I questioned it then. I would nee to see a game where he was town to see if he did this then to be able to make a note about his play on it. 

Once.

One of you computer type people should make a mafia analysing type programmy thing.

I wish someone would, I have tried all sorts of ways to do notes and it doesn't work. If I can get on my phone at work then it ruins any computer notes I make. Might go back to paper and pen, easy to take with me. 

Anyway, if I'm not around too much today, I have an Estate Agent coming round to value my house and I need to tidy it a little. Plus I have the beginnings of a migraine and all I want to do is lie down. :-(

In!

Nothing Important

My LotR Risk game got destroyed by rambunctious young boys when I was away on a business trip

Rambunctious is a great word

Nothing Important

I've never played Risk

Nothing Important

Seen as he posted before Darthe put his [post about starting up, he was obviously dying to get in here...so I will help him...die of course

VOTE ROO

dzy2r4.gif

Nothing Important

Looking good there Roo...if I was Welsh...

Hahaha, or from Aberdeen ;)

Nothing Important

I've been there...very windy and cold! at least you have the wool to keep you warm..

I've never been :laugh: I'm a Glasgow boy!

Nothing Important

Well it doesn't but it has gotten the game into the next gear and that's what I was aiming for

This excuse for a mistake is used every single game without fail

first useful post (sort off)

So do you guys think these scenes mean anything or is it just added flavor? I'm leaning towards them just being there for fun.

I've no idea. Darthe has a kind of wonderful mad genius about him so it could be anything. I think it's best too not think to much about it and focus on catching mafia.

Nothing Important

So it isn't a threat it is a promise.

/eyeroll

It's an observation.

You just set yourself up for a frame job if mafia should decide to try to kill Ithi tonight.

ockquote>Wouldn't bother me if the mafia killed Ithi.

For one she is way off on me and likely Mish too.

Secondly I have no idea right now whether she's mafia or not so if she were to die that's one less person I gotta figure out.

Not to tell mafia their business but if I was with them I'd advocate killing Maw or John. Ithi is on the wrong track so leaving her alive would be detrimental to town. It wouldn't help them at all to kill her and try to frame me unless they think I have a power role for some reason.

On the other hand killing Maw or John would net the town next to zero information while bringing the mafia one kill closer to winning.

If it's a shot in the dark anyway why kill someone who has posts that can be analyzed?

And on that note Unvote Vote Maw

He either needs to start posting more ASAP or I say we lynch him.

Surely it's a bit early to be lynching inactives?

Turin beat me to what I was going to say to Nolder. By all means call someone out for inactivity (especially if its unusual for them) but voting them? I don't think so.

Re the Ithi v Cloud/Mish thing. I understood what Cloud was saying initially in defence of Mish, though I don't think it necessarily makes Ithi mafia, in fact I'm getting quite a strong town read on her. Interesting how it got quite so intense though.

Good job Len, a whole post of prodding others without having to add in your own thoughts. Why are so many doing this? I can think of Roo, Arez and Len on top of my head. Been in the game today, commented, but not taking a stance on the most active issue; am I scum or not?

That's a little disingenuous. I'm not convinced either way at this point. Working in absolutes, especially this early in the game, is not a good idea.

I should clarify that I meant voting someone for inactivity this early in the game. It's definitely valid once the game gets into full swing.

I really don't see any reason for voting Turin. I'm not comfortable lynching someone purely in the back of a gut feeling. It makes particularly no sense with Mish following Dap in on it (Rand has a good post about this) so I think I shall be having a good look at her when I finally get some time to myself.

Something something buffalo

That is a pretty cool chart thing. I'm looking forward to seeing what it looks like much later in the game :laugh:

I feel like Mish dug her own grave there. 'I was playing scummy on purpose to see who'd react' sorry but I'm not having that. Anyway at least she was only a vanilla. Chuckles tomorrow perhaps? Very unfortunate that Cloud had to claim but nothing we can do about that now.

I guess everything turned out well in the end :happy: There is a ton of info right now. 

True, and as I said a vanilla is a small price to pay for it. But it's such a shame you had to reveal

True, but that was just the fault of my own play.

C'est le mafia. Never mind

Right, weird things i noticed, out of the 19 posts roo has in the game, 12 of them were made before page 25, after than only 7, which in a game about 985 posts, is seriously lurky, and the blue is the main reason im voting him, pushing a lynch and lurking.

so how'd i do?

How many posts did John Snow have before he was replaced?

Three.

>I find it curious that Nolder states he wants to Lynch all Lurkers but he hasn't gone against John Snow. Has he ever called John Snow out for lurkiness?

John Snow was a lost cause who clearly needed replacing. There is lurking and then there is just not playing and I'd like to hope that most mods would recognize the difference. I think Darthe clearly did as he replaced John as I suspected he would.

Perhaps there is a more simple reason for there being no kill. Darthe likes Night to end early but he kept it open waiting for an NA. Maybe it never came. Maybe John Snow was required to send in the Kill and he never showed up.

Possible.

Could be the mafia actually decided not to kill anyone to create this WIFOM too.

I think perhaps that you were certain that Darthe would replace Snow as you were requesting on your QT that he be poked and cajoled or replaced as mafia need all their team. That would also explain your "well it's about damn time" post when it was announced that he had been replaced.

You would know better than most I think. 

That claim was even worse than the blind ninja hammer yesterday. Interesting that Eddie is considering it brilliant... Eddie was also one of those in the late pile on Mish. And one of those along with Talya and RTE asking about why there was no death. It is generally the mafia that are most curious about why their kills fail. Theories come out and then the mafia utilize that confusion to try to protect themselves or to mislead the town.

Really? Everyone should be curious as to why it happened. And I actually said there could be a number of reasons for it and I didn't think it was worth going over and over it, it doesn't solve anything. Funny that you mention me and RTE, what about Ithi, I think she has come out with two reasons about what could have happened (didn't get kill in and decided not to put kill in). If anyone looked at Darthe's post and didn't wonder what happened isn't really playing.

If Nolder thinks it is possible the Mafia Team might have not been able to send in a kill, or that they didn't kill to create Wifom why on earth does he also think that throwing in his ridiculous Role Claim was going to creat less confusion. Why does he think that the doc was going to be confused in the first place?

I agree with Turin that only really the Mafia are likely to be confused why no-one died. The rest of us are just happy no-one died.

Again, rubbish! Everyone should be confused as why no one died, as I said above, you have given two reasons. If Nol is telling the truth, then there is another possibility, there is a claimed Doc too, there could be a roleblocker...and I could go on, so of course there is confusion, because NO ONE except the Mod really knows what happened.

He did it a lot in your game too, I questioned it then. I would nee to see a game where he was town to see if he did this then to be able to make a note about his play on it.

Once.

One of you computer type people should make a mafia analysing type programmy thing.

I wish someone would, I have tried all sorts of ways to do notes and it doesn't work. If I can get on my phone at work then it ruins any computer notes I make. Might go back to paper and pen, easy to take with me. 

Anyway, if I'm not around too much today, I have an Estate Agent coming round to value my house and I need to tidy it a little. Plus I have the beginnings of a migraine and all I want to do is lie down. :-(

Hopfully that works.

The reason mafia ate mmore curious than town is cos roles

town dont want to know the roles that did it cos the mafiawill know too

the mmafia want to know to stop it happening again

Im not saying thw town arent conguded but they need to keeo it silent unless nessacary cos silence hurts the mafia more than the towb

as for notes, i did it for years

they werebasically ready to go cases

worked well but did trap me ito ways of thinking and stopped me rereading as often

as for my voting.meta. I treat each vote as a hammer. I only vote if id be happy to deal wih that person dying cos of it

Hey everyone. Just to let you know I've asked to be replaced. Got far too much stuff to do (which came out of nowhere otherwise I wouldn't have signed up to play in the first place) so can't dedicate anywhere near enough time to play. Really sorry about the inactivity.

Was this some sort of joke?  The next person that broke down was replaced by someone you had all seen die.  What the hell was going on here?  

Everyone was staring.  It took a long moment, but you finally saw it.

They were different.  The eyes weren't the same.

Mish replaces Ruh!

Archived