DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Darthe's Mafia Game Over. Mafia Wins.

Darthe

The fact is, if you are Town, claiming it (whether true or not) is pretty awesome WIFOM against the mafia.

On the other hand, as it has been said, you could be mafia, and that is a pretty good claim for awhile.

Will have to actually look back and go through all the posts again later. From the little I recall from my quick reads, I am leaning that you are telling the truth. Or at least leaning town on it.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I'm mostly caught up, in between caregiver calls.  Recap kinda helps me sort everything I've seen.

Interesting.

Also whilst I remember. Only someone who felt I was being condescending would say I was being condescending.

When I said the Mafia were playing poorly Talya said I was being condescending.

Now Town wouldn't give a rat's behind what I called the Mafia. So she says ah well but YOU could be mafia. But why would that be condescending.

So I'm thinking Mish, Nolder, Talya and maybe Chuckles. There might be a 5th one out there - depends on the numbers really.

I also think Mish might be important in the Mafia Team. I've had a lot of pokes and nudges since I voted her. She also acted all invincible when she first posted. Super confident. It's what Mafia Godfathers and the like do.

Ithi stuck on Mish most of the day, with Cloud defending her pretty constantly.  At first this kinda pinged with me because I came into the game knowing Mish was town from the Day1 recap.  But as I read, it looked more and more like Ithi was a townie who thought she'd caught the scent of a mafia.  I was suspicious of Cloud because it seemed like he was buddying up to Mish, but then there was that Un-cc'd doc claim.  I see why people backed off.  I saw Nol posted this, and it makes me sad.  Refusing to read posts within quotes just hurts town, because you could be missing vital information.

Turin I'm not even going to read "posts" within quotes. I've tried in the past and it gives me nothing but headaches. Especially when several people jump in and everyone is using different colors and bold and italics and this and that.If you want me to read and respond please quote properly or use quotation marks or something.This goes for anyone else as well.I'm not going to spend hours deciphering who is saying what just because you like to respond inside someone else's quote.

I mainly marked this because it's who Mish was suspicious of.  Knowing she's town, it's always good to have.

Ok, clear town read on Dap; a definite different feeling over that WoT than in the game we were mafia together recently. I also agree with his conclusion. unvote vote Turin ------------- I'll be a bit scarce today, heading out for the rest of the day, will be back somewere around midnight my time.

The reason for buffalo is obvious to town. Anyone who doesn't know the reason is actually being detrimental to town.

I don't know what buffalo means :sad:

Hey guys sorry about being semi absent recently but I'm at my friends house and I'm having a hard time keeping up day to day.
Since there was no kill last night and I don't want the doctor to be potentially misled/confused I think it's necessary for me to claim.
I'm Bulletproof, can't be killed at night. So I may have been shot last night.

Yeah, this was a pretty early claim, it pings a bit with me that you would do so.

Along with the things I've noted there, I really liked the quoting tutorial Ed did, it was super helpful!  Another thing that pinged with me was the way the last four votes piled onto Mish.  Ed, Dice, Len, and then the Nol hammer.  Nol didn't even bother with an explanation, which is super pingy to me.

How many posts did John Snow have before he was replaced?

Three.

>I find it curious that Nolder states he wants to Lynch all Lurkers but he hasn't gone against John Snow. Has he ever called John Snow out for lurkiness?

John Snow was a lost cause who clearly needed replacing. There is lurking and then there is just not playing and I'd like to hope that most mods would recognize the difference. I think Darthe clearly did as he replaced John as I suspected he would.

Perhaps there is a more simple reason for there being no kill. Darthe likes Night to end early but he kept it open waiting for an NA. Maybe it never came. Maybe John Snow was required to send in the Kill and he never showed up.

Possible.

Could be the mafia actually decided not to kill anyone to create this WIFOM too.

I think perhaps that you were certain that Darthe would replace Snow as you were requesting on your QT that he be poked and cajoled or replaced as mafia need all their team. That would also explain your "well it's about damn time" post when it was announced that he had been replaced.

You would know better than most I think. 

That claim was even worse than the blind ninja hammer yesterday. Interesting that Eddie is considering it brilliant... Eddie was also one of those in the late pile on Mish. And one of those along with Talya and RTE asking about why there was no death. It is generally the mafia that are most curious about why their kills fail. Theories come out and then the mafia utilize that confusion to try to protect themselves or to mislead the town.

With only one of you dead I was hoping for more than 90 posts within 2/3 of your day phase.. especially considering that you all got around 300 in the same time on day one.

Are you really complaining about activity? There was more spam on Day 1. Now we are playing the game. This has annoyed me a little I must admit.

:tongue: Yes, for two reasons.

1st, I'm out of mafia games to play. Seriously, I am so bored to check this twice an hour or so without any posts! Nothing is distracting me :p

2nd, I am a world class complainer. Have you seen these skills?

If Nolder thinks it is possible the Mafia Team might have not been able to send in a kill, or that they didn't kill to create Wifom why on earth does he also think that throwing in his ridiculous Role Claim was going to creat less confusion. Why does he think that the doc was going to be confused in the first place?

I agree with Turin that only really the Mafia are likely to be confused why no-one died. The rest of us are just happy no-one died.

:tongue: Yes, for two reasons.

1st, I'm out of mafia games to play. Seriously, I am so bored to check this twice an hour or so without any posts! Nothing is distracting me :p

2nd, I am a world class complainer. Have you seen these skills?

I feel like posting less now on purpose. That's how stubborn and reactive I am :tongue:

As it is I still have nearly two weeks of training up New Girl and I probably should get out of bed now and get ready for work.

I'm just going to 

unvote vote Nolder

His play keeps failing, as has constantly been pointed out the last few pages. Chuckles is still #2 on my list though, and I am also wanting to vote him if it looks like he is getting more votes. Both I think are scum.

Right chucky

Lets start at the beginning. Chuckles gets heat cos of this. My comments aren't needed since Turin says it well

Its almost like these two are distancing eeach other

Cloud attempts to link me and Nolder.

Goodness me the Mafia are being clumsy this game.

ithi you know i was just kidding right, but i still find it weird that nol has picked you and keeps on referencing stuff which are apparently part of his imagination  

This is a non-committal statement. Floating the idea out to see if someone will run with it for you. That's a nudge. And a mafia tactic. vote chuckles

So Turin summed that up well. Now the back pedalling, or defensiveness if chuckles prefers since back peddling seems to freak him out.

Ok chuckles reply

You did what I posted after it right?

I think that should say read.

But here he does his first post heading backwards instead if forwards

i really didnt do anything that id regret and have to back-pedal, and i always joke (i mean read my handle for god's sake!)

but atleast we've moved on now 

Really? Cos you spent a large amount of your total posts to that time in the game taking about your lack of a need to back pedal.

Actually I don't think you regret the original distancing comment, I think you regret that people saw straight through it to the fact that you were linking people

Well it doesn't but it has gotten the game into the next gear and that's what I was aiming for

This makes me want to pat you on the head and say "sure kid"

@turin: my vote on dap was based on him doing an excellent job as mafia last time

Really? Lets check

Posting the link to slenderman and the calling us pieces I feel so wanted :tongue:vote dap cuz its his birthday and all

Of course! I see the part where you were voting me for my past play

Well lurkers do need to post more, but imo people who parrot what others say and don't post anything new are even worse than lurkers

Are you sure? Cos to me at least if someone is just parroting you can point it out and work with that. If they don't post at all they are no use to anyone at all (except maybe mafia)

id love to hear why you're rolling your eyes at me :wink:

See my comment above

Well my only problem with that is, I know that darthe thinks GF is a very over-used role on DM, so he doesn't like addding them to his games

(I've played 3 of his games and none of them had any GF's)

I happen to agree with Darthe that it gets used too much, doesn't mean I think he won't use it

I think he might have meant less experimental roles, but darthe likes using odd and less common roles, but I get what your saying

Why are you trying to down play a godfather in the game?

Maybe its some football reference or something 

Also you don't know what buffalo means

Actually RTE I wanted to know when the DL was and I don't have any solid reads, giving out half reads with no proof isn't the best thing to do, but I do find what mish did rather weird but I understand (I did the same thing last game and I didn't go well, so I expected her to know better.unvote

And seeing the VC, both mish and cloud have the same number of votes, so imo cloud's vote is more of saving his own backside than anything else

You don't have any reads on ANYONE? Oooh that's either the biggest fib in the world ever or you are doing the classic Mafia Thingy of not wanting to say who you think is Mafia because you are Mafia and you don't want it to come back and bite you in the behind.

Seriously - there's over 600 posts now I think. Who's your top 3 at this moment in time and why?

What ithi said.

Oh wait I'm parroting, I guess I'm not as useful as an inactive then

I said I had no proper reads ithi, now its pretty much cloud, turin , dap

And is it my memory or is snow being lurky

Snow is lurky, but that's ok right cos at least he isn't parroting

Also you said solid read and giving half reads would be unhelpful.

I say giving out half reads could potentially be damning. When mafia get pushed to say who is mafia they are really reluctant to take a stand, much like you are.

Then you panicked. You picked three that were being mentioned by others (that's you parroting a bit isn't it?)

Well my original names were those 3 and I haven't had time to update my notes and I forgot that he claimed, ill have to do a reread on my laptop when I have time in the next few days

I'd you have notes why are you so worried about taking a stand. You should be able to back yourself up with your notes if its a real read from real notes. Still when I have notes the first thing I do is when I see a claim I write it down, before making silly comments

My thoughts on dap are pretty much he's less active but I think that's cuz he's in 2 games, and turin I unvoted cuz it was my joke vote.

I started the game saying I was busy all weekend and had assignments due, so I'd be less active. If you think me being inactive is a tell that's just silly. I'm active if I can be, I don't like inactive games so I try keep them as active as I can regardless if alignment.

Also I was in 3 and all the same activity level

Now about the joke vote, I thought you said you thought I was mafia?

You unvoted him because he was your Joke Vote ... But you think, or perhaps thought he was Mafia. Why not just leave it on if you thought he was Mafia or were you worried you would then have to explain or justify the vote.

:unsure:

If chuckles is Mafia then at least one of the 3 names he has thrown out is Mafia too.

At this point that looks like me. However the masons aren't cleared yet. Either way we wait till chucukles flip

well i have my doubts on dap, but id rather not risk a random by leaving my joke vote 

Lets start some more pedalling shall we.

I would like to state that leaving a vote does not risk random in your case cos you never voted for consolidation in the end, so your vote wasn't used or needed. So it looks more like getting off a person to avoid looking scummy

And we have voting rules?!!

And that's why you didn't know what buffalo meant

Ed we alredy have the doc claimed, why do you want another claim?

You Fos'd me, what do you want me to do? I've already told you why I said everything and that makes me scummy, don't you think I'd be a relief to just ignore what you said and not dig my own hole as someone mentioned earlier

Soft claiming is never a good thing chuckles, and you doing it when it was so Uncalled for was silly

Also it might be a relief to stop replying but you know that it will make you look worse

Well its more serious cuz apparently me joking around is scummy

*shrug*

Sounds like you are getting angry that no matter waht you do people are picking up that you are scummy

1. I have no time

2. I spent 2 hours on a history paper and i have a horrible headache

3. I still have a ton of homework

So I'm suspicious cos I also have school work and assignments and a 21st, but you have the same and we are supposed to be forgiving? That's hypocritical

I don't mind RL effecting your post count a bit, but then don't try cast me as scummy over it.

Teh mod is bored

I take it you have more time now? So your notes will be up to date. Lets here an excerpt please.

Who's mafia?

well for now my list of scum are

Roo and RTE 

Lets hear the rest of those notes shall we

These names were easy to pull from the air at the time

Right after all that I don't think I have anything concrete, just a gut really

I still think he's scummy, I still think he is mafia but I don't have a strong case

RTE really did fail to produce his case and this is coming over a day after chuckles asked him too

Nol. His claim confuses me. Once again I go back to the original thing in mafia, why? His claim doesn't make sense, as mafia it seems silly

As town it seems almost equally as silly through, I'm not sure what I think here

Darthe, I will get this game going posting wise lol. I have some free time again, so ill be back in action

Actually dude, I didn't pull those name from air, I stated why, but ill do it again

RTE: mostly for tunneling down on me for 2 days straight

Roo: getting the next day's lynch in place, right after the scene's been posted and then lurking.

Thos are two main scum on my list, roo more than RTE

[Vote=red]Яøø [/color]

Never doubt yourself when people are going hard at you :wink:

And my notes are just the names of the players and who claimed what, so I don't get confused.

Well I've seen what everyone said, and I saw how everyone took it as backpedalling and I wanna recitify my scummy playstyle into a more town friendly way

(I have no idea where to start tbh)

Never doubt yourself when people are going hard at you :wink:

And my notes are just the names of the players and who claimed what, so I don't get confused.

Well I've seen what everyone said, and I saw how everyone took it as backpedalling and I wanna recitify my scummy playstyle into a more town friendly way

(I have no idea where to start tbh)

Look who's turned a new leaf!

Why does Player do massive cases on people and then doesn't vote them? It makes me feel like he would rather other people did the voting first and then he can just join in after.

It's his style. I've seen it so many times at this point that it doesn't surprise me. I think he likes to keep his own options open.

The case on Nolder is pretty compelling. And he seems to sink deeper with every post. I would be willing to switch to him but I'm not convinced by chuckles' change of heart.

Archived